Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
I've bounced around a lot of mobile games and this one has been by far my favorite. It's been out almost a year for Global and it's the one that hasn't had a burn out phase for me.

It's also extremely free to play friendly if you don't need to be top end arena or have all the waifu.

Like Summoner's War that it takes a lot from, 3* units are highly usable and people run gimmick teams with them that can clear all the content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

is this just summoners war with more anime humans and less cool monsters

It's summoners war with more waifu and a less soulcrushing gatcha. (They recently put L/D units into the regular summoning pool, at a scarcer rarity of course)

It's also been evolving at a high rate, due mostly to the recent Korean player riot that was so severe it actually shut up the whining on the Reddit forum for a few days.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Presteign posted:

I started playing this at launch and loved it for a few months before it began feeling really P2W and I was having terrbile luck with the gacha so quit. Saw folks in the Android thread say it was very F2P friendly and came back last week. I'm enjoying it a lot again, though my team is rough. Not getting higher than Gold in PvP and just get constantly rocked in Guild Wars (through the random guild i joined).

Will jump over to LLJK today or tomorrow (I forget if there's a cooldown).

I'll go through the thread after work to add friends, or go ahead and add me as a friend in game (Presteign). No one seems to check their friend requests because that drat notification never goes away. How is that still an issue a year after release.

If you use crystals to shop-refresh instead of buying bookmarks with them, you'll get at solid 60% more bookmarks that way, though it'll have an added gold cost.

To give you an idea, I hit pity and zeroed my bookmarks for Vivian a few weeks ago. Two weeks later I was around 150 pulls, which is well over the pity counter of 120. I've been tossing random pulls at the regular banner at this point.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Alright, I already have a dumbass question. If I start with a guest login now, can I register a stove account later?

Yes, but the second you have something viable, link it.

However you can also reset your account in-system as well, so you can just keep doing that without having to clear software data caches or the typical way to reroll gatchas.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

General Morden posted:

so when can i get the guilty gear characters

We are not going to expect to see those for quite some time. I expect they'll be back next year some time.
I hope there's another collab, but I also hope it's something different.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Well that makes sense. This one seems a lot more manageable, and of course I'm not trying to cram the whole thing in a few days. The story and characters on this one are just plain better too. I don't know, Reingar stuff kind of really blows.

I liked the Unrecorded history stuff more then the original main story, though that's more like a part-2 to the original.
Some side stories are awesome, some are so so. I hope they run Diene's event soon, that was probably the best one.

The Chrismas event was fun too, though mostly because it was canon and so many future events referenced it. Even the Guilty Gear collab was directly caused by the Christmas event like 6 months later if memory serves.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Schubalts posted:

The bartender's shop can have bookmarks in packs of 5 or mystic medals in packs of 50. If you want to gamble and have a ton of gold to buy them with if they pop up, you can repeatedly refresh the shop and you'll hopefully get bookmarks for less skystones than buying them directly.

This depends entirely on the RNG gods bestowing their blessing upon you.

You definitely get more. During my 'hit pity for Judge Kise' phase I was spending all skystones on the refresh. Every Monday I'd have about 750 or so from Arena and whatnot, that usually came out to 15 bookmark sets and 4-5 mystic sets.
Now, these cost 190k and 290k respectively, so I was always broke and farming hunts for gold to keep this going throughout the week.

Doing it this way you can hit by-weekly banner pity without spending a penny, I had over 1200 bookmarks by Lilias after hitting pity for Vivan with nothing left over.

There's a cost to this of course, gear is insanely expensive to upgrade. Millions per level 85+ piece. Your units will suffer for this if you keep going for bookmarks this way.

Kalas fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 1, 2019

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

I haven't unlocked the secret shop yet (too busy farming event currency). Is its level tied to your rank?

Right on, that actually sounds really fun. Having character improvement projects and collecting new characters are two of my favorite things in games like this.

e: are there characters with specialty changes for whom it is unwise to pursue said change?

Most of them are good, some are more important then others.

Angelic Montmorancy would be #1 right now. Commander Lorina would be #2. After that you have a lot of choices.
Kluri was way to OP and got nerfed, she's just good now.
Roozid is good as well, though has specific uses.
Chaos Inquisitor is new, but looks pretty neat.
Carrot is the newst promotion and verdict's still out, but looks pretty good.
I'd not bother with Hazel, she's just overshadowed by A.Montmorancy.
Rikoris, I wouldn't bother with. He suffered from being wayyyy too good and got nerfed hard, even before his promotion came out.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

Literally hit the story mission that makes Lorina available about half an hour ago so I’ll try to meet her unlock conditions next. What’s the cheapest or easiest way to get MolaGora seeds?

