Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Drew McIntyre posted:

WWE CEO Vince McMahon dies after being eaten alive by a pack of wolves in the woods of England. According to reports from his brother Rob, WWE is in such bad shape, they have to kill wrestlers to keep them in the ring.

The rumors are getting worse. "They're actually killing people," Rob told Sportsnet when asked about the matter. "Like, two-thirds of all people they bring in are going to die. But it's because the company is failing. It's going out of business."

McMahon said he has to find a way to improve things. "As for where my job can continue in the next two or three years, I can't answer that question. But there will be changes. That's my job, but I can't promise that the organization will be successful at any point in the foreseeable future."

While McMahon would rather find out when WWE will be able to get back on top, the "Survivor" guy also says he thinks a lot of wrestlers would like to leave. "I don't know how people who are in the business for 20-plus years feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Can your knuckles say the same" holy gently caress :lol:

Also the wrestling moves list becoming obsessed with The Great Khali was awesome.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Daniel Bryan ended the show with a promo about Erick Rowan, while Austin had a brief shot of Rowan, a shot of him in the ring, and then a shot of Austin in the ring. Austin then cut to a Foley match in which Wyatt was defeated during a brawl (the crowd had apparently not quite calmed down to Bryan's antics) and a Foley chant was heard. He brought Vince McMahon out to the ring and gave him his famous "I did the leg." McMahon is currently working as an ambassador for the WWE, and while the promotion is in this year's "big 12," Vince has indicated (via WWE.com) that he is interested in expanding his interests in the WWE Network.

(then in an effort to get funny match results...this happened)

TNA Victory Road 2009 Results

- February 11, 2010 - February 17, 2010 - March 9, 2010 - March 16, 2010 - March 22, 2010 - March 29, 2010 - April 2, 2010

2009 TNA RULES UPDATE V.11

New TNA Rules Changes

The TNA Rules and Regulations have just been updated. This is a big one, as the TNA RULES and Regulations have a long history of changing, particularly after the inception of TNA, but for the sake of simplicity I'll go through the new changes, then review and detail how I felt things worked this past weekend.

The TNA RULES:

Sets, Tag Teams and Elimination

- All match-ups now count towards the singles count of a tag match.

- In other words, if two of you tag for 20 minutes, each count is counted separately and then applied. This also applies to any pin and disqualifications. This change will eliminate all of the ridiculous "double counting" and "double elimination scenarios people use every time they tag" when counting Tag Team and Elimination Matches. Also, since the count of a tag match for this reason now includes both singles matches and tag matches, there is no longer an ambiguity with regards to when the count is to be applied: a tag match for Tag Team and Elimination Matches will count as both singles matches (no double counting) and a tag match for Tag Team Matches will count as one single match (double counting).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The below sounds way more exciting than what actually happened:

The main event was between Hollywood Hogan (nWo) and Sting (WCW) for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Nick Patrick, who had favored the nWo before, was chosen as the referee through a random drawing. This show was a part of the New Year's Revolution in 1991. Nick Patrick was the ring announcer. He was a very talented announcer and if the match would have been a little longer, the crowd might have gotten a bit louder. Hulk Hogan won by DQ in 2:28. Sting took the match in 19 seconds.

The match was pretty solid. Vince McMahon tried to get Sting to tap out to a sunset flip by sending Sting's head through the ringpost. Hogan refused on several occasions. Vince told Sting that no matter what he did, Hogan would always be the better man. Vince's words were true because Sting gave Hogan the biggest beatdown of his life that night by dropping him down in the ring. As he was taken down, Sting said, "I'm done". A moment later Hogan regained his composure by saying, "I never quit" and made Sting tap out. But, Vince didn't let

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Back in 1999, the late great British Bulldog came back to WWE and had a small feud with The Rock, culminating with The Rock challenging Bulldog to a Dog Poo Match. The match eventually didn't happen, and the feud faded away, but at least the Dog Poop match made a name for itself in the wrestling world.

Dog Pee.

