Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Quality game to take in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Awesome to see Ireland win in Dunedin. On a fast pitch too.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Those cards are wicked. I think most nations' supporters would be pleased with their team's individual card.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Makes it double brutal when Scotland and Argentina are trouncing the minnow sides bringing into question whether minnows should be at the world cup and minnow Portugal is in front of heavyweight Australia.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Andoman posted:

So is anyone backing a Northern Hemisphere cleans sweep of the quarters?

Looking forward to a Fiji/Argentina grand final!

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Just need Fiji to beat England tomorrow to remain on track for a Fiji/Arg grand final!

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Dual Monarchy posted:

Hard to have an interest, when its the usual suspects in the final. I hope everyone gets injured, or something. Or there's handbags every 10 minutes. I just need something different and funny to happen. :smith:

Awww c'mon dude, it is not like NZ or SA have much else to cheer about. SA rugby being successful after years of very controversial quotas etc through their comps is excellent and NZ, well a small country living and breathing a sport as much as they do should count for something. It's not like the US basketball dream team doing bog laps around some small Eastern European country in a final.

I too was hoping for an Argy / Fiji final or if not that, an IRE/FRA once but I am not going to feel badly for SA/NZ because for one, whoever wins will have earned it and secondly, I don't think the result is a foregone conclusion. The weather may limit it but I still think it is going to be a good watch.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

One thing is that rule 11 is not exclusionary, it does not say;

All Clear and Obvious knock-on or throw forward infringements within and only within two phases leading to a possible try.

Upon review, it was seen as an egregious enough knock on to be worth going back to - even beyond the two phases spelled out as obligated to go back to in the rules.

It really does seems like unfun rule lawyering to say "well in the rules, we are allowed to cheat if the ref misses it for three phases, see it says so in the rule 11"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

edogawa rando posted:

Oi now, rule lawyering is a fine tradition of the game!

Fair enough, as long as we understand it was no under-arm incident and more of something to wish what might have been. Far more impactful was NZ lineouts and kicking which is normally rock solid.

Ruggers reffing is being managed to achieve overall goals for rugby (hence why the huge effort to make the game seem less scary for parents to send their kids to) and I am sure they will try and refine the process around how far back to look.

I think the yellow turned to a red card given to Hogg a few years ago for a late shoulder charge on Biggar was before ref's were technically allowed to change their decision based upon what they had seen on the big screen. Refs should be consistent but they don't need to be in a straight jacket.