Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Interesting game that... Springboks looked rather good, aside from the 10 minute lapse that gave NZ the game. Could well have been a different result, hope they meet again in the finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Must be said South Africa got the game plan spot on and had the strong players to execute... Good coaching all in all.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
So this photo was also taken in his spare time as a member of the public, are referees supposed to conduct themselves as consummate professionals every second of the day, even if their private lives? I get that it’s a little naughty of him but it was just a bit of fun and the outrage feels way disproportionate.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Oh dear, the English are going to be insufferable this week aren't they?

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Lol fair replies... I'm not sure why everyone is writing off Wales and South Africa at this point, both have the forwards to make the final a different prospect?

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

How dare they be happy that their team beat the best team in the world and have made it to a world cup final.

The utter gall of them.

Yes because being happy and insufferable are the same thing... Numpty

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Not terribly fussed who wins tomorrow but just hope the outcome is determined by the players and not Jerome Garces

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Well done SA, clinical performance and completely outplayed England in every department. Can't really blame the ref when you are getting dominated at the breakdown and your scrum is in turbo reverse for most of the game. Like against Japan, SA showed they are well coached and insanely good on defense, well deserved victory.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

Madkal posted:

Despite having an amazing tournament I had my criticisms of Faf de Villiers. Consider them all gone now. Anyone that meets royalty like this gets my respect.

Faf really is the most scrum half scrum half there is, gotta love it

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Geez every week we are getting bad ref/TMO calls and refs inserting themselves into crucial moments... the Rassie method obviously not the right approach World Rugby don't seem to care much either way, so not sure anymore

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
I think with what we've seen this Autumn, Ireland France New Zealand and South Africa all have a real chance of winning next year. Australia and England also in with a shout but maybe marginally less of a claim.

All in all looks to be an open tournament and will hopefully be good for all rugby fans.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
As a non-England fan I'm very happy to see Eddie go at this stage before a World Cup

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Well not the start Eddie was looking for I'm guessing, makes it worse that the Aussie press were moaning about a "spare-parts" Springboks...

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Yep, looks like it's NZ and SA again going to carry Southern Hemisphere hopes into the World Cup

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Strong Springbok team for NZ this weekend. I'm definitely going for NZ to win the World Cup this year, they are going to be battle hardened and there's less pressure than normal. Springboks could/should have beaten France and Ireland last November, and now they will both be less prepared. Not seeing it tbh...

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Agreeing with everyone on the Springbok 10 cupboard being bare at the moment, they should rather risk it on Libbok than go with a known non-option like Willemse. If the Bok forwards are on fire Libbok should be alright...ish.

All Blacks on the other hand looked fantastic first quarter of that match. The game reminded of the AB vs Bok game of the 2019 World Cup where AB's blew them away in a 10 minute window and the rest was evenly matched but ultimately too much catch up.

The call for ABs to win the World Cup looking alright...

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Springboks are just on fire today, when they are nobody beats them. All Blacks will smash France to smithereens on opening night, mark my words

Dog Friday fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 25, 2023

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Springbok results making big statements before the tournament, will be interesting to see how it goes for them. All Blacks will bounce back no doubt

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Some interesting calls all round here but the worst must be that shocking dive from the French player

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

tarbrush posted:

The tournament’s been great! One dud semi final doesn’t bring it down

The QF final round was nothing short of epic. Both SF's were a dud but for different reasons.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Every match has a few things the ref/TMO/whoever missed from both sides, it's an absolute exercise in futility to go back and try pick these all apart. The trophy is sitting in South Africa right now and nothing is going to change that. They were deserved winners with a mad hard route to the final, nobody was robbed here.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

Andoman posted:

I think its a sad reflection on the current state of play re TMO decisions that we are still talking about the refereeing and not the actual game 5 days after the final.

There are real pundits out there who are analysing the game and going over the impressive defensive work South Africa put in, but the afficionados are talking TMOs endlessly instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

edogawa rando posted:

Turns out plenty of people are happy to discuss the role of the TMO. I didn’t realise any discussion that happened required your approval. Should I write up an application form for future discussions that we can then submit to you to be signed off?

The irony of this little outburst is that you are getting mad at me for suggesting there are other things to talk about