Those are basically the biggest bottleneck. Per week, 1 for 15 silver transmit stones, 1 from guild, 1 from PVP tokens.
Occasionally you'll get more from events and from places like the Abyss and Tower. Abyss yields the best of everything really, but it's all one time.

They also sell them in packs for $$$ now and then.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Novasol posted:

I recently started playing, and now I've hit a bottleneck around Abyss 50/Tower 70. It's time to start 6-starring, and I have no idea how to go about that efficiently. I also have no idea what my parties should even be looking like. Notable stuff I have available to me:

5 Stars:
Vildred
Ken

Iseria
Yuna

4 Stars:
Blood Blade Karin
Montmorancy

3 Star:
Lorina
Kiris
Alexa

So I drew pretty heavily on damage dealers, and... not so much anything else. Ras and Kluri are currently my only knights. Guessing Celestial Mercedes or Vildred needs my first 6 star, but then I have no idea what teams to form out of this.

Don't worry about knights. In this game your healers are your tanks. Knights are there to preform very specific tasks. Kluri is more used for PVP for her strip/taunt.

I removed the stuff you don't need to worry about right now. Months ago Angelica would be a must 6* but Montmorancy's spec change was so good that once you finish that and are done stuffing her full of runes on her spec promotion skill tree, she's absolutely nuts.

You have Ken and Vildred, two of the best of the best units in their roles. Make sure you build Ken super HP bloated, he scales amazingly off HPs and doesn't really need Attack.
I'd get Vildred to 6*, then Ken, Lorina and Montmorancy in that order. Newly acquired 5* units may change that of course.

Work on Lorina and Montmorancy's spec changes, those will be highly useful. Lorina's amazing for single target fast DPS that doesn't worry about elemental disadvantages.

Kiris and Alexa will be used for niche purposes, you can probably just leave them at 5*. Kiris especially is there to cheese Abyss levels and once you've cleared that will probably be fated to be used as promotion fodder for 6*ing someone. Alexa is for Wyvern11, though there's a lot of better units out there in that role, you just didn't list any. In time you'll get some.

Iseria has some amazing usage but she really shines with units that have super long cooldowns like Tamarrine or Dark Corvus.

Yuna has gotten some nice buffs and a unique gear item recently. She takes heavy investment but has some really nice use now.

Blood Blade Karin is one of my favorite units. She is super gear dependent but once you get her maxed out in both skills and gears is capable of outright deleting entire enemy teams in PVP.
She's also a decent farming lead, though you have Vildred so you are set in that.

As far as 6*ing fodder. Dogs. Stick dogs and units you need XP on with Vildred leading them and run the hardest highest XP adventure/side story stages you can.
Get 2* dogs and evolve them to 3* using trash fodder. Get the golden 3* dogs and evolve them to 4* using the blue 3* dogs, max level and then evolve again for 5* fodder. You can also relevel/revolve the blue dogs for helping this process.
They get a hefty XP bonus so it's best to use them over regular trash fodder.

Later on you'll have a Wyvern11 team that is based around 2 DPS and a healer/tank with a spot for a doggy.

We are probably gonna be getting some really interesting stuff in the next few weeks. We are very due a limited unit and those tend to be highly useful. I'd be shocked if we didn't see Luna in the next two weeks and she is amazing for almost every part of the game, especially on a Wyvern team. I'm also expecting a halloween limited unit since it'd be dumb for them to refuse making piles of money.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Ah, I haven’t been doing any transmitting, should I be doing that with duplicate heroes instead of feeding them into each other?

I use duplicate 3* heroes as evo fodder. Just make sure you hold on to one SSS of every hero as at one point they mentioned some form of recompense for pulling a unit you already have SSSed.

And as Kyro above mentioned, Penguins are for transmitting. Especially 3* Penguins. Those 5 elemental penguins we get on basically every event shop are worth a ton of silver transmission stones and gold.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Yeah definitely not planning on investing much if any money into the game. Especially since the cash purchase stuff looks to be horrible value for money.
50 Covenent bookmarks then?

Speaking of gold - I have like 3 million and have no idea what to spend it on other than just unequipping gear to put better stuff on my main characters. Is there somewhere I should be dumping it all? Or I assume as I get higher level things will get suddenly very expensive.

