Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

I think ive found the dumbass at my work

Someone better tell Aotearoa Mata'u to get off the pitch, shes 6ft tall and 133kg.

The number of people this applies to is vanishingly small. If they want to do anything set testosterone limits, which they probably already have, and leave it at that. Using the injury angle is just pathetic pearl clutching.

Cycling has post-puberty transgender Athletes competing the same as everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

In all fairness, "Chiefs" in a vacuum is a fairly neutral term. It's almost entirely the imagery and logo that's the problem.

Yeah the word is fine it's just literally everything they've ever done to use it for promotion that's the problem. It kinda why there isn't the same level of protest against Saracens.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

It's a very 2020 thing that Exeter no longer have the worst hair in the prem - LCD shaved his head and Hogg's hair plugs are coming in, they look almost normal. Does make sense that the NH mullets are inferior to SH mullets though.

Pro14 playoffs should be fun, hard to call anything other than a Leinster-Edinburgh final though.

I think Edinburgh vs Ulster could be close, the main thing Edinburgh have is a bit of momentum of results, shame they lost to Glasgow last week.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Smorgasbord posted:

No, at least not in any reputable source I can find.

I suspect based on the persistence of the claim there must have been a study that isolated one variable where the results were ambiguous enough or the sample size small enough to allow activists to fudge it but as per the IRB release the science is pretty clear that there is a significant imbalance in multiple areas.

There are just so many athletic advantages of being born and gone through puberty as a male that do not go away from taking hormones starting (and by no means ending) with bone density, lung capacity, strength, body frame. There is a reason why many mediocre recreational sportsmen immediately become elite female athletes as soon as they are allowed to compete as women after transitioning, even when they are decades older than the other elite women. It is impossible to not find those cases and understand why that is unless you are ideologically unwilling to see it.

Who? Which recreational male athletes becoming elite level female athletes? There are 2 female cyclists who are trans who have won things. Neither of them are particularly good.

But so many? That just smacks of trans panic, its just not happening with any numbers and not in a way thats affecting sport.

Caster Semeya has had more of an impact on sports than any trans athlete and she was born female.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Smorgasbord posted:

Once again I note everyone who disagrees with me has refused to engage with the fundamental question in this whole issue - What is the reason we have a separate category for women's sport if it is not to separate female bodied people from male bodied people for safety and competitive reasons?

We don't, we have Female within specific limitations and Male within specific limitations. Caster Semeya is not allowed to compete as she was born, she is required to take hormones to be allowed to compete.

You made the point that so many men were just pretending to be women so they could be elite level athletes and your top example is a youth athlete? The fact that it's easy to name every single trans athletes should make it very obvious to you that this is not a common thing. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but it does look like you claim that Yearwood is claiming to be female with the intent to compete against women. That is her entire motivation for doing it.

That also doesn't address Rugbys reasoning for not allowing trans athletes which is injury risk. But that makes no sense because apparently its perfectly safe for Jennifer Troncy to line up against players who are literally twice her size.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Smorgasbord posted:

I absolutely did not make any such point, gently caress off with this bullshit.

Not engaging with my point at all there? I think it's easy for me to be confused when you say poo poo like

quote:

There isn't even a transition there she is a biological male in a sports bra clowning on biological girls

Maybe that explains why people think you're a loving moron?

But still to engage more, you think its safe for women to play against women literally twice their size but wildly dangerous for them to compete against transwomen?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

A really strong Scottish representation in this final.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It's full France but Wales are totally loving this. Given the penalty count they should be up by 20 points.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Have to give Ali Price some credit for his game management there. Not his usual strength.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

This French team is just so exciting just now I think. I've always been a fan of Gael Fickou, but Ntamack and Dupont, Vakatawa etc just make and tremendous back line. I thought the French pack were going to really suffer after the retirements but if anything it's better. Multiple players fitting into the role Picamoles played.

Then you look at the U20 team and players like Louis Carbonel coming though and youve got mad poo poo in depth.

I just hope the other unions take this lesson and invest properly in youth rugby, like France has done in preparation for the World Cup.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

France v Fiji is off with some Fijian players having tested positive for COVID. Might have an impact on the Italy game too.

