Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

^^^ I had to install my game onto my iPad to get around this bug just for this one level.

I got Destina from my selective summon and decided to stop since I saw somewhere she was good. I haven't got the dog stuff unlocked yet so should I actively avoid feeding anything into Destina until I can do this dog stuff? I've never played a gacha game really before so I don't know if I can permanently wreck a character by being sloppy with what I feed them or if it's simply inefficient but fixable.

Basically, I see a billion menus and it's a lot to take in. Is there a list of things I should absolutely not do (e.g. if I have enough of a currency to do a type of summon, should I always do it or should I hoard them for something that unlocks later on?) or is there no way to screw myself over in the future?

I'm pretty new myself but I'll try to answer. From what I've seen there's no way to mess up a unit, only ways to waste resources (like spending resources improving a unit that you stop using eventually). Feeding units to other units to give them XP is kind of a waste since it's pretty inefficient (other than penguins that are made for it), the main reason to feed units is to a) feed copies of the same unit to increase devotion rank or b) to promote a unit and allow it to be levelled higher. You can promote units entirely using 'fodder' like the dogs, or those 2 star units that occasionally drop in fights. You promote the dogs first to increase their stars and make them able to promote higher units, since you can promote them immediately without having to level them first, but when you run out of higher rank dogs you can level the lower rank ones because they get a small amount of bonus XP from battle. Eventually you will have to do this a lot to promote units to 5* and 6*. Anyway, the point is, don't needlessly feed away units or sell ( "transmit" ) them unless you are absolutely sure you have no need for them in the future. Even bad units can eventually be improved / copies used to improve devotion to earn quest rewards.

As far as bookmarks, it's hard to really waste them as there's always a chance you could get something useful, BUT they do add units periodically and have special banners that you might not be able to summon on if you don't have anything saved up for them. For example there is rumored to be a 'limited' banner coming soon, limited meaning you can only summon the unit for a limited time before it goes away and may not come back for a long time. And limited units are usually pretty strong, because that's the way these games are I guess. Even when there's no limited banner though they do regular unit banners where if you save up enough you can guarantee pulling a certain unit that you may want (which takes a lot of pulls, 121 pulls / 600 covenant bookmarks, and progress vanishes when the banner ends). Mystic summons work a little differently, they have a smaller rotating pool, the 'special' moonlight units available stay around longer (monthly i think) and there's a selection of normal units/artifacts that rotate weekly. The pity timer here is even larger, but doesn't reset when the banner changes, only when you pull the 5* moonlight unit from the banner. So for mystic banner you generally want to only pull if the moonlight unit is one that you want, or maybe if there's a lower rarity item you need and you wanna gamble that you won't accidentally use your pity timer on a unit you dont want or already have.

Mystic bookmarks are harder to come buy, but not as hard as the final ones, Galaxy Bookmarks. The moonlight summon uses Galaxy bookmarks which are rarest / most expensive, you get one summon per month by logging in daily as well as a few other ways (like gold transmit stones + the automaton tower). You can pull on the moonlight banner any time pretty much, there's no special banner or pity timer to worry about, just cruel RNG. Will you get one of the rare 5* ML units? Probably not. But there are plenty of good 3* and 4* also, and the moonlight pool is much smaller with less random garbage chances and no artifacts. I haven't seen any reason yet to not just slam this summon at every opportunity. Only reason to save is if you think there's a possibility they will add a new unit in the future that you would rather save to try for, instead of getting something you could use now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

anyway thats a lot of words to say for covenant summons: if you need better units, summon away, when you have enough, save. Mystic summons: probably just save, until the rotation has enough stuff you want, or if you really want to try for the ML 5* unit. Galaxy summons, pull em if you got em.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Corby Haas posted:

Guy in official Discord for Eternal CCG off -topic channel tells me to play this game.