Dog Pee is a rare WWE PPV PPV style match that has become almost legendary in our hobby for its high impact. The match itself began with "The Big Dog" with his famous "Dog Poop" pose and continued with the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton all walking through the crowd, with Paul Heyman's ring announcer doing the pooping sound effect. It ended with each of them grabbing something in the air and pooping on the spot. Heyman's ring announcer did the pooping noise thing, and the crowd responded with what sounded like a little cat, cat-cat-poo.

The result was one of the most iconic in WWE history.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Angry_Ed posted:

The TNA RULES:

Sets, Tag Teams and Elimination

- All match-ups now count towards the singles count of a tag match.

- In other words, if two of you tag for 20 minutes, each count is counted separately and then applied. This also applies to any pin and disqualifications. This change will eliminate all of the ridiculous "double counting" and "double elimination scenarios people use every time they tag" when counting Tag Team and Elimination Matches. Also, since the count of a tag match for this reason now includes both singles matches and tag matches, there is no longer an ambiguity with regards to when the count is to be applied: a tag match for Tag Team and Elimination Matches will count as both singles matches (no double counting) and a tag match for Tag Team Matches will count as one single match (double counting).

Are you sure this isn't a real thing they did?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

This made me wonder how some of TNA's bizarre match stips would fare, and things took a turn for the weird.

Reverse Battle Royal. The team can now select the ability that is being used. The effect ends once one team or the other receives damage. Once the Reverse Battle Royal has started, the damage will be added to the first team whose ATK is equal to or higher than the damage of the Reverse Battle Royal. Once the Reverse Battle Royal is finished, the damage will be transferred to the second team's leader. If another team has a unit on the field that is not in the field of either team, the card that is not on the field of the second team can be selected to act as the leader of the second team.

[Card] Return Battle Royal: If the ATK of all the units on the field of your opponent's current team reaches 5, the battle opponent's turn will begin.

[Dimensional Gate] Battle Royal: Once a unit that has been boosted by a "Secret Sword" or an "Ultimate Attack" gets used for the turn, return it to the hand.

Feast or Fired Wrestling Match

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

Finn Balor vs. Big Cass

"Hornswoggle vs. The Miz"

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

Finn Balor and Big Cass vs. The Miz & Cody Rhodes

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

Finn Balor, Big Cass & Kofi Kingston vs. The Wyatt Family

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

"The New Attitude Era"

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

it sounds to me a hell of a lot like that grand championship dealy they had going around the time :aronrex: was A Thing

I think that paragraph is the ten point must system

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There's a lot of match types you can do this with, come to think of it:

TNA King of the Mountain Match, you have my word, will be the most intense in history, featuring two of wrestling's most popular and ferocious superstars.

"The match begins Sunday, November 5 when WWE Champion CM Punk and his beloved Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes square off in what promises to be a battle of the best of both worlds. The bout will take place at TNA's Bound for Glory live event on Sunday, November 5 at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota.

"I'm looking forward to the match to be held in my backyard. It will be a great chance to watch the hottest tag team in the history of the business in action against one of the most iconic champions in wrestling history."

The match will also feature WWE Champion John Cena, who has faced Punk on the final weekend of 2012, as well as WWE Champion Daniel Bryan, who is scheduled to face Kane at Bound for Glory on Wednesday.

Punk and Rhodes both have strong ties to the Twin Cities, appearing as members of CM Punk's Deadman Crew.

TNA's Hard Ten Tournament and the two will compete in a tournament to determine who takes home the gold. With the final round of the tournament being on July 12, fans can tune-in on July 7, 2012 and catch the action live. TNA has a three-year deal with USA Network and a four-year deal with Discovery Communications.

