Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

schmuckfeatures posted:

here's the worst thing about social media: it's made reality, real human interactions, get reduced to the level of a Youtube comments section.

wasn't too long ago that two idiots screaming at each other in a comments section on YouTube was just an easily dismissed distraction: a sideshow event where nobody needed to even look at the absurdity of it.

now that Facebook and Twitter have come along, and through some horrendous error of judgement, have been turned into something that mainstream media should repeat, we're now looking at every news article repeating what TARDFUCKER666 said about the latest developments in Palestine or some poo poo.

gently caress all that.

internet trolls are internet trolls, and one of the worst mistakes made in the last decade is the decision to take internet trolls seriously.

who the loving gently caress cares what some fuckwit says on twitter. who cares what justin loving trudeau wore to a party loving EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO.

the planet is loving dying due to our loving emissions and we can't have infinite growth on a finite planet.

we're going to go exctinct in about ten years so get some loving perspective. gently caress ALL THIS poo poo.

:frog:

This planet is finite, it's resources finite.

If blackface is allowed to continue unchecked... blackface will cease to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I declare Justin Trudeau.... CANCELLED!!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tane posted:

just lol if you give a poo poo about any of this

*Quickly grabs mic and motions cameraman to pan away*

Uhh... back to you in the studio, Bill!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

numberoneposter posted:

i dont think trudeau is a racists

but hes is a loving clown

Hey Canada, nice Prime Minister!

For a clown to serve as, at the circus!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

But how am I supposed to pull off my Mr. T costume if I can’t wear body paint? I don’t want to be a racist but I want a badass, foo pittyin’ halloween costume. So unfair that I, a white man, am oppressed in my recreational choices just because other people suffered centuries of political and economic oppression.

Political correctness gone mad!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Can we get the RGB and shader/intensity values already???

Really important to establish exactly what kind of brown/black and/or other "dark" mixture, possibly involving a "mocha blend" of the three primary colors was involved here. Just super important to nail this detail before continuing. I honestly don't see how we can have a debate without this information.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Lawyer: Mr. Colebridge, how long have you been the manager at the Sherwin Williams Paint in Vancouver?

Witness: Oh... about 18 years now sir.

Lawyer: And would you say that, as a result of your training and experience, that you are an expert in paint colors and color mixtures?

Witness: Yes sir, I would. Absolutely.

Lawyer: If it please the court your honor, I motion to have Mr. Colebridge's statements regarding paints and colors considered expert testimony.

Judge: Granted.

Lawyer: Now Mr. Colebridge, I'd like you to take a look at this photograph.

*Lawyer produces "Trudeau as Aladdin photo" and hands it to the witness*

Lawyer: Now, in your expert opinion Mr. Colebridge, is the paint on this man's face brown, or is it black.

Witness:
Neither, sir.

Lawyer: *stunned*... what?

*Judge leans forward, murmurs are heard around courtroom*

Witness: Without a doubt sir, this paint is "dark caramel". There is no mistaking it.

*Court erupts in commotion, multiple voices begin yelling, producing a cacophony*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MasBrillante posted:

Why is this a probe, Burt?

Probably because it a weirdly hostile reply, attacking someone who seemed to be earnestly trying to establish context.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Glenn Quebec posted:

Chomp cmon. We really need to have context of blackface being racist

Really

Mang, I know blackface aint good.

But the guy just wanted to know how it was perceived in Canada versus in the US. Things, even things we understand to bad everywhere, can still be very differently received in one country versus another. To me it didn't seem like he was defending it anyway, he just wanted to know how such things were viewed in Canada comparatively.

imo that's a legit post and not deserving of a "gently caress YOU" response.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

sticksy posted:

Is it Doubly Racist if for Halloween you wear blackface with your costume being a politician who wore blackface or does the racism cancel out because you're ridiculing them?

Wanna see someone do this and then, once someone asks them wtf, feverishly try to explain that the blackface they wore to the party is actually ironic and that their costume is that of a racist politician.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

Go even deeper and make it a costume for women: Sexy Blackface Politician

Ridicule two social ills at once!

Somewhere a Spirit Halloween manager's ears are tingling.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Saint Drogo posted:

yeah I get the impression he could wear it every day and still be the least racist option.

New campaign promise idea.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Milk come from udder, natures bag.

Should be served in bag, silly man.

Milk comes from jugs.

Drink from jugs.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Thinking hard about those jiggling milk bags.

Just big bags, filled with milk... jiggling...all round.

Pretty exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Excelzior posted:

can't believe trudeau admitted to drinking chocolate milk straight from the bag

It was actually mocha coffee.

The drink he was enjoying was Arabian, not African.