Can I download this with mobile data or is that a fool's errand? Play Store says only 49.47 MB but that seems optimistic.

yea you pretty much instantly get a ~2gb patch to download so yea.. i did it anyway cuz i dont use that much data per month

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yeah once you start really getting into the gear grind gold just evaporates, 3 mil isn't especially a lot. Just save it til you need it

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the drop rate on is pretty low, scaling by difficulty, 8% on normal and 20% on hell. Its about the same drop rate per stamina for each difficulty so it shouldn't matter which difficulty you choose ultimately but luck skews it. Also don't imprint her right away, if you save the copies til she's level 40 you can get her to 5* with just the copies. Some people apparently go as far as getting her to 6* just on copies but thats like.. 30 copies which is a LOT of stamina just to save some doggos, not to mention levelling up 6 copies of her

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

I’ve got witch lady to SSS and got a few more to spare. Maybe I’ll just keep farming her as promotion materials for others 4* characters. Much faster than raising Phantasmas!

you can only use her to promote herself, no free 5* promotions for u

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

eh i'd do it just to have a 'free' 6* but it takes sooo much stamina it seems like a waste when i got tons of other poo poo to do first

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

someones made a nice big :effort: post for the new pet stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ViLbITPPPm3qbhdbz5vOLWOzg5l2dlarlR37bpMIQoU/edit

So far it seems like best cheap option if youre gonna invest at all is get a nice S or A rank pet to level 10 and promote and hope for a 2nd good skill. Going for a 3* or 4* and guaranteeing 2+ good skills is a huge investment and your gold/skystone are probably better saved unless you're a very lategame player already

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

tieris is more of a support character so theyre diff roles but yea luna is much stronger generally

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

lorina is very good and probably better than luna for content like labyrinths. I'd work on 5* your team first before worring about 6* anyone, 6* is a huge investment

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

should i be using a lifesteal set or a speed set on vildred for early farming purposes? seems like speed gives him more damage but i don't know how much he really needs lifesteal for that sort of thing.

also what goon guilds are there on global, any with open spots?

tbh attack is still way more important than speed for vildred, the speed scaling is pretty minor comparitively

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Novasol posted:

I'm now trying to assemble a wyvern 11 team because I really need better gear to push forward. Luna and Angelica are definitely going (working on getting them 6 starred), but I don't know who else is going. Who gets the other two slots? Options:
Yuna
T. Guard
Rose
Mistychain
Furious
Alexa
Coli

I also have Ken and Tamarinne, but, wrong element.

Furious is a lock cuz he'll bring critbuff + defbreak, on very low cooldown if you mola his s2 and s3 enough. If your Angelica can get swole enough to tank at least the first 3-4 rounds then 4th slot can be whatever you feel like. Taranor Royal Guard is the standard 'cheap + easy' wyvern tank if you have him (3* so not rare) otherwise theres crozet from the very annoying connection quest. frankly it's easier to get angelica tanky than to get crozet, i still dont have him. If you wanna use Angelica she needs like 160-170 speed, 16k hp, 1100 def, and some kind of artifact to help her survive like waters origin or proof of valor. Even with that she'll most likely die before shield phase meaning you have to be able to kill within a turn or 2 after that

Anyway taranor guard or alexa could both be filler dps for you. A level 60 Luna with even half-decent gear can solo dps him if you keep def break up reliably so maybe lean towards taranor I guess? IDK what rose brings maybe she would be useful too, attack buff I think? that could be more useful I guess.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

don't neglect speed, wyvern is fast af and does CR push so if youre too slow you just never get a turn

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Gentleman Owl posted:

Friendship points exist for energy/flag purchases once a day and fodder summons, there is no other use for them.

Small edit to this - you can now purchase pet autobattle snacks with friendship points, 10 for 1k points per week i believe.. the pet system is not available til rank 20 though. Tip for the pet system tho, do not invest heavily in it starting out, it's a huge currency sink to get good pets, and will take a long time for that investment to be worth it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Funktor posted:

Been playing for half a week. Can somebody run me though what the different currencies are and what I should use them for? There's like ten and I'm pretty confused.