Ah that's a shame, was lining up to be a good one.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Wales are looking.... Not good at all here.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The Ireland vs Wales game was like I had gone back in time and watching an early 2000 snooze fest.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Scotland should be allowed more subs than other teams just based on injury rates.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The ref has decided its his time to shine. Penalised Hanning for not rolling away whilst Hanning was standing on his own side of the ruck?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

He's all over the shop, the penalty against Scotland for offside after the ball was ripped was dumb but he's gotten worse. He needs to go back to filling doughnuts.

That's no excuse though, Scotland have no shape at all. I'm really surprised how often the meatball is not first receiver. He's a better player than that so maybe deliberate?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Yeah, if meatball goes, we're down to Lang and Hogg at 10

Blair Kinghorn!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Bumped in the air? What? The way he's reffing this is meaning Scotland basically cannot contest line outs.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It's good to see there is continuity between broadcasters here in giving England furious hand jobs over everything they do. Dropped the ball? Great work by England there!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I think if they flood out a bunch of their U20 then this might have a positive affect on the game in the long run.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ireland are just unable to convert pressure into points at all here. England look entirely unstretched

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ireland decided after 20.mins of just smashing head first into a brick wall to do something else.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Georgia are here to play a bit. I expect Wales to pull away in the second half but not too bad.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Loving the commentary 'Wales turn up the gear on the Battle weary visitors'.... Wales knock it on and fail to score against 14 Georgians.

The swinging are there is one of those technically correct yellow cards. Just really unfortunate for Tupiric.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

There needs to be some review of commentators surely. Wales kick the ball away aimlessly 'Wales playing the territory game'... A minute later Georgia kick the ball out and it 'that ball just sliding into touch' like it was a mistake. It's the same loving effect you massive dingbats.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

I'm watching on S4C without speaking Welsh.

You missed them saying how Wales was about to cut loose against a tiring backline, the moments backline live for as they threw the ball straight into touch.

Failing to get the bonus point against Georgia is worse than losing against Ireland.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

What I don't get mostly is why Wales put out a B team when the A team is dogshit and need to get it together. A full team performance sticking 50 past Georgia or just turn it into a nothing match.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

Some "adventurous" clearing out of rucks is going on.

It was.... Energetic let's say.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

sleep with the vicious posted:

Geez Italy sure does suck

They still have a more convincing attack than Wales though.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

Ireland just looked bad once Murray went off the field.

Murray just controls the game so well, fast delivery, pin point box kicking, threat around the ruck etc.

He is as good as Faff De Clerk I would say.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

What?

No one linked anything in this thread. I googled afterwards and saw the original tweets and was told they were racist but the same article said they didnít know the actual contents as they had no official translator.

Iíve seen there were bans issued but still have no idea what was actually said by the players.

Yeah just imagine being dumb enough to fire off a message in defence of some guy despite not know what he did? The follies of youth.

Here are some excerpts for you

quote:

"SOUTH AFRICA baby! I'm finally leaving this country full of blacks ouch."

quote:

"Today is a good day to get in the car and drive over blacks."

Not saying he should be in jail or anything, but maybe shouldn't be captain of his national Rugby team.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

All the Autumn Nations Cup games are starting with a mins silence in support of Rugby Against Racism. This is why they need to do that kind of thing still.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Not sure how you can give that, there's absolutely nothing there to show it was ever grounded.

More than that in the play immediately before the try the Welsh player does a squeeze ball out of the ruck which is illegal now.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Amazon having the highlights on demand is a game changer.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I think that's a problem of streaming, it's been totally fine for me but I can see its going to be an issue for some folks.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

This is going to end on a ticky tack penalty and I will be very sad.

What a finish lol

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

If England win this, we'll never hear the end of their brave victory in the prestigious 2020 Nations Autumn Cup.

We'll be hearing for years how the plucky English heroes defeated the French U20s.

I mean if it stops being clownball.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

England ruin everything

You mean brave England defeat all comers against the odds. Best team in the world!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

Amazon commentary just correctly observed that England likely will be the champions of the Autumn Nations Cup for all of eternity.

Scotland are undefeated 5 Nations Champions so hey why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The last was was particularly bad, he either loses it forwards, plays it on the ground or both.