Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kalas posted:

Did you just have a level 5 Ras on defense? That's usually what triggers a pile-on like that.

Nope, but not a PvP-centered team just the folks I've got. Lv50 Bellona/Iseria, 60 Angelica/Ravi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Nope, but not a PvP-centered team just the folks I've got. Lv50 Bellona/Iseria, 60 Angelica/Ravi.

That'll do it. Anyone with a serious pvp team will smoke that one.

There's a transition phase between starting out and having enough spare 6* to put up a solid PVP defense. You can't focus on that right away without hurting your regular progression, such as it is in this game. (Clearing abyss, nailing tower every month, farming the 11 levels in huts)

I'd just work on churning out more 6*s and not stress on PVP till you're ready for it. Also, you may luck into one of the PVP monster ML 5*s that will be too scary to poke casually.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kalas posted:

I'd just work on churning out more 6*s and not stress on PVP till you're ready for it. Also, you may luck into one of the PVP monster ML 5*s that will be too scary to poke casually.

Yeah, that was my plan, just figuring out if I'd have to fight to stay there for the weekly gems. Just finished Cidonia the end of the current story content today and working on training up a Wyvern 11 team. Got my mans, grinding the fodder to star em up.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Who should my first 6 star be? Choices include Ravi, Violet, A.Mont, and M.A.Ken (and various 3/4 star folks)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Funktor posted:

Who should my first 6 star be? Choices include Ravi, Violet, A.Mont, and M.A.Ken (and various 3/4 star folks)

Having ML Ken is going to make some vets bitter. I'd suggest 6*ing him, given your options. I used him as my farmer when my account is new. He's not ideal, but he's good through so much of the content. Just keep putting your abyss lifesteal gear on him and he'll be set for a while.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ravi would probably help you out more where you are now but ML Ken will be more useful later on. I think I would do Ravi first and Ken second, but Ken first is also a good choice.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

How would Ravi help more?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I'm just regurgitating what I've read because I recently used my first 6* on Ravi, but she's a good farmer and I believe you want your first 6 to be a power farmer, correct?

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Applied to LLJK as Docque

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Nazzadan posted:

I'm just regurgitating what I've read because I recently used my first 6* on Ravi, but she's a good farmer and I believe you want your first 6 to be a power farmer, correct?

It's not bad advice, but ML Ken is actually a great farmer in his own right.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
I mean if we want a good farmer I've also got Lena. I kind of assumed I should go with a 5* base first?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
First pull of 2020. Mystic Summon and get Fallen Cecilia. Good year!

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010

Funktor posted:

I mean if we want a good farmer I've also got Lena. I kind of assumed I should go with a 5* base first?

Definitely go Lena. The primary reason for making a farmer your first 6* is to make subsequent 6*’s quicker. Lena will provide more value (in terms of speed) than your other options.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

yikes! posted:

It's not bad advice, but ML Ken is actually a great farmer in his own right.

Ravi is a better farmer though. On a related note Sigurd Scythe is going up on the shop tomorrow so definitely pick that up for your ML Ken.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I went with Ravi for my 6* because I hadn't yet picked a tank to invest in and was still using Ras. Ravi's got enough tankiness and self-heal that she and Angelica have gotten me through some scrapes even when the rest of my team was wiped, while still returning enough damage to actually kill stuff when that happens. For all I know though, anyone else in the same gear would do okay.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

Ravi is a better farmer though. On a related note Sigurd Scythe is going up on the shop tomorrow so definitely pick that up for your ML Ken.

I don't have either unit so can only go on my experience using other peoples' support units and seeing them in pvp. Can you elaborate on why ravi is a better farmer (and by how much) when they seem to both have lots of sustain (with scythe or lifesteal on mlken)? MLKen also has higher damage and auto counters for speeding runs up/keeping himself healed.

My point is that if it's somewhat close then 6*ing Ravi just for farming might not be the best choice since she's really only useful for that (and nowhere as good as Lena even). And 6*s don't exactly grow on trees.

Bruceski posted:

I went with Ravi for my 6* because I hadn't yet picked a tank to invest in and was still using Ras. Ravi's got enough tankiness and self-heal that she and Angelica have gotten me through some scrapes even when the rest of my team was wiped, while still returning enough damage to actually kill stuff when that happens. For all I know though, anyone else in the same gear would do okay.

Angie is the OG tank

feller fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 1, 2020

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Is there a map or guide anywhere that'll tell me where the warp points and unlock points are for the 3rd Nixied's Sanctum labyrinth? I feel like I'm gonna waste (even more) labyrinth entry tickets just trying to learn the layout and getting these doors unlocked.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

Is there a map or guide anywhere that'll tell me where the warp points and unlock points are for the 3rd Nixied's Sanctum labyrinth? I feel like I'm gonna waste (even more) labyrinth entry tickets just trying to learn the layout and getting these doors unlocked.

https://imgur.com/a/aB2wg8f

The two leftmost yellow circles are the chests for that task (not the one with a special miniboss). This map is already opened but the unlock points are pretty obvious -- any dead end leading to a locked passage.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Thanks! Though aren’t all those dead ends warp points and so not really dead ends? I already did my labyrinth for the day but I’m sure I’ve been down them all and must’ve missed something somewhere.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got Diene and Kise recently so I'm guessing Wyvern will no longer be a problem.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

Thanks! Though aren’t all those dead ends warp points and so not really dead ends? I already did my labyrinth for the day but I’m sure I’ve been down them all and must’ve missed something somewhere.

