Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
but did he do a black voice with the black face? that's the crucial question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yeah i mean back in 1999 everyone was in blackface all the time, really

this is actually what the phrase 'party like it's 1999' means

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
wearing blackface 10-20 years ago 'might' have been considered racist then as well

or at the very least so spectacularly naive and ill-considered it reflects poorly regardless

i think justin likes to dress up in general, but there's no excuse for being so ridiculously out of touch especially when you're going to try to actually represent people

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

schmuckfeatures posted:

if there's any doubt i can provide my own yearbok photo where i was DEFINITELY NEVER dressed in blackface.

wait.... is this ralph northam?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i don't think he's racist in the sense that he hates people for the color of their skin

i think he's foolish and naive, which for a white person in power can have the effect of continuing entrenched racist polices