Gold - the most omnipresent resource obviously, you pick up small amounts everywhere and spend it for almost every crafting transaction. Main gold sinks are gear crafting + upgrading, and the newly added pet system which is 100% not worth using your gold for early. You will get millions easily early on but it's actually fairly slow to acquire normally.

Bookmarks - used for summoning units + artifacts. There's a few different varieties, covenant are the normal ones, galaxy are the rarest and can only be used to pull the rare 'moonlight' heroes. Mystics are the whale variety, enough of these can guarantee you get a certain moonlight 5* hero which rotates every month or so. Galaxy are technically the most expensive whale bait but you can only buy a limited amount, and are generally a horrible value.

Skystone - the 'money' exchange currency basically, early on you primarily want to use it for bookmarks, eventually you may find it useful to spend on energy refreshes when farming the endgame hunts endlessly for better gear.

Friendship points - as stated before, other than a few minor things per week you just dump these into friendship summons for free level 5 fodders, which you will level + promote to promote dogs to in turn promote your heroes.

Molagora - used for improving the skills of your heroes, you get a lot of these starting out but later on they're reduced to like 3-5 per week roughly so try not to waste them on heroes you won't use long term. You don't need them for 3* heroes anymore though.

Stigma - now primarily used for improving skills of 3* skills, but can also be spent to instantly make silver dogs and penguins (and molagora, with seeds) if needed. Also can be spent in the automaton tower to make it easier if you need to squeeze out a few rewards you otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Transmit stones - silver ones can buy a lot of useful stuff, molagora seeds are the most important but the other stuff is decently useful too. Primary source is from selling duplicate heroes / 3* penguins. Gold transmit stones are rarer and should only be

Conquest points - pvp points used to buy pvp rewards in the shop, a source of some powerful equipment. Definitely focus on getting the gear first, there's also a 'slate' that can be used to enhance 5* heroes but the gear is generally more valuable especially early on. Eventually you can earn enough to also get the charms.

Powder of knowledge: buy from a rotating selection of 4* and 5* artifacts, or artifact charms if you need. only comes from selling artifacts, so it'll be a while before you can really make use of this

Ancient coins: earned from labyrinths, you should try to buy the bug charm every week which is an entry ticket for the hardmode raid labyrinth, even if you can't handle doing the raid yet. Get Jewelry charms when you need to.

Proof of Courage: ONLY used to donate to your guild, guild captains can spend them on stuff for the entire guild.

Guild currencies are pretty self-explanantory just buy what you want in the guild shop. Proof of Valor is a good 5* artifact only obtainable here so aim for that first, it takes quite a while to earn.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

There is no special comp really, you mainly just need enough damage to kill and enough healing / debuff remove to survive. Having AOE is nice especially for farming PVE if you have someone strong enough to oneshot waves, but anything can work. Mercedes as a free unit isn't especially powerful so definitely stop with her. Ravi + Violet are both pretty bruiser-y characters designed to survive + counterattack more than being mega damage dealers. You could use someone with defense break to enable the team to kill better but of the people listed I might suggest trying Corvus, he's a tanky fucker more focused on disrupting the enemy. But really anything can work until you get into endgame hunts/labyrinths and PVP

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yolomancer posted:

Is it normal to pull the banner heroes in few attempts? I got Ravi and Elena in less than 10 pulls, then just got Violet in ~15, also getting Angelica in the process. Have I just been insanely lucky? I've been hoarding bookmarks all this time thinking I'd need to do pity pulls, but maybe not?

Also, now that I have a few new characters, what do people think of this general use team?

Commander Lorina
Angelic Montmorancy
Angelica
Vivian/Vildred. This is a tough choice, since Vivian brings ATK buff over Vildred, but I already have plenty of Immunity in this composition and my Vildred is better geared (Vivian doesn't have Time Matter yet).