The Hard Ten Tournament will begin with the TNA Tag Team Championship Final Battle. The eight competitors will be determined by TNA's "Hard Ten" tournament format, with competitors competing with the tag teams from the four main TNA TV rosters. The tournament will culminate with the four championship matches, the four-way championship match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, the three-way championship match for the Tag Team Championships and the one-on-one championship match for the Tag Team Championships. In the top eight, the titles will be placed on a rotating rotation of eight wrestlers and the championship match would be played as an eight-man single elimination match. The match would be decided by the votes of the fans who vote daily at the ersatz of a traditional TV show, with no commercial breaks, the contestants will compete in an elimination-style tournament, with the "winner" of each of the five championship matches advancing to the final round of the tournament.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

The Rock, X-Pac, JBL, Eddie Guerrero, and Jeff Jarrett walked into a bar, when WWE sent a car to pick up their entourage. They all got shot. I swear, they were all shot. They were sitting on their friends' laps when they were shot. They were all covered in paint. They were all covered in bullets. They were all bulletproof. One of them died on the way to the hospital. He was 26 years old. The others were all wounded. They all died of their wounds the following day. The Rock was taken to the hospital. The Rock is recovering from his wounds.
My brother and I did not have a good childhood. My brother had a bad childhood. I didn't have a good childhood. I was an orphan. My family was broken. Nobody else had a chance. My life was one of abuse.
My dad was an alcoholic. My mom was an alcoholic. We didn't speak. Our siblings were afraid of each other because if one of them hit someone, the other had to hit back. I don't know what that makes us or makes us different or makes us different than somebody else

:stare:

The Rock, X-Pac, JBL, Eddie Guerrero, and Jeff Jarrett walked into a bar, when X-Pac (The Rock) was standing behind a booth. (As the name suggests. This bar is in the strip and is known as "The Bar") The Rock and his group ordered two shots and when they were finished Rock grabbed the booth and pulled it over to his group. (He had to be careful though as that is a metal bar that is in the shape of a door.) (The bar is also known by many people as "The Door" or The Door To Hell because it represents the path out of Hell (i.e. Purgatory) as the rock walks out of it) Jeff Jarrett ran in to help out and asked a woman (Jeff) if she would like a shot. A large man called The Rock turned to Jarrett and said, "Hey Jeff, your a rock too." Jarrett thought to himself, "Wow, I really am a Rock in the making." The Rock stood up and said; "Hey Jeff, if I could do this for one day, I would give all my friends a shot. Just that one day."

Jeff gettin his day :3:

21 Hoot Salute fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 22, 2019

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
At the Heroes of Wrestling PPV, Triple H came in second. For a while, it looked like he was actually going to face Rusev and Batista -- that match was originally meant to be The Game vs. Sheamus -- but Triple H got tired and fell down in traffic. In any case, he regained his place in the match with Sheamus as the first match of the night was a big match between WWE Championship/European Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan and former WWE Champion and current WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns, with "Bryan's Game" and "Royal Rumble" angle in the backstories to both.

Bryan and Reigns got into it after Reigns accidentally gave Bryan a "No DQ" over his head, and Bryan retaliated by getting out as Dolph Ziggler had the upper hand, then throwing the World Heavyweight Title around the ring and sending Reigns over the top rope. Reigns fell in a few spots and Bryan managed to get out and run away, but his partner The Big Show and The Big Show Jr. chased after him, and The Big Show Jr. was able to keep the World Heavyweight Title from falling apart.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

21 Hoot Salute posted:

The Rock, X-Pac, JBL, Eddie Guerrero, and Jeff Jarrett walked into a bar, when WWE sent a car to pick up their entourage. They all got shot. I swear, they were all shot. They were sitting on their friends' laps when they were shot. They were all covered in paint. They were all covered in bullets. They were all bulletproof. One of them died on the way to the hospital. He was 26 years old. The others were all wounded. They all died of their wounds the following day. The Rock was taken to the hospital. The Rock is recovering from his wounds.
My brother and I did not have a good childhood. My brother had a bad childhood. I didn't have a good childhood. I was an orphan. My family was broken. Nobody else had a chance. My life was one of abuse.
My dad was an alcoholic. My mom was an alcoholic. We didn't speak. Our siblings were afraid of each other because if one of them hit someone, the other had to hit back. I don't know what that makes us or makes us different or makes us different than somebody else

:stare: :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Holy poo poo.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

21 Hoot Salute posted:

:stare: :stare:

page 2 and the thread has already peaked

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Steve Austin asked the crowd if he should shoot Vince McMahon, and they shouted HELL YEAH! Vince said no, but the fans laughed, and Vince said that was what he was thinking. Vince ended up having a little bit of fun in the ring, as there were no chairs. Austin got up from his seat and ran up the ramp to the ring, where he jumped into the ring, and went out for a few seconds. The crowd was still laughing and chanting "Vince!"