A dead end to a curve (an actual end of that route) is a warp. A dead end to a locked wall is the switch to unlock it (and usually a locked wall elsewhere, leading further).

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Bruceski posted:

A dead end to a curve (an actual end of that route) is a warp. A dead end to a locked wall is the switch to unlock it (and usually a locked wall elsewhere, leading further).
:doh: I'm an idiot - thanks!

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

To anyone wondering. They fixed most of the bad poo poo they did at the end of 2019 and the game sucks less now.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the update to pet AI and removal of pet stamina definitely made life much easier

its still funny that the entire community had to scream bloody murder for months before the system was made to work like it should've worked from the start

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Not really doing this game justice without showing off the art and animations for S3 attacks. The OP is hella bland for a game where the massive draw is Art design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWoG13Q7dKU

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 13, 2020

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Just download LD player to emulate a phone and play it on your PC like the rest of us. Game is free to play and I myself might have paid about 30-40 dollars so far in my five months of playing. You can actually play the game well free to play given how much free poo poo they throw at you from monthly events, dailies and other poo poo like tower or abyss clears.

https://www.ldplayer.net/

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 13, 2020

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

https://streamable.com/rzst3

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I've been half playing this for a while and want to start getting serious about more end game stuff. My one 6 star is Luna. I have a bunch of misc 5 stars. I haven't really invested Molas into anyone. My gear is pretty lackluster. Here are my five stars. Alexa, C.Lorina, Angelica, F.Kluri, Silk, Destina, Taranor Guard, Sez, Furious, Diene, Violet, Kiris, Tenebria, Vivian. These are my 4 stars Ras, Carrot, Mercedes, Maya, Crozet, Rose, Montomorancy, Schuri, Serila, Achates, Lena, Dominiel, Corvus, Dingo, Rin, Lots, Armin, Coli, Leo, Romann, Purrgis, A. Cartuja. Who would be the best to focus on for making a W11 team out of those options? I realize I have a lot of the easy to get heroes but I feel like I also have some better ones that would be worthwhile to invest in over the easier to get ones.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Your W11 starter team is: Montmorancy (do her spec change), Luna, Furious, whoever.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
Get Monty's spec change to Angelic, stick her in the front, Furious at the top, Taranor Guard at the back, and Luna at the bottom. Slam good gear on them and a Magaraha's on Monty, a Song of Stars on Furious, a Daydream Joker on TG, and w/e you want on Luna - her main job will be helping maintain defense break.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

pls do not build TG in 2020; if you must invest in another 3* alexa can hold ddj and she has occasional hall of trials uses while TG is just dead post-wyvern

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Irony.or.Death posted:

pls do not build TG in 2020; if you must invest in another 3* alexa can hold ddj and she has occasional hall of trials uses while TG is just dead post-wyvern

This isn't really true. Look at this video, very recently posted on Reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifqlx4fybqw

Taranor is cheap and fast and will probably be just as good against upcoming Wyvern 12 and 13 with a little investment (no mola gora needed as he is 3*.) Gear can probably be throw away, half-decent pieces too since his kit is extremely narrow, in fact you should turn skills off for auto Wyvern.

Not to mention, compared to the new Furious, Taranor Guard has no attack animation anyway so his runs are just faster.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I've been half playing this for a while and want to start getting serious about more end game stuff. My one 6 star is Luna. I have a bunch of misc 5 stars. I haven't really invested Molas into anyone. My gear is pretty lackluster. Here are my five stars. Alexa, C.Lorina, Angelica, F.Kluri, Silk, Destina, Taranor Guard, Sez, Furious, Diene, Violet, Kiris, Tenebria, Vivian. These are my 4 stars Ras, Carrot, Mercedes, Maya, Crozet, Rose, Montomorancy, Schuri, Serila, Achates, Lena, Dominiel, Corvus, Dingo, Rin, Lots, Armin, Coli, Leo, Romann, Purrgis, A. Cartuja. Who would be the best to focus on for making a W11 team out of those options? I realize I have a lot of the easy to get heroes but I feel like I also have some better ones that would be worthwhile to invest in over the easier to get ones.

Lena smokes Wyvern and overall an insane farmer as far as I've seen.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

100% activation chance 2-turn defense break beats 75% chance 1-turn defense break every day of the week.

It's 9 molas, big whoop.