I'm also raising a Kiris for Abyss, while working on the W11 team.

re: banners it happens as often as going to pity does I'd say, so enjoy it while it lasts because you will absolutely have to go to 121 eventually.

And for general use you only need 1 healer, there's rarely a situation where 2 will be helpful unless your strategy is just never die and kill everything slow as balls. Throw ravi in in place of one of the healers IMO, or some sort of debuffer / defense breaker

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I need to remember to assume I won't pull the favored unit until the charity pull. 2 days left, 30 pulls away, and I'm pretty much all out of gem sources. I got suckered in by people talking about getting him in the first 10-pull and started rolling before I had it covered.

yea, gotta set limits for yourself, personally i don't do more than 20 pulls unless im prepared to go all the way to 120 for the unit

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yolomancer posted:

Nope. The whole team was a 6* Seaside Bellona, that's all. She moved first, killed two of them, then killed the remaining two in the following couple of turns. Nothing I could do.

You will come to realize in Arena especially later on that your gear is just poo poo, just absolute dogshit, compared to people who have been playing for months / over a year. Don't worry about it, the grind to get better gear is the entire game pretty much, so it'll take a while before this stops happening. PVP isn't split up by gear so there will always be people sitting in the dumpster ratings who outgear you by far.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

what kinda fuckin idiot would say luna's primary job is def break, she can do it like once every 5 turns

based on my own experience wyvern is far too fast to rely on a 1 turn break, if I failed a run every time my def breaker went then wyvern immediately went afterwards i'd never kill the thing

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

just some of the more active guild PVP people wanna swap guilds, since there's a bunch of people who don't participate, so they wanna get the tryhards in one guild and the chill squad in the other

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yea most people just stick to pulling on banner units to guaranteed get something they want + don't have, but technically covenant pulls have slightly higher rates of 5*, its just completely random what you get. There's always that chance of purple sparking + getting a good moonlight 4/5 that is always tempting but rare. Ultimately its just a game so you can choose what you like, but push comes to shove it feels bad to dump a ton of pulls in there and get nothing, or some lovely dupe you dont want. Personally i stick to banners always and just save until theres a unit I do want (and when i have 600+ saved i sometimes just pull on a whim)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yea furious maybe a poo poo char but he's absolutely boss for keeping def break on 1 dude and crit buff owns when you cant 100% someone. kinda surprised at the roana req cuz other than as an SSB 'counter' i basically never use her, her lack of debuff removal is crippling for a soulweaver

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

cirus posted:

Might be worth getting back into if it's not Epic Seven: Inventory Management and Dog Walking anymore

Dog walking is being reduced at least, new players will still maybe have to do it because its hard to get caught up with how many units need to be promoted

inventory management hell is still real tho but there is a 3rd party program that can help with it (maybe someone else can link it or ask in the discord), and they're going to be GREATLY reducing the costs to improve equipment so it'll be less of a nightmare than it was

it's still a very grindy game, i mean it's a gacha that's how they work, but there's been a concerted effort by the devs to fix a lot of the most common complaints and it's still IMO one of the best on the market

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Pinball Jizzard posted:

How, where and when?

its gonna be a new 'connection' type thing which unlocks after you clear... episode 1? i forget

as to when, i think on the 27th? not sure exactly, they had a ton of announcements but they arent all coming immediately in the next patch

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i use krau for wyvern, he just sits up fromt and gets smacked in the face for 10 turns while the dps do their thing. no healer.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

glad you're enjoying it, but yea the writing in this game is very hit or miss. there's some surprisingly good parts and a lot of 'ugh go away' stuff i dont care about, but thats what skip buttons are for. Not exactly sure what story bit you're referring to, sounds like Tenebria tho. She's interesting sometimes but mostly just comically evil for no discernable reason so kinda hard to take seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the low star fodder units all have garbage stats so their usefulness is limited but i think the mice have a special skill that at least gives them a potential to deal useful damage, some people have used it to gimmick kill stuff before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6YdoST7Mh8&t=360s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFzJ61jGVuE