Austin then came back out, and put a bunch of clothes on Vince. The fans started chanting "Austin sucks!" so he said he didn't. The crowd began to boo Vince. Austin went to the ring, and after he hit Vince with the boots, Vince went down, as Austin tried to hit Vince again. Vince fell down, and Austin started to push him in the ring. Vince came closer, and kicked Austin in the face a few times (he kicked Austin about twenty times, and even kicked the back of the head off one of his own fans). Austin went down again, and Vince rolled around on the top rope. Austin threw some of the money in Vince

Well at least it wasn't crushed up leaves...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Is this a Wesley Willis song?

Read it in his voice and tell me it doesn't have his cadence!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Book it, Cody

With the AEW world title stolen, Chris Jericho ordered a worldwide investigation to recover the belt and apprehend the thief. Law enforcement agencies all over the world combined their efforts to do so by searching for this man known as "J-Man" who is rumored to have the ability to project powerful energies into the air and in addition had a psychic link to those around him. But now, while on the run from the police, he was attacked by the AEW world champion Chris Jericho and his friend, the masked man known as "The American Nightmare".

As they continue searching for this man, they find themselves in another dimension where this man's psychic links, along with a newly created reality known as the Multiverse, are no longer necessary. It is here that they become the subjects of a bizarre race of alien beings known as the Kree, the native race of the Marvel Universe. They are now enslaved by a race of alien overlords known as the Dominators and after a series of trials they finally escape their prison and travel back across time and space.

They finally land in the present where the Kree have destroyed Earth

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Roman Reigns posted:

Book it, Cody

With the AEW world title stolen, Chris Jericho ordered a worldwide investigation to recover the belt and apprehend the thief. Law enforcement agencies all over the world combined their efforts to do so by searching for this man known as "J-Man" who is rumored to have the ability to project powerful energies into the air and in addition had a psychic link to those around him. But now, while on the run from the police, he was attacked by the AEW world champion Chris Jericho and his friend, the masked man known as "The American Nightmare".

As they continue searching for this man, they find themselves in another dimension where this man's psychic links, along with a newly created reality known as the Multiverse, are no longer necessary. It is here that they become the subjects of a bizarre race of alien beings known as the Kree, the native race of the Marvel Universe. They are now enslaved by a race of alien overlords known as the Dominators and after a series of trials they finally escape their prison and travel back across time and space.

This is supposed to be the neural network thread, not AEW's actual booking plans.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy gently caress I'm having trouble breathing after laughing so hard reading that last one :xd:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Roman Reigns posted:

Book it, Cody

The fact that my CAW fed in my younger days had a person known as the "J-man" is making this super weird and hilarious.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Mick Foley challenged Nick Gage to a Bunkhouse Barb Wire Baseball Bat Deathmatch, he was defeated with a DDT to Mick's right hand. After the match Mick walked out, in the corner stood the Foley Family. They chanted "Who the hell are you!?". "F–k you Mick Foley" they chanted back. Another brawl broke out. The crowd chanted "Kill Mick".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Poor Foley :smith:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Jerusalem posted:

Poor Foley :smith:

ngl I was taken aback when I first read it.

I tried using Triple H but it would inevitably end up being all about Triple H, including one bizarre tangent about The Rock not getting into the hall of fame because he wasn't in the hall of fame.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

I tried using Triple H but it would inevitably end up being all about Triple H

You cannot show Triple H in a prone or vulnerable position.

A WWE star will not be allowed to use certain weapons when he is on the ropes or an assist is requested.

A wrestler will not be allowed on the microphone if he is not in a taped match or was not in the match when he was called to the ring (ie. A wrestler needs to be in the ring to talk. If a wrestler is not on the microphone then that does not apply).

