Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Tieria was good when the game launched a year ago, but about 2 months in she got nerfed pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

For people new to the thread/game this spreadsheet has a lot of useful information regarding ability coefficient and modifiers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aqL0Uj26PRW_jAUj8pYaSls_DOuFq30fvwQh8ol74-E/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true.

Regarding F Ceci, she is a top tier pvp unit but even the best defenses won't have more than 25-30% win rate at the highest levels, and there is no defense that can successfully defend against all offensive setups. There is also a huge gap in gear quality between peoples' defenses in challenger and the defenses in champion. I haven't made it to legend but I assume it jumps up again quite a lot.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

She is a pvp toy, if you are new I don't recommend pulling on her banner. Luna is really good if you don't have her already.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You get a really nice level 70 attack set from following the new player guide.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

I'm like two days away from getting my first 6*, hell yeah Luna here we come.

Don't 6* a unit until you reach the last step of adventurer's path.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

No thats the last step.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Novasol posted:

I'm now trying to assemble a wyvern 11 team because I really need better gear to push forward. Luna and Angelica are definitely going (working on getting them 6 starred), but I don't know who else is going. Who gets the other two slots? Options:
Yuna
T. Guard
Rose
Mistychain
Furious
Alexa
Coli

I also have Ken and Tamarinne, but, wrong element.

I would use Furious and TGuard. You need 55% effectiveness to max out your chances of applying debuffs in pve.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

BAM! Luna upgraded to 6* now. Got a couple of new heroes since this list, just Arowell, Armin, Merlissa, Schuri, Rose, Gunther, Enott some dog whose name I forget and a Taranor Guard (so 1x Royal 1x non-Royal).

What should be my next promotion to aim for? And what's the best Guild Wars teams I could be building out of those? I'm just letting it auto-create a team for me right now.

Make sure you always have at least 1 specialty change active (you can only have 2 active at a time.) Monty should be your first priority but after that you have a lot of options. If you care about pvp Roozid is great for baby's first speed team; Lorina is a really solid neutral dps that doesn't debuff (relevant in raid and abyss) but you might not need her since you already have Luna; Hazel pairs well with Melissa and you could even make a GW team of Roozid/Hazel/Melissa. Most of the other spec changes are niche but they do take some time so its good to get started on them asap.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Destina comes back around to being good once you start doing higher ranked pvp so its not a total waste. There are also stages in abyss where you might want two healers.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I don't even use a healer in Wyvern anymore. SSB, Luna, and Sigret just melt him while tywin tanks the first few hits.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ken only gets 10% of his max hp as flat damage in the damage calculation, so a 20k hp Ken gets 2k flat damage

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

If he stacked a bunch of hp but little attack it sounds about right after factoring damage reduction from defense.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Also possible that he didn't have a full set of gear equipped and the guy just forgot to change his defense. Feels like once every 3 guild wars or so I fight someone with no gear on their defense.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yolomancer posted:

Right on, thanks. I 6* A. Montmorancy first because I'm new to the game and I read a bunch of guides and a couple of them recommended 6* your main healer/support first. I figured I'd be using her in late game so it made sense. Also I haven't been very lucky with gear for my Vildred so his damage seems sub-par.

But I'll 6* him next at your advice since I don't have Time Matter.

And good insight into the specialty changes, I hadn't even considered that point. Hmm, would you change my composition at all then?

Put the lvl 70 attack set you get from Adventurer's path on Vildred and he should start wrecking stuff.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The team I use most of the time for arena is Ruele, Krau, Fallen Cecilia, and SSB. I rarely lose to defenses without healers and for stall teams I just bring Iseria/Tamarinne/Lillibet and then still Ruele for the last slot because she is a great tank and a lot of scary pvp units will target her.

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 25, 2019

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Sigret owns

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Arby is still one of the best units in the game overall, even with all the counters. If you don't have him that is who you should pick imo. Of the free ml 5 units, I would say the priority would be Arby > Ruele > Spectre Tene. Ruele is a very boring unit, but she is still hands down the best pure healer in the game for pvp and she can carry you quite far in regular arena, which is a great way for f2p players to get free crystals every week. I already had Arby and Ruele, but I went against my own prio list and picked ML Ken just for the cool husbando factor, and the fact that I don't have a good artifact to put on S Tene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The original story isn't that great but a lot of the side stories are fun. I don't really play the game anymore but I can say that being f2p is completely viable, I never spent a cent on the game and was able to get really high ranked in the different pvp modes. I was also able to get most of the heroes in the game, although I played since the game out until a few months ago. The game is generous with giving you summons and if you are smart about saving resources you can guarantee summon a hero you really want due to the pity system.