Later on we mostly use skystones to refresh the regular black market, you get more bookmarks via that then spending them directly. You can also get mystic bookmarks from there as well. This costs gold as well though.

Cash shop is a whale trap yes. Rarely there's BOGO packs which are good, and sometimes event packs which are expensive but actually give you a ton of things. The daily skystone subscription is decent though. The level up packs are excellent value for $$$. I have largely been F2P for the last half year and haven't missed a single new unit, limited or otherwise since the 120-pull covenant pity system was put in.

As far as gold goes, 3 million later on is 1 upgraded piece of gear, if you are lucky.

Kalas fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 28, 2019

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

So uh, on both of my devices at the end of mission 8-10, it just goes to a black screen and doesn't mark the mission as complete so I can't continue story mode. Is there any way around this?

I believe this is an iOS13 bug. People have worked their way around it using an android emulator.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Got Luna after 10 pulls and my punishment for such good fortune is finding out that a cutscene in chapter 10 also breaks on iOS so I’ll have to resort back to Bluestacks. :(

Kids these days, getting Luna before clearing 10-10.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

:3:

Should I focus on a full five star team first or rush towards promoting someone to six stars?

Also is Lorina worth pushing to 5 star?

Lorina is fantastic and as an elemental neutral unit useful everywhere. Work on her and if you have one Montmorancy first as far as Promotions go.

A 6* unit is a large boost in power especially if it's a 'farmer' like Vildred.

All that being said, work on the new user quest chain and get to the 'promote a unit to 6*' stage at the end.

You can leave support units and healers at 5* for now, but absolutely get them to that stage.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

The man called M posted:

Decided to start over. What would you guys consider the route needed for progression? Asking because I saw some goons mentioning taking things one step at a time.

Work through the story and focus on the newbie mission. Clear down to the first leech set from the abyss as soon as you can manage it. Between the newbie quest sets and the abyss leech set you will have a decent core.
Remember the end quest is to promote a unit to 6* so plan for that as the end goal with your resources.

Get working on Montmorancy's promotion, as well as Lorina's.

Try to clear out the limited events to the best of what you can manage.

Ask goons for friend invites, we can carry new teams through 10-10 very easily. Mine's KalasLB7 , I have 5 spots open for whoever needs.

You have 6 hours to get Luna. :)

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

Got Vildred from the multi and Luna after popping 15 pulls on the banner, so I can't imagine I'm supposed to RE-roll for å setup with one of the good healers.

Any goons on EU with a guild?

Vildred / Luna is an amazing start. Just level up the first Montmorancy you snag.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Kortel posted:

Just got my first non-tutorial upgrade for my Sanctuary. Is there any general path upgrade? I was thinking second slot in the Forest for Penguins. Or more missions available.

If you are free to play get the main Heart upgraded first, it's a lot of extra skystones.

If you are not, max the slots on the Forest of Souls, and get High Command a few upgrades.

A lot of people put High Command to 0/2/2 so they can run multiple fast War missions for a ton of extra pvp tokens.
You'll get ~10 an hour if you can keep running two 2-hour missions there, and the cost is 7 energy for both.
The longer missions give more, but aren't as good ratio.

The Smithy/Alchemist are for later, when you have the proper resources to use them.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Ah drat, and I'd invested so much in Destina already :( She's, like, 5-star awakened.

This is not a bad thing, she does things Montmorancy doesn't do. Her heals are stronger, her s3 removes every debuff at once for everyone without having to spend 20 souls.
Destina is more healing, Momo is more focused on removal of debuffs.

That being said, with the meta of the game, you'll get more USE from a well built Momo right now then Destina.

Half a year from now they'll probably be both 6* and you will find places to use both.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

It really doesn't feel like Destina puts out more healing. Mont's s2 has no cooldown like half the time.

Destina has bigger base numbers, they have different roles. SG does a good job at making healers each have their own niche.
You can also soulburn Destina's S1 for absurd amounts of healing when her s2/s3 are on cooldown.

