Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I just want to say that I've been playing this game and it is, imo, good.

- Very accommodating to F2P players
- Good combat and team building mechanics
- Many waifus and even husbandos

A good gacha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I find the story serviceable but not remarkable. What it does do well is have some good funny moments (mostly about Arky) and some good character moments that give you a reason to care about your various gacha pulls. I think overall the story stuff is a positive for the game although I also didn't think Student Council Land was very great.

avoraciopoctules posted:

Will keep playing, I skimmed through some guides and see that it might be a good idea to dump the 1500 stamina I've piled up into the wyvern hunt grinding quests.

"Hunt Grind" is definitely a thing but I don't see any reason to do it at such an early stage. It's basically a huge sink for energy/gold/time to acquire specific pieces or sets you need for your builds. But in the beginning you are finding gear and leveling so fast that it doesn't make sense to craft gear you'll out level so quickly. Do it a few times for fun or for milestones but I wouldn't bother grinding it until at least after Episode 1. Random drops from labyrinths/adventurer's path/whatever should get you through that.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
:siren: Re:Zero Collaboration Returning :siren:

Details: https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8519325

Starting tomorrow, the Re:Zero collaboration is BACK, BABY! I only started playing Epic Seven a few months ago so I missed whenever the first one was. To be honest I was kind of miffed when I found out that there was no way whatsoever to get collab heroes outside of their (seemingly exclusive) events. But I guess sometimes they bring them back. This is YOUR CHANCE AND MINE to get two of your favorite waifus and also Ram.

Event will be three weeks long, starting off with a generous 7-Day login bonus.. From what I understand, everyone can get Ram for free by playing through the side story. or maybe just through login bonus. Rem and Emilia will both have two week long, partially overlapping boosted drop events. At this time there is NO EXPLANATION for the glaring omission of Felix Argyle.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Some Numbers posted:

So if I haven't touched this game before and only wanted to jump in for Emilia, what's the likelihood I could pull her without spending money?

I'd say pretty high as long as you have some time to play this week. I think there are nine days left to summon, and you only need the basic summoning tokens, which can also be bought with skystone (not a premium currency) . New players get a good amount of stuff for free, including bookmarks and skystone. And there is a guaranteed summon mechanic, where if you have pulled 120 times and haven't gotten her, then the next pull with be her automatically (120 times is less than it sounds).

If you do try, then the magic number is 600 covenant bookmarks for an automatic summon. You can repeat purchase 50 bookmarks for 950 skystone in the store. And new players get a good amount of both for free. Also, there is a perfectly good chance you'll summon before the auto summon anyway. I got her on my 2nd 10x pull, which is 100 bookmarks, which is basically a pittance you'll have in no time.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 6, 2022

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Rem and Emilia have the summon probability/requirements. The main thing is that Rem's window closes tomorrow, Emilia still has another week. But yeah new players can get a bunch of bookmarks/skystone fast by piling up first-time bonuses for clearing Adventure chapters and doing achievements. Even by just tomorrow I'd think you could probably muster a minimum 30 pulls? Hard to say because I can't remember if you start a new account with zero bookmarks/skytone and the exact bonuses. Also if you are willing to play a bunch of hours today/tomorrow then that number will go up substantially. Each pull is a 1% chance to get Rem or Emilia (you target one or the other at a time). 120 pulls is an auto-success.

In general this game is very generous with the summon events, imo. They want you to come out of it with all the characters. I was able to get Rem and Emilia fairly easily even though I went into the event basically tapped out of resources from the last one, just by playing. Your only disadvantage now is coming into the event when it's about 2/3 over.

Also if it helps, everyone who logs in at all gets Ram lol. She's not as coveted as the other two but imo she actually is a pretty baller PvE characters. Great boss killer.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 7, 2022