Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

incredible op.

my body is ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Hamish Watson - England

I feel like you could be born on the moon and still qualify for Scotland if you're named Hamish.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I listen to a lot of football podcasts but never found a decent rugby one. Any one have any recommendations?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Just woke up and saw it was another classic performance from the world number ones.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I know it's always the way but it's frustrating that there are only 2 pool matches left that mean anything. I really hope they don't add more teams any time soon.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I see your point, but all you're doing is then adding an extra knockout round that'll also be a procession for most teams.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Japan played some blinding rugby. Fantastic. Fukuoka is an absolute flyer.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

the hockey team are called the black sticks?!?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Eddie Jones has selected Farrell at 10 and dropped Ford to the bench. Which considering that's exactly what Lancaster did before the Wales game in 2015 has me spooked as hell.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

France are going to beat Wales and I'm going to do a hearty lol

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

For all their lovely play in this half, France are still very much France.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

lmao France wtf

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Pretty uninspiring from wales. Donít think either Japan or Springboks will be worried to be honest.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

drat

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

England are good and hell, I love it.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I hope South Africa win and then ideally wales falls into the sea

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

I'm loving furious. Let's just get this out of the way - England were the better team tonight. Let's state that, and move one, because none of what I'm about to post is intended to detract from that fundamental point.

The All Blacks played like poo poo when it mattered, and the referees let England get away with way, way, way too much. From the kick-off, the England defenders were consistently living offside, and as usual, no action was taken regarding a hit around Whitelock's throat just prior to him shoving Farrell, and his graceless dive. Slade's shoulder charge should have, at the very least, been a penalty and a yellow, and a potential penaltyi try situation. The fact that Curry so blatantly obstructed the All Blacks defence towards Underhill's disallowed try, and Owens still tried to award it before the TMO intervened speaks volumes.

England played better, and the All Blacks played like poo poo, but gently caress me, it was a 15 vs 16 situation at times.

allblackfans.txt

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I honestly haven't seen one English person on the media or otherwise say that they don't like the haka.

I've seen a lot going on about how the V formation was this incredible gesture, which I don't really get, but yeah nothing really negative about the haka.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

bigfoot again posted:

Gary Lineker tweeted something foolish but he was swiftly told to gently caress off

ah fair enough, lineker is a prick. surprised he's not been #metoo'd yet considering some of the poo poo you hear about him.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I got on my flight at 18-12 and by the time Iíd figured out how to connect to inflight WiFi and paid my $6 it was all over. Well played boks and well played delta.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Kitchner posted:

You wouldn't, your first reaction was to post "at least its not Wales" and then when a welsh fan points out England is insufferable when they win you pout.

Frankly other than maybe Japan (and I viousky Wales) I don't think I would have supported anyone else over SA. I have three black South African friends and the first black captain is a big deal for them and the fact that they won the world cup with him leading them is a big deal. I'm really glad they won for that reason, and they also just played really good rugby.

That being said, English fans like you and the other guy generally make it really easy to enjoy seeing them lose.

Every country has annoying fans when they win I donít think a particularly English phenomenon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Tip Wales into the sea imo