Personally, I juggle Momo, Tamarinne and Ruele for healing duty depending. Angelica is my dedicated W11 tank/healer now, but one of these days I'll probably just replace her with Momo.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

not really sure what this ken i just fought in gw was. my luna is full offense build, 300% crit, insane atk, +15 mola, high level draco plate, the works right? so i dropped her soulburn s3 on him and he took 20k+ and survived no problem! sigurds activated and i was like well poo poo

... and he proceeds to hit yufine for 3k

you know what i'll take it

Was he attack broken and blind or something? A Ken with more then 20k hp is getting like over 6k damage bonus from the hp alone.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

soscannonballs posted:

Ken only gets 10% of his max hp as flat damage in the damage calculation, so a 20k hp Ken gets 2k flat damage

For some reason I thought it was higher. Still that's oddly low, I'm thinking an attack down or miss was in play. Less likely on red/green though.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

I gotta say the new world boss is pretty disappointing. It seems like you mostly just hit auto assign then watch your guys auto attack, so it's almost entirely about having a deep roster. I've been able to get SSS on my first try and A on my second for both windows so far, and the rewards are just kind of a trickle of garbage. Most chests seem to drop either 5 small runes or like 5k gold.

Literally cut and pasted from Summoner's War.

A character CP check for extra loot is fine with me, the almost trivial amount of gold in chests you get is irritating.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

The new continent and hardmode of the old stuff look like they're the same levels, is there one I should focus on first as far as rewards are concerned? I didn't see any Orbis on the new continent map for example.

They gated the one we go from that so far in the AP store. Bastards.

The old hardmode is where you'll get most of the breaths that are currently obtainable.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

The very long awaited equipment modification system turned out to be a total joke.

Also, the 6-month long development cycle of the World Boss turned out to be a no-effort cut and paste from Summoner's War.
This doesn't actually bother me, but the equipment mod system would have been nice.

Oh, and auto repeat via the new pets is a joke.

Still love the game, but Smilegate needs a new manager for the development team.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

vulturesrow posted:

Honestly for me the game just feels a little stale right now but I can't put my finger on exactly why. I find the world boss content to be just hilarious because as others have pointed out it's literally a cut and paste from Summoners War.

It was the wait and hype. And honestly I have no problem with it because at worst, its as good value as the old goblin even we used to get.

As long as you can hit a SSS and say S on the two tries, you should get 12 loots, at worst that's 72k gold. That's better then the daily 50k we used to get when the goblin came around.
Sometimes, you get lucky and get something better. It's a decent payout for really minimal effort.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Pinball Jizzard posted:

Except it isn’t 72k gold at worst. It’s 70 lesser runes at worst, which seem to have a pretty high drop rate.

40 energy returning 20k gold and trash is not good game design when energy is such a limited resource.

The weighting of gold in the pool is enough to see that more often then anything else. I've seen a few lesser runes but also I've seen pet tickets (100k) and both rare and epic catalysts.

Today's drops were worth close to 2 million gold for me (epic + rare cat, 10 artifact dust). Yesterdays was ~300k.

You are not getting 20k gold for 40 energy on average. You are getting much better then that. If you are annoyed at the effort put in on the world boss I can totally understand that, but the value of what you get especially for what it costs is excellent.

Kalas fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 3, 2019

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Have you considered that you're just getting lucky? :v:

My boxes today (A and B ratings) had eight gold piles in ten boxes, with lesser runes and a 2-star penguin being the other rewards.

Well that 2 star penguin is actually worth 3 of the gold payouts, so you are actually above average in my baseline of pure-gold value.

My example from today was very lucky, but the point I'm making is on average gold value, the world boss adds a nice daily payout.

I'm sure at some point someone on reddit will do some tracking and post an average, it'll probably be quite a bit higher then say 72k a day.

What I'm worried is the 'fix' SG proposed to sooth people's anger over the stupid gear recrafting system is to add extra gear crafting tokens to the world boss boxes. Those have a value of 0 as far as I'm concerned and I'd rather have gold then those.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Usually this game runs great, but every once in a while (usually about this time of night) I'll start getting connection issues. Sometimes a one-off hiccup, sometimes it'll hang for a minute and then reconnect only to do the same two clicks later. Googling I didn't see any complaints about this recently, is it a known issue or my phone being weird?

That is unusual. Their servers (or network) were poo poo at one point, and basically every new banner/patch was a lagfest, but it's been fantastic for the last few months.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

if its just a one off problem i have it too, sometimes the game just hangs on loading and it basically triples farming time

Are you guys on iOS/android or android emulator? It's been silky smooth on iOS for a very long time for me.
I used to use emulators before I stopped trusting any of them , and I noticed that there was a difference in performance (both graphics and connection) between even a maxed out setting emulator and my phone.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Once I've got a unit up to SSS is there any use for further dupes aside from fodder? I got some sort of RNG bubble and got 5 Kluri in 10 pulls.

Also, are the unit-specific enhancements on some sort of cycle or does the shop have all there are in the game so far? Not sure if I should keep pulling for optimal on the one I've got or sit on my points for other units.

There's really not a point to keep more dupes of 3*'s once you get a SSS. I use my spares for evolving 3* dogs.
I'd keep some spares of 4* though, as if you get the moonlight version you will definitely want to SSS that in most cases. If you have a total glut of dupe 4* and a SSS version already done, you can bring a 2nd 4* unit to SS and let it sit there for the moonlight version. Feeding that SS to the moonlight will bring it straight to SSS. (You can also keep a few extra for easier evolution materials, it comes down to how much space is a premium for you)

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I didn't know they could evolve their moonlight versions. Thanks.

ML and regular versions can imprint each other. And though they have different names, Destina and Ruele are the same unit for imprint purposes (which makes sense for story reasons).

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Novasol posted:

Another fun one is if you get a Celestial Mercedes, it's a free SSS because of the shards you get doing hard mode cracks in the world. Speaking of:
Did this today. Always liked this character but other ones had to be prioritized. But now, IT'S TIME.

I have run into C.Mercs in arena that outright vaporized my team. She takes gearing to be good, but can do an absurd amount of AE. Usually paired with a C.Dom or other offensive buffer.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Are you assuming those fragments aren't already in normal Mercedes, or is there a way to get more than the 3+3?

Granted, if you pull CM I doubt you'll feel bad about feeding her the regular one, but just checking.

You can't feed Mercedes away, she's protected like Ras.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Is this game real stingy on summons or am I missing something? I got a team to L30, awkened a bit but bookmarks to summon with seem really scarce compared to other games where they chuck summon mats at you in the beginning.

As you get deeper in the game and more resources are available, you'll get more bookmarks.
Without spending money you can usually hit 2 banner units a month, though that requires sacrificing most of your gold for buying bookmarks from black market refreshes.

Many of us maintain a pile of bookmarks and pull on covenant randomly if the game goes without putting in a neat new unit or fails to rerun a unit we missed earlier.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Funktor posted:

Soooo.... I just dumped a bunch of low level resources into leveling a character up to 40, getting equipment ready to put her on my main team, etc.

I was looking at Lena on the tier list. But the character I spent a bunch of stuff on was Jena.

Well poo poo.

Someday Jena will get a spec. change and you will be ahead of everyone.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

This patch is giving me an insufficient memory bug when I try to install it. Apparently this can be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling them game, but doing so would delete my account since I never linked it to anything. Guess I'm on an indefinite hiatus :toot:

Try deleting other apps you don't need. I've seen games take WAY more then their normal space during the download/decompress cycle. It does garbage data deletion after everything else is in order, so can over flow the space it would normally use.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Ezelek posted:

holy poo poo the absolute torrent of hate about this patch/pass in the Stove forums is just delicious to read.

I honestly don't understand what Smilegate managers/execs are doing. They are doubling down on the dumb lately.
Maybe they just want e7 to die so they can focus on Lost Ark or something? I sure hope not, this is the last gatcha game that gets me to log in every day without skipping.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah like... on its face I'm not mad at all about the idea of making unit skins a/the new monetization angle, but doing it at the same time you kneecap the epic pass? That's a bold loving move.

Oh, not complaining about the skin at all. The skin costs exactly the same 900 extra crystals over the pass as it did before.

I don't mind them charging $$$ for skins as I've mentioned in the discord. As long as it doesn't have stats, cosmetics is a great way for games to be funded. PoE and LoL are two good examples.

Nerfing the pass's rewards though, that's just dumb. We're gonna be in for another roller coaster of 'oops we're sorry, here's some free poo poo' then they'll make more dumb decisions.

Yolomancer posted:

What in the world. A 6* Seaside Bellona just soloed my entire team in PvP, consisting of 6* A. Mont and Vildred, 5* Axe God and Vivian. Her opening move instantly killed two Vildred and Axe God. Uhhh, is that normal? What the hell?

A high crit damage geared unit can absolutely murder a team if they don't have enough HPs. It's rare to see a green unit outright die to a blue unit though. Was there a defense break on him? Did she have an attack buff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I have half-decent gear and I got completely steamrolled by someone's solo BBK. My Luna outsped her by a hair, dropped her to like 40% with her ult, and then BBK was like "you are already dead" and cleaved my entire team in half.

Arena! :v:

The worst thing you could do is fail to kill a BBK.
Her stat buff based on lost health is ridiculously good.

I’ve had my BBK brought to a sliver of health, fully Dizzy debuffed , and watched the entire enemy team melt on the S3.