Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
For a good preview, a way to test would be to do some runs of W11 with Taranor in the front row tanking, then with Furious or whoever else in the front row, with bad gear. W12 is very likely to at the very least hit as hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

The original poster asking had a lot of F2P units like Alexa, Silk, Ras in his list, so they might find investment cost to be important.

Here, for your reference, is what they actually posted on this topic:

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I realize I have a lot of the easy to get heroes but I feel like I also have some better ones that would be worthwhile to invest in over the easier to get ones.

re: your abyss video I am not particularly impressed, plenty of people put out numbers bigger than that while bringing stronger utility. Stigma is easy come easy go, but maxing a 3*'s skills still takes a bunch of catalysts.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

Indecisive posted:

what kinda fuckin idiot would say luna's primary job is def break, she can do it like once every 5 turns

based on my own experience wyvern is far too fast to rely on a 1 turn break, if I failed a run every time my def breaker went then wyvern immediately went afterwards i'd never kill the thing
Me, the idiot who uses her to defense break on my w11 runs with a 100% success rate.

Edit: tbf saying her job was to defense break was reductive of me - it was more that she doesn't really rely on having any specific artifact for w11, she's a big damage lady either way, and her initial break is super useful in getting momentum in the fight.

Ezelek fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 25, 2020

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

She's a damage dealer and thus uses DDJ on W11, same as every other damage dealer on W11. :v:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Ezelek posted:

Me, the idiot who uses her to defense break on my w11 runs with a 100% success rate.

Edit: tbf saying her job was to defense break was reductive of me - it was more that she doesn't really rely on having any specific artifact for w11, she's a big damage lady either way, and her initial break is super useful in getting momentum in the fight.

I mean. I run G.Purrgis (skills off), Tamarinne, Luna. Does that make Luna my primary def breaker? No, not really. My gear is so good it doesn't matter whether I have def break or not. So, yeah, these rules get relaxed the further you go into the game.

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!
Some of us are still playing and I have updated the thread OP to reflect some efforts to make a real good attempt at pvp/guild wars. If you’re still playing and want to check this out, come on discord! Also, if you stopped for awhile it has quite a few goodies in wait for you as part of a rebrand and relaunch of the main parts of the game.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Did they reduce the grind any?

I played this game a little bit back bit the grind for getting good equipment for your heroes was just...suffering. Plus all the leveling up of fodder characters so that you can ascend your guys...it got old pretty quickly imo.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Arzaac posted:

Did they reduce the grind any?

I played this game a little bit back bit the grind for getting good equipment for your heroes was just...suffering. Plus all the leveling up of fodder characters so that you can ascend your guys...it got old pretty quickly imo.

There's a functional auto-repeat now, grind is more or less the same but you can leave it doing it's thing now.
Gear has always been this game's worst balanced feature.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm stuck at the first boss of Chapter 10 of Episode 2. Any tips?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Without gear that is difficult to max there would be nothing to do in game...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I still enjoy it but I'm getting really fed up with how hard it is to get mystic medals. There's way too many cool characters gated by those things :smith:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Do you guys use your Effect Resistance gladiator weapons with or without the other pieces? :shepface:

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Catsworth posted:

Do you guys use your Effect Resistance gladiator weapons with or without the other pieces? :shepface:

With the GG collab and a new wave of Dizzys about to land, 200% effres is looking really tempting nowadays.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I can't think of anything this game needs less than more Dizzys, ugh.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

gently caress I just spent my saved bookmarks trying to get Luluca to reunite her with ym Violet.

...I really wanted Baiken. :negative:

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

gently caress I just spent my saved bookmarks trying to get Luluca to reunite her with ym Violet.

...I really wanted Baiken. :negative:

You can absolutely scrape up the pulls for a unit over 3 weeks if you focus and spend the skystones on shop refreshes scumming for bookmarks. Both Baiken and Dizzy are awesome. One in a very fun 'brrr baiken gets 7 turns in a row' way and the other in 'you can see the exact moment his soul die in pvp, right when dizzy gets to go' way.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Whats happening with the guilds? I still log in and play a bit but im too lazy to get on discord. S1phnz in LLJK.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

just some of the more active guild PVP people wanna swap guilds, since there's a bunch of people who don't participate, so they wanna get the tryhards in one guild and the chill squad in the other

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The Guilty Gear collab is back for people who missed out on Dizzy, Baiken, and the Portrait of the Saviors artifact. The artifact can be farmed for free, the other two are on limited banners. I highly recommend trying to get Dizzy and farming the artifact if you don't have them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm gonna fail to get Baiken again, aww yeah.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Just found this thread. I spent everything trying to get Elphelt's artifact. Ended up with 7 copies of Elphelt and no artifact. Hope everyone had better luck.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Trihugger posted:

Just found this thread. I spent everything trying to get Elphelt's artifact. Ended up with 7 copies of Elphelt and no artifact. Hope everyone had better luck.

Ouch, most of us in the discord did decently. 7 Elphelt's before the artifact means both dedication and crazy bad luck.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got Baiken. :toot:

Also is there anyone left in lljk? I don't want to become competitive or whatever but I also don't want to be in a dead guild.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I left for a pub guild cos lljk was getting like 4 or 5 ppl checking in each day

E) vvvvv yea but the merged ones full already

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 24, 2020

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
That's why we merged.