A wrestler is not allowed to throw any punches or kicks before he is told to do so.

A wrestler is not allowed to block a punch, kick or choke while wearing a mask.

A WWE wrestler is not allowed to hold the referee during any part of the match.

As mentioned before, Triple H is a free agent at the end of 2015. He is expected to sign with WWE or another promotion. Triple H could have his own show on USA Network. WWE owns the right to utilize Triple H's talent. WWE has the ability to change or expand the schedule and/or format until it's time to promote new

hosed up how they're handcuffing Rey Mysterio like that.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
The Big Boss Man wrestled Al Snow in the first ever Kennel From Hell match in a cage filled with dogs. It also features the first appearance of the famous Dog-Fisted Man (known as Gremlin or "Little Boy") on television. The match was also the first to use the "Big Boss Man is the King" promotion.

Contents show]

Events

When Big Bossman and Mr. Fuji met, Fuji warned that Big Bossman was an evil man - but Big Bossman wouldn't listen. Big Bossman then brought out a cage full of vicious dogs. During the match, the dogs attacked a dog named Denny (which made the fans all scared), and the dogs continued to attack the ring. When the dogs were all defeated, Big Bossman then made a comeback with his powers. He then made the dogs eat some of his brain to try and break them. The dogs were all in a daze and in pain. But soon, they began to get stronger and begin a rampage, leading to the dogs turning on the ring. This lead to the dogs attacking each other and turning on the ring. Eventually, the ring was saved by

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What the gently caress :stare:

Easily better than the actual Kennel from Hell match, though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus loving Christ what the hell was that? :lol:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ten minutes later I'm still dying laughing at Big Boss Man making a bunch of dogs eat his own brain to distract them. What the hell

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

extradite THIS! posted:

Ten minutes later I'm still dying laughing at Big Boss Man making a bunch of dogs eat his own brain to distract them. What the hell
Yeah, that's great. And as much as I appreciate the absolute weirdness, I'm equally intrigued by bits where you can see the AI's thought process. Like dogs+wrestling -> Rick Steiner, the Dog-Faced Gremlin -> "Dog-Fisted Man (known as Gremlin" here.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm surprised how quickly and graphic this script turned my Hulk Hogan prompt into a porno. That was the first attempt.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

super macho dude posted:

I'm surprised how quickly and graphic this script turned my Hulk Hogan prompt into a porno. That was the first attempt.

I'm not proud of myself but I read all of it

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
The Mae Young Classic 3 has been announced, and the following women wrestlers will participate. There are eight events, so there will be four open matches and two championship matches. One of the matches will be the Mae Young Classic 3: Diva's Only Elimination Match, which will see Asuka, Summer Rae, Tamina, and Ronda Rousey in the ring.

All seven competitors have their respective weight classes. The main event will pit Team 3D vs. Team 5D, and the semifinals will see Team 5D v. Team 3D.

Injuries were always on the cards for the final three. The Mae Young Classic 3: Women's Championship will see the women compete after Summer Rae suffered a torn labrum in her ankle. It also means that Team Ronda Rousey and Team Brie Bella will not be involved. The women had been the top two seeds in the tournament.

It is also surprising that Summer Rae and Tamina were not invited along with Summer Rae and Carmella in the match. This is one of the most anticipated matches in the tournament.

Also joining them in the Mae Young Classic 3

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baron Corbin, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan should form a Biker Gang called "The Lone Wolves" and hospitalize the GM Daniel Bryan. This is not a fun scene to watch. It will be a very dark one which you don't want to watch.
You have to think the next time the cameras go back to Ring of Honor they'll do something really nice for John Cena.
A lot of people don't like the fact it sounds like Bryan is on drugs or that he's an alcoholic, but he is. One would think that in WWE they would let the guys stay on the company who are on drugs and/or alcohol. However, it sounds like the show will be moving toward more substance abuse in the WWE. The WWE is known for their drug testing and it seems like the last time they had drug tests they were a little more lenient on some of their performers. When WWE tried to test their wrestlers before the Royal Rumble this past year they had to pay an injunction after one wrestler tested positive. I am glad WWE has changed.

