Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aramoro posted:

If only they could have predicted this.....this typhoon season.

If there' a chance that they might cancel Scotland vs Japan they need to look at ways around it, just calling it a draw and handing Japan a place in the knockouts is ridiculous really.

Just handing? They’ve won every game. If Scotland deserved a place in the quarters they should have beaten at least one good team instead of zero. And speaking of predicting, maybe Scotland should have predicted the typhoon instead and beaten Ireland to prepare for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

May as well just have put NZ straight into the quarters then, with that attitude.

Should be America’s cup rules imo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Flayer posted:

It looks like that women in the bottom right is featured on the banner and advertisements in the upper left.

Not at all lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

So...I’m moving overseas permanently next month, however in my haste I booked my flight on the night of the rugby World Cup final. What is my best way to watch a replay of the final undisturbed by the horrible possibility of spoilers? Do streaming sites host replays?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

NBC Sports Gold is good at staying spoiler-free, I have found.

Would I be able to access that from anywhere or would I need a VPN?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dog Friday posted:

Must be said South Africa got the game plan spot on and had the strong players to execute... Good coaching all in all.

Yeah they weathered everything exactly how Ireland and Scotland didn’t.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

He lost it and the Aussie player grounded it? Is this like that blue gold dress thing.

Had it in his hand the whole time. You can tell by his hand being on the ball. Cheers.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol at talking here and on Reddit about Ireland like all they have to do is walk past the all blacks and overcome a long-standing quarter final hoo doo. Wrap it up, cups in the cabinet already. No pressure lads.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

harperdc posted:

Japanese commentary exploded into glitter with that drop goal

First time seeing Japanese commentary?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man this Irish defence :staredog:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mrenda posted:

Heard the commentators say 27 phases of play at one point.

It went to 29 or 30.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ardie looking immense tonight.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ireland are looking the better team, but the ABs sometimes just say: “let’s pull a try out of out arses. Cheers”

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Disqualify Ireland for crimes against hairstyles.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

drat. All Ireland had to do was beat the all blacks huh. It was in the bag. Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I actually hate that. 4 more years boys caused underarm level psychic damage to the nation when Gregan said it after that semi. Dusting it off 20 years later to use on a completely different team ain’t it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What is the Boks access to the catering staff like?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

acidx posted:

Just tuning in for the first time since the group stage. How did the all blacks make the final? I thought they were poo poo this year.

They won their playoff games.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SA aren’t blinking at the pressure at all.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Laaaaame.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

That's probably going to haunt the poor bastard for years. :smith:

The camera lingered on him for a closeup a few minutes later and he had a 1000 yard stare.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aramoro posted:

I was rooting for NZ in the game but now I'm happy SA based on the deranged posting in this thread.

It’s one loving guy lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

They had rugby back then? I know Ritchie Mounga, the Fozzie guy and Wayne Barnes.

This, but unironically. Who gives a gently caress what some farmers chucking around a rugby ball part-time in between bouts of ww2 induced ptsd did.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

harperdc posted:

No you missed my point, which was to knock it off and drop the subject, please :unsmith:

Why? This is a rugby discussion thread. He’s slightly annoying, but his posts are interesting and well informed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

harperdc posted:

I took the four or so regulars quoting “who cares” as a hint.

Discuss TMO shortcomings all you want, but “my team was robbed!!!!” stuff isn’t healthy and has never gotten a result overturned.

Maybe saying “who cares” is low effort garbage and you should do something about that instead. I’m interested in reading about the rules around TMOs if someone is will to put in the effort and research to make them. This is a discussion forum and always has been, there are a million trashy rear end sites all over the net where saying “who cares” will get you an X.com branded repost from brain dead fuckwits.