Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

PVP builds are a lot different than PVE builds. As you've noticed, speed is pretty important -- almost all characters in PVP use speed set, speed boots or both, unless they actually want to be slow like certain counter builds. That's why 80% of the game is wyvern farming.

Generally, characters that are good for PVP do more than one job. F.Kluri is good because she tanks, strips buffs and has defense break. Angelica is good because she buffs, cleanses and heals (Although there are many better PVP healers).

Or, if they do one job, they at least do it extremely well.

Or if they're a hard counter for something.

One-dimensional damage dealers don't really have a place, especially ones squishy enough to die before they get a shot off.

It's also fine to pick and choose your matches. Some heroes are simply huge bastards if you don't have an appropriate counter. The win streak bonus isn't worth risking a loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

This is the first 'story rpg' mobile game I haven't bounced off hard. I wouldn't mind joining a goon guild. How do I go about that?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Join the discord

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Just started learning the gear optimizer, trying to get a W13 team going.

Any way to get it to also import 4* heroes? I have a couple of 4* with decent gear, such as Mercedes and SC'd Lorina/carrot/etc.

What is the "correct" way of optimizing a team of heroes?
It seems i cannot optimize several heroes at once, how do i prevent the optimizer from just reusing the gear i optimized onto the first hero when optimizing the second hero? I LOCKED the gear on e.g. Hero 1, which i guess is part of the process, but when returning to Hero 1 later he is still just using the same gear. Locking gear just results in the gear being unavailable for the optimizer (?)
So i EQUIPPED the gear in addition to locking it, so now the heroes that are optimized have that gear when i return to them next. Now however, i don't know who originally wore the gear so i cannot get the gear onto them ingame. Or, i can but i will have to search for each individual item.
This whole process seems a bit cumbersome and i am just wondering if i am missing something. I guess some concessions have to be made since its done through data sniffing and not an actual API so i guess this is how it has to be but i figured i ask in case i am doing something wrong or unnecessarily difficult.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Trying out this gacha since I have a phone that can run it now, but the discord link in the OP (and the one on the last page) is invalid.

1) Can I get a discord invite?
2) Who should I target for rerolls? I normally don't reroll but with thirty chances per reset, I'm down to do it for a few hours.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I’d say Sigret. She is available from a banner right now but that expires in 10h and i don‘t think you’d be able to grind enough newbie rewards to pity pull her from the banner in 10h.

For your moonlight selector, once you have found a hero to keep, i’d pick Arbiter Vildred.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

Trying out this gacha since I have a phone that can run it now, but the discord link in the OP (and the one on the last page) is invalid.

1) Can I get a discord invite?
2) Who should I target for rerolls? I normally don't reroll but with thirty chances per reset, I'm down to do it for a few hours.

https://discord.gg/jjtmy4ps

Sigret is probably the best bang for your buck from the 30reroll gatcha at this point.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Thanks! New link didn't work either, but it worked when I copy pasted it directly into discord. So the old invites are probably still fine, just my browser being weird.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Posting a week and a half later to say I am very happy with this gacha. Fun to play, don't feel pressured to spend by mechanics (at least as a veteran of gachas) and the art direction is my kind of thing.

Trying to find the art book secondhand is a pain in the rear end, though.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I just want to say that I've been playing this game and it is, imo, good.

- Very accommodating to F2P players
- Good combat and team building mechanics
- Many waifus and even husbandos

A good gacha.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Meme Poker Party posted:

I just want to say that I've been playing this game and it is, imo, good.

- Very accommodating to F2P players
- Good combat and team building mechanics
- Many waifus and even husbandos

A good gacha.

Saw this recommendation, gave it a try for half an hour or so. Seems pretty decent so far, I've tried a decent number of gacha and this didn't have any early quit moments. The early reroll thing where you need to pick which of 30 sets you want to keep was kinda fun. Last Cloudia is my current main gacha, and so far it still seems stronger, but I am legit interested to play this one further. Will post again if I progress substantially in the story.

EDIT: in chapter 2 now, and the writing of this student council nonsense plot is pretty dire...

avoraciopoctules fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 11, 2022

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I finished chapter 2. I was honestly very disappointed that the city got timewarped out of being blown up. Especially when the evil.... wizard spirit lady?? was one of the heroes I summoned. And we didn't even get to examine all the implications that might come from a whole city of people suddenly getting magi-nuked to death, then shoved back into their pre-armageddon bodies with a fresh load of traumatic memories.

That place was awful, and though I do see the writers making some effort to explore the societal ramifications of hanging a bunch of unnecessary stuff off of the Chosen Ones, many characters just feel like they are acting really weirdly. The obvious contrivance makes it hard to stay immersed.

Let's look at the positives. Fantastic production values, surprisingly minimal load times, the labyrinth dungeoneering is fairly fun, and I really like the way they give you a solid test unit and then walk you through how to level up and evolve them using rewards instead of just a straight up tutorial. Will keep playing, I skimmed through some guides and see that it might be a good idea to dump the 1500 stamina I've piled up into the wyvern hunt grinding quests.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

glad you're enjoying it, but yea the writing in this game is very hit or miss. there's some surprisingly good parts and a lot of 'ugh go away' stuff i dont care about, but thats what skip buttons are for. Not exactly sure what story bit you're referring to, sounds like Tenebria tho. She's interesting sometimes but mostly just comically evil for no discernable reason so kinda hard to take seriously

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I find the story serviceable but not remarkable. What it does do well is have some good funny moments (mostly about Arky) and some good character moments that give you a reason to care about your various gacha pulls. I think overall the story stuff is a positive for the game although I also didn't think Student Council Land was very great.

avoraciopoctules posted:

Will keep playing, I skimmed through some guides and see that it might be a good idea to dump the 1500 stamina I've piled up into the wyvern hunt grinding quests.