A lot of really really great prompts these past few days, fantastic job everybody!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Mauro Ranallo is one of the worst commentators in wrestling with his yelling and pop culture references. This is not to say it's something I expect from a professional wrestling analyst. I've enjoyed him many times before watching WCW and TNA and he has his fair share of nice comments along the lines of "look at this great performance" and "look at that great spot" and so on. It's just not for me. I just cannot stand a person like Mr. Ranallo and in my opinion he is as bad as anybody. At least that's what I thought. While I'm not against anyone being a bad commentator, I thought Mr. Ranallo as an analyst made it a little bit worse. He's the type of guy that when he gets a little to close to the match he will make a pop culture reference and that is about it. He's not really being funny, he's just saying something or talking over something, but nothing that will make your eyes well up, and he will never try to be funny or clever or insightful. Even if he had a point...I don't really see it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This is wonderful :allears:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Okay everyone I want there to be no more confusion here. It's all really quite simple.

Angry_Ed posted:

TNA's Hard Ten Tournament and the two will compete in a tournament to determine who takes home the gold. With the final round of the tournament being on July 12, fans can tune-in on July 7, 2012 and catch the action live. TNA has a three-year deal with USA Network and a four-year deal with Discovery Communications.

The Hard Ten Tournament will begin with the TNA Tag Team Championship Final Battle. The eight competitors will be determined by TNA's "Hard Ten" tournament format, with competitors competing with the tag teams from the four main TNA TV rosters. The tournament will culminate with the four championship matches, the four-way championship match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, the three-way championship match for the Tag Team Championships and the one-on-one championship match for the Tag Team Championships. In the top eight, the titles will be placed on a rotating rotation of eight wrestlers and the championship match would be played as an eight-man single elimination match. The match would be decided by the votes of the fans who vote daily at the ersatz of a traditional TV show, with no commercial breaks, the contestants will compete in an elimination-style tournament, with the "winner" of each of the five championship matches advancing to the final round of the tournament.

Edit- you might have to open this one in a new window and zoom waaaaaaaaay in to read it properly.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Absolutely loving incredible

I can't stop laughing please help

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Kurt Angle announced he was retiring, and was challenged to one final match at WrestleMania by the Undertaker. He beat Taker, only after one of the most bizarre finishes to a match ever, and made a comment about how it was more of a "death match" instead of what it really was. Later, he would also be called out for the same, and claimed he would not return. Vince McMahon then got back in the ring and beat The Undertaker in the same match.

Dean Ambrose came out wearing a gas mask and said the fans smell like alcohol.

WWE.COM: Ambrose on the gas mask

Ambrose said the WWE Universe smells of alcohol because they're a "happy people" and they're not "drowning" in a bottle of booze. Ambrose said he won't allow someone to drink because they're a "happy person."

"They're supposed to be happy," Ambrose announced. "It's a happy place. They're supposed to be happy. They're supposed to be proud. They're supposed to be grateful. They're supposed to be happy. It's not a place for drinking because they're a happy people. I will not allow that. They smell like drinking."

WWE.COM: Ambrose on drinking in the ring

The announcement caused loud cheers from the NXT audience.

Ambrose then announced that he would be wearing an oxygen mask this Friday when NXT takes over the WWE Universe.

WWE.COM: Ambrose's new mask

Ambrose then announced his wife, Paige, will be working the Monday night show to

Hopkins FBI fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 22, 2019

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

reignofevil posted:

Okay everyone I want there to be no more confusion here. It's all really quite simple.

Edit- you might have to open this one in a new window and zoom waaaaaaaaay in to read it properly.

Holy poo poo this is incredible. Now if only we could get Mike Tenay to describe all this like he had to for the Reverse Battle Royal or the Fight for the Right Tournament

anyway, got some more stuff

I started feeding TTF some Meltzer quotes from old Observers...