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
I cant even play the game. On my iphone 11 it gives an Stove Error after fee seconds into the launching of the app.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Is there is a newgoon guild?

stratego
May 6, 2007

Washout posted:

Is there is a newgoon guild?

I'm in a guild with some friends and we have 3 spots open. We guild war and even have a discord. Guild name is 175.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This new expedition co op guild stuff rules.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
arby's coming back to mystic summons

everyone who cares about pvp is about to hear the approaching ruin

topheryan
Jul 29, 2004
I just applied to GoonSquad, username is topheryawn.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

topheryan posted:

I just applied to GoonSquad, username is topheryawn.

Check out our discord. Not seeing you in the app list. I'm going to purge it in case it was an overflow issue.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hey! I downloaded this last week, been enjoying it. Had okay luck with pulls - got Ravi with the selective summon and pulled a Vivian randomly with the free summons I got through 10-10 (I've had a lot of time with baby watching.)

A few questions:

1. Should I get moonlight summons or the 4-5* hero cards with gold stones? I got one moonlight summon but it was a total dud (Knight of Taranor)
2. When do I get auto-battle?
3. I got a pet adoption ticket. What is it for?

I'll apply to the goon guild soon.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dragongem posted:

Hey! I downloaded this last week, been enjoying it. Had okay luck with pulls - got Ravi with the selective summon and pulled a Vivian randomly with the free summons I got through 10-10 (I've had a lot of time with baby watching.)

A few questions:

1. Should I get moonlight summons or the 4-5* hero cards with gold stones? I got one moonlight summon but it was a total dud (Knight of Taranor)
2. When do I get auto-battle?
3. I got a pet adoption ticket. What is it for?

I'll apply to the goon guild soon.

Galaxy (Moonlight)
Pet for auto repeat, top right for auto skills
Pets unlock at account level 30 and you can use it then.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I started back up again in this. I was in LLJK before you guys merged into whatever it is now. I have been told the group is full so which group should I head to so I can do more then this auto world boss thing?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

BERGfu posted:

I started back up again in this. I was in LLJK before you guys merged into whatever it is now. I have been told the group is full so which group should I head to so I can do more then this auto world boss thing?

We are 30/30 on the main guild ATM , with one person waiting to get in. I'd say a random guild until there's space. The side guilds died off AFAIK.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Kalas posted:

We are 30/30 on the main guild ATM , with one person waiting to get in. I'd say a random guild until there's space. The side guilds died off AFAIK.

That's fine by me I need to grind out gear and levels and I'm in one that lets me do world bosses but everyone else hasn't logged in 180 plus days

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I wasnt really sure on the current goon presence in this game, but I've been playing it for a bit now. I just joined some rando guild that had auto accept so I could get at some of the stuff.
I don't have a ton of good units and I'm not farming wyvern11+ yet but i'm almost done building up my team for it along with my vildred and lena for farming.

I'm not really sure what the best course is on using my summons to fill out my roster and get my hands on some other good units to get some good teams together. Is it just wait for a good one to come up on the weekly banners or during some other event, or is it worth doing some regular summons since the pool includes all the rare units?

Anyway I've got the same nickname ingame, or user #913674551 if anyone wants to throw friend at me.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

The answer to that kind of depends on where your roster is right now - there are a small number of units (really just Tama) who you should definitely pull for when their banner comes up. You want to keep enough in the bank that you don't miss out on any limited units when they come up. Other than that, you're generally better off doing regular covenant pulls than banner pulls, since they include a small chance of moonlight heroes while the chance of them on a regular banner is 0, and if you don't have any giant gaping holes in your roster most of the ML5s are going to do more for you than most of the new or banner-featured RGB5s. I'd also say to do as much as you can with the 3* specialty change heroes; most of them are really good and they don't eat molas.

If you don't have teams for the other hunts yet, you might keep an eye out for: yufine, charles, tama, lilias, and anyone you especially love design-wise. I can't think of any others offhand who don't have reasonably attainable replacements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I would mostly disagree, stick to the guaranteed 5* summons. They are guaranteed, cannot be stressed how important that is, and tons of them are complete game changers. Your chances of getting a 5* ml from covenant is 0.15% per summon, which is bad even by Gacha game standards, and includes a few complete duds inside of that. 5* ml are also not needed for any progression in the game, and that's including Legend ranks PvP. Banners are also sometimes worth pulling on, in part, for the featured artifacts, but that's big RNG energy there (1.05% chance or so), and powder of knowledge is a thing that exists.

In terms of what guaranteed banners you pull on ... well, if you're playing pretty regularly you can end up pulling on a good majority of them, as the game gives out quite a lot of regular BMs. It's going to depend a lot on who you already have, and which game modes you want to focus on. But if you are still early on the game, you're going to be drowning in tickets for a while, so don't feel the need to be super stingy if someone decent shows up. Just don't waste them on someone who is super trash, unless you really really like them. :v:

The game also gives you a free covenant summon every day, and there are occasional events that give you 70 pulls.

Mystic BMs, save them for when someone really good is the guaranteed 5*, preferably someone who works for multiple game modes. So basically Ruele, just wait until she shows up again.

From Gold Transmit stones, always take the Galaxy bookmarks. Galaxy Bookmarks you can feel free to use whenever, they're just super random.