E: This also discounts how much his 50% crit boost reduces the gearing requirements for clean W11 runs. A fully S2 mola'd Luna literally needs zero crit gear to hit 100% with it, Alexa only needs 35%, etc. etc.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 24, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Kyrosiris posted:

100% activation chance 2-turn defense break beats 75% chance 1-turn defense break every day of the week.

It's 9 molas, big whoop.

E: This also discounts how much his 50% crit boost reduces the gearing requirements for clean W11 runs. A fully S2 mola'd Luna literally needs zero crit gear to hit 100% with it, Alexa only needs 35%, etc. etc.

Where did I say he was better? I said he was cheaper and still effective, which is still true, considering Mola Gora is fairly scarce unless you're buying it with real money. The original poster asking had a lot of F2P units like Alexa, Silk, Ras in his list, so they might find investment cost to be important.

Also, I was mostly replying to the guy who said Taranor is a bad investment outside of Wyvern, which is straight up wrong.

edit: Not sure about this, but I think 100% chance only applies to PVP, since PVE is hard capped at 85%.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 24, 2020

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Where did I say he was better? I said he was cheaper and still effective, which is still true, considering Mola Gora is fairly scarce unless you're buying it with real money. The original poster asking had a lot of F2P units like Alexa, Silk, Ras in his list, so they might find investment cost to be important.

Also, I was mostly replying to the guy who said Taranor is a bad investment outside of Wyvern, which is straight up wrong.

edit: Not sure about this, but I think 100% chance only applies to PVP, since PVE is hard capped at 85%.

Debuff chance and effect resistance are separate things. The game rolls for the debuff chance first (100% for molaed furious, 75% chance for tg). Then if that's successful, it rolls for effect resist which is just Max((defender effres - attacker eff), .15).

Wyvern (and I think all other PVE bosses?) has 70% effres so 55% eff is the max you need. There will always be at least a 15% chance to have your debuff resisted everywhere.

You can probably make TG work, but a video where he's using a pretty darn good rage set isn't much evidence that he's the right dude for the job. Basically anyone using that gear would do extremely well.

e: I also disagree quite a bit that Luna's main job in a wyv11 team is def break. She does gobs and gobs of damage.

feller fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 24, 2020

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

what kinda fuckin idiot would say luna's primary job is def break, she can do it like once every 5 turns

based on my own experience wyvern is far too fast to rely on a 1 turn break, if I failed a run every time my def breaker went then wyvern immediately went afterwards i'd never kill the thing

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

yikes! posted:

Debuff chance and effect resistance are separate things. The game rolls for the debuff chance first (100% for molaed furious, 75% chance for tg). Then if that's successful, it rolls for effect resist which is just Max((defender effres - attacker eff), .15).

Wyvern (and I think all other PVE bosses?) has 70% effres so 55% eff is the max you need. There will always be at least a 15% chance to have your debuff resisted everywhere.

You can probably make TG work, but a video where he's using a pretty darn good rage set isn't much evidence that he's the right dude for the job. Basically anyone using that gear would do extremely well.

e: I also disagree quite a bit that Luna's main job in a wyv11 team is def break. She does gobs and gobs of damage.

Not quite sure what you mean by "you can probably make Taranor Guard work," he's been used in W11 by many for a very long time. Also I'm not sure where you read anything about Luna in my post that you quoted.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Not quite sure what you mean by "you can probably make Taranor Guard work," he's been used in W11 by many for a very long time. Also I'm not sure where you read anything about Luna in my post that you quoted.

I was responding to the person who said it. I didn't quote because that poo poo is annoying on the phone. It was only like 3 posts back so I figured you'd get it.

I was running with your assertion that TG is good in abyss based on a video with high gear, and also that he'll be good in wyv12 and 13. If that's already been shown please link.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

yikes! posted:

I was responding to the person who said it. I didn't quote because that poo poo is annoying on the phone. It was only like 3 posts back so I figured you'd get it.

I was running with your assertion that TG is good in abyss based on a video with high gear, and also that he'll be good in wyv12 and 13. If that's already been shown please link.

No, I dont have any video of that, however from what has been release of W12 at the very least, it's the same mechanic as W10. Though speculative, I would say there is a good chance he wont magically become useless. The Abyss video is just to show that he is still used and viable as high as floor 100 ITYOOL 2020, of course you'd need good gear on anybody you bring to the higher floors, this goes without saying.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

No, I dont have any video of that, however from what has been release of W12 at the very least, it's the same mechanic as W10. Though speculative, I would say there is a good chance he wont magically become useless. The Abyss video is just to show that he is still used and viable as high as floor 100 ITYOOL 2020, of course you'd need good gear on anybody you bring to the higher floors, this goes without saying.

It's been a while, but I don't think TG was used much in wyv10. You need very reliable debuffers for that mechanic.

Yes, there's a certain gear threshold for high abyss. The point of identifying the high gear level on that TG is that many units can get away with worse gear than TG needs thanks to their design. I thought that went without saying.