Jericho jumped Juvi after the match and pulled his mask off, revealing, a second mask. At first Jericho just tossed his mask on the ground, but soon started to grab it. "Shoutout to the other masks! I just want to say this, you guys really have a lot of mask-swapping going on in the ring. Who's on the mask who?!" Juvi pulled Jericho off to make a run at an elbow drop, which Jericho countered for the submission.

The work was good but the crowd didn't care, which may turn out to be the subtext for most of wrestling in 1999. We're also getting into the dark side of fan behavior. While we were here, I overheard a fan at the stadium who was shouting from across a packed crowd "Ric Flair!" as he threw his fist through a hoop. I don't know if this guy is a fan or if he is just being a jerk since he's shouting at the top of his voice. I'm guessing he's not a WWE person though. At the same time, though, it is hard to shake the feeling that a lot of fans still don't get that wrestling is supposed to be fun. We all know that pro wrestling is not a profession, but I just don't see fans being this kind to their favorite wrestlers in my eyes.
To the man-child with the giant mullet in the upper deck of the arena, I ask if it was okay to throw all those plastic baby dolls into the stands, if you can get away with that…Oh, I don't get that at all! Do you know that they're still there, they're all over the place? The whole place? Just like we all thought. As for the kid-child with the big hair and the crazy beard, I don't think that we give a crap about the rest of the crowd. We all just want them to lose the drat match.

and then did one a bit more basic.

At the Heroes of Wrestling PPV, Jake Roberts, Randy "SlamJammer" Burch, and Jim Cornette met Sting in a steel cage after losing the title to Jeff Jarrett in 2011.

As Sting came through the turnbuckle to announce that he had just won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship (an unprecedented feat in the history of ECW), his opponent fell to his knees and thanked the WWE Universe for their support, before Sting, in the form of the ECW Superstar known as the Undertaker, returned to announce the winner. As Sting departed, the crowd of about 60,000 — the largest ever for a ECW match — stood up and gave everyone in the arena a standing ovation for what had just happened.

The crowd roared as The Undertaker walked off the top of the cage, then began to follow suit a short time later.

The event continued to grow after that, and after two more nights, the sold-out, record-breaking show — that, along with last summer's Royal Rumble, had set the tone for WWE for the coming year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I was so pumped about the Liger stuff that I had to peer into the crystal ball to see how his retirement match will go down.

quote:

At Wrestle Kingdom 14 Jyushin "Thunder" Liger will have his retirement match. The world will come together to take him down. And then when Liger is finally defeated, he will be a legend. So let's call this one "Super Liger."

:patriot: Godspeed, Super Liger

Also I couldn't not post this

quote:

At Wrestle Kingdom 14 Jyushin "Thunder" Liger will have his retirement match. In the first bout of the main event, the WWE Universe will see "The Dragon" Liger vs. Chris Jericho during an 8.5 minute match on Monday Night Raw where Jericho will attempt to break Liger's back using the steel chairs and "Dragon" Liger will fight to defend his retirement.

After the match he will be replaced by Samoa Joe, an eight foot eight man with an indestructible arm. He will face the debuting AJ Styles

SAMOA JOE, AN EIGHT-FOOT MAN WITH AN INDESTRUCTIBLE ARM. Why is that so funny?

quote:

What is the most devastating pro wrestling move of all time?

The most devastating pro wrestling move of all time is actually my personal favorite, when I found myself trying to use a "slam move" in WCW (it really helped me not get suspended, because people would look at me, and think "What the gently caress is wrong with you??!").

As the champion, after the title was challenged to a match, my plan was to knock him out using the move. Once I had his back, I'd try to make it rain down on him and make the "punching bag" look as ridiculous as possible. But then I'd throw a rock at his head and break his neck. He would almost be able to live out the dream, but then his soul would be separated from his body and he'd die. So then what would I do? I'd go all out! I'd go crazy!

How did you go from selling your body to the World Wrestling Federation?

To become the top guy in the World Wrestling Federation, you had to give up everything else.

The "Slam Move" where you throw a rock at your opponent's head so hard their neck breaks and their soul separates from their body :stare: