Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Is there a guide for which effects are affected by Immunity and which are affected by ER? Or heck just a guide to all the PVP-related mechanics? I get so confused when stuff doesn't work the way I expect.

For instance "remove buffs" and "reduce buff duration" are not affected by immunity. Otherwise they wouldn't be very useful. But I guess they are affected by ER, since I've had them resisted?

On the other hand "increase skill cooldown" is affected by immunity, but maybe not ER?

Finally -- I had a weird thing happen where the other team had skill nullifier and invincibility. I assumed invincibility didn't prevent attacks removing skill nullifier, because you can still debuff an invincible character. So I used an AOE attack and all characters except the healer lost their skill nullifier :confused: I attacked the remaining one again and they still had nullifier :confused: :confused: :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Hmm. Maybe skill nullifier fell off because I had used Straze's S2 then? And then the healer happened to 15% it?

Immunity thing explains why stripping felt so wonky for me. So they ER resisted the strip which prevented the other things being stripped. I guess.

Also fun fact I learned: you still deal damage if the opponent is invincible, they just don't take damage. This means lifesteal effects still work :confused: :confused:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

PVP builds are a lot different than PVE builds. As you've noticed, speed is pretty important -- almost all characters in PVP use speed set, speed boots or both, unless they actually want to be slow like certain counter builds. That's why 80% of the game is wyvern farming.

Generally, characters that are good for PVP do more than one job. F.Kluri is good because she tanks, strips buffs and has defense break. Angelica is good because she buffs, cleanses and heals (Although there are many better PVP healers).

Or, if they do one job, they at least do it extremely well.

Or if they're a hard counter for something.

One-dimensional damage dealers don't really have a place, especially ones squishy enough to die before they get a shot off.

It's also fine to pick and choose your matches. Some heroes are simply huge bastards if you don't have an appropriate counter. The win streak bonus isn't worth risking a loss.