"Hunt Grind" is definitely a thing but I don't see any reason to do it at such an early stage. It's basically a huge sink for energy/gold/time to acquire specific pieces or sets you need for your builds. But in the beginning you are finding gear and leveling so fast that it doesn't make sense to craft gear you'll out level so quickly. Do it a few times for fun or for milestones but I wouldn't bother grinding it until at least after Episode 1. Random drops from labyrinths/adventurer's path/whatever should get you through that.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Thanks for the tips!

Chapter 3 with the desert where you track down the slavers, was decent. Main char is both whiny and a pushover when someone says But Thou Must, but he's making forward progress on his goals and helping people out at least. Would have been pretty nice if we stabbed the slaver guy when he started gloating about how untouchable he was, but it is clear that our heroes consider Due Process and Fulfilling Your Social Role to be extremely important at this point in the story.

I accidentally skipped a couple of videos by tapping to advance, but I'm assuming there's going to be a theater mode or something I can use to review later.

Chapter 4 is pretty fun, midway through it! Not a huge fan of fantasy racism plots, but main char being less of a jerk about this does make them more sympathetic. Mercedes seems to be legit pretty likeable, and I find myself invested in seeing what happens with her. I also thought the overgrown swamp stage was absolutely beautiful.

Finally, and most importantly of the whole game so far... The little mouse soldiers are adorable. Worth the time I spent playing all on their own. I hope that playing a monster party is viable for some content, but it looks like you might be expected to fodder most of them for promoting your main units.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The story gets better after episode 1 (the archdemon arc) but I don't think it's ever really been the draw for this game.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the low star fodder units all have garbage stats so their usefulness is limited but i think the mice have a special skill that at least gives them a potential to deal useful damage, some people have used it to gimmick kill stuff before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6YdoST7Mh8&t=360s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFzJ61jGVuE

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The original story isn't that great but a lot of the side stories are fun. I don't really play the game anymore but I can say that being f2p is completely viable, I never spent a cent on the game and was able to get really high ranked in the different pvp modes. I was also able to get most of the heroes in the game, although I played since the game out until a few months ago. The game is generous with giving you summons and if you are smart about saving resources you can guarantee summon a hero you really want due to the pity system.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
:siren: Re:Zero Collaboration Returning :siren:

Details: https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8519325

Starting tomorrow, the Re:Zero collaboration is BACK, BABY! I only started playing Epic Seven a few months ago so I missed whenever the first one was. To be honest I was kind of miffed when I found out that there was no way whatsoever to get collab heroes outside of their (seemingly exclusive) events. But I guess sometimes they bring them back. This is YOUR CHANCE AND MINE to get two of your favorite waifus and also Ram.

Event will be three weeks long, starting off with a generous 7-Day login bonus.. From what I understand, everyone can get Ram for free by playing through the side story. or maybe just through login bonus. Rem and Emilia will both have two week long, partially overlapping boosted drop events. At this time there is NO EXPLANATION for the glaring omission of Felix Argyle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So if I haven't touched this game before and only wanted to jump in for Emilia, what's the likelihood I could pull her without spending money?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Some Numbers posted:

So if I haven't touched this game before and only wanted to jump in for Emilia, what's the likelihood I could pull her without spending money?

I'd say pretty high as long as you have some time to play this week. I think there are nine days left to summon, and you only need the basic summoning tokens, which can also be bought with skystone (not a premium currency) . New players get a good amount of stuff for free, including bookmarks and skystone. And there is a guaranteed summon mechanic, where if you have pulled 120 times and haven't gotten her, then the next pull with be her automatically (120 times is less than it sounds).

If you do try, then the magic number is 600 covenant bookmarks for an automatic summon. You can repeat purchase 50 bookmarks for 950 skystone in the store. And new players get a good amount of both for free. Also, there is a perfectly good chance you'll summon before the auto summon anyway. I got her on my 2nd 10x pull, which is 100 bookmarks, which is basically a pittance you'll have in no time.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 6, 2022

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Rem's probably very unlikely, right?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Rem's probably very unlikely, right?

A new account can grind out pity to get any banner character via clearing the story. With luck you can get both. Rem is the better of the two, but both are good units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Rem and Emilia have the summon probability/requirements. The main thing is that Rem's window closes tomorrow, Emilia still has another week. But yeah new players can get a bunch of bookmarks/skystone fast by piling up first-time bonuses for clearing Adventure chapters and doing achievements. Even by just tomorrow I'd think you could probably muster a minimum 30 pulls? Hard to say because I can't remember if you start a new account with zero bookmarks/skytone and the exact bonuses. Also if you are willing to play a bunch of hours today/tomorrow then that number will go up substantially. Each pull is a 1% chance to get Rem or Emilia (you target one or the other at a time). 120 pulls is an auto-success.

In general this game is very generous with the summon events, imo. They want you to come out of it with all the characters. I was able to get Rem and Emilia fairly easily even though I went into the event basically tapped out of resources from the last one, just by playing. Your only disadvantage now is coming into the event when it's about 2/3 over.

Also if it helps, everyone who logs in at all gets Ram lol. She's not as coveted as the other two but imo she actually is a pretty baller PvE characters. Great boss killer.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 7, 2022