Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

It's America's greatest city. Inventor of Mother's Day, the suspension bridge, chewing gum, and the United States of America. It's full of high culture and low nonsense. It's the beating heart of America. Also it's the best city for breakfast bar none.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

its not that great will smith had to flee all the way to california to escape the gang violence

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I live in the Great State of Utah, should I visit Philadelphia? What should I see and do there to warrant a visit?

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's Always Sunny is a pretty good show, the first 8 seasons anyway.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tane posted:

its not that great will smith had to flee all the way to california to escape the gang violence

He only saw 1 street in West Philly before he left, quitter.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
shut the gently caress up op

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
voting... 3?!

Lets see where this goes about your toilet bowl so called city.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's America's greatest city.

This is true.

quote:

Also it's the best city for breakfast bar none.

I've had a lot of great breakfasts at places like Sabrina's and Honey's and N 3rd. I miss a lot of the food in that city. I haven't lived there in a decade though so I'm sure there are tons of newer places I'm unfamiliar with.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That city really poo poo up Tom Hanks p bad. Also they broke a bell and haven’t bothered to fix it for years. City of the hollow horse womb. They say it’s brotherly love but it means hollow horse womb.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah sounds like a great place

https://deadspin.com/eagles-fan-takes-enormous-bite-of-horse-poo poo-1822722419

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Edgar posted:

I live in the Great State of Utah, should I visit Philadelphia? What should I see and do there to warrant a visit?

You should eat all the different foods at Reading Terminal and look at the medical oddities at the Mutter Museum.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The only good thing about Philly are the cheesesteaks. The roast pork is good too.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I've had my fill of Philly

That said ★★★☆☆

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

phil a del phi a

knows how to partay

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

bell jar posted:

phil a del phi a

knows how to partay

Its signature drink is a shot of whiskey and a beer. You can get that anywhere in the city for a special price, even nice places. That lets you know Philadelphia is down to clown.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My wife worked at a Blockbuster in Philly when the Eagles went to the superbowl in 2004. They closed for before the game because they knew there'd be a riot regardless of the outcome.

Sounds a bit too like Vancouver to be the greatest American city.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

DiggityDoink posted:

The only good thing about Philly are the cheesesteaks. The roast pork is good too.

more like Philly tubesteak

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you come to Philadelphia I'll show you around the gayborhood but only if you stand as a buffer between me and the dudes who ceaselessly lust after me when I go there.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
:tastykake: what more do you need from a city, really?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

dee eight posted:

:tastykake: what more do you need from a city, really?

I've never had tasty cake despite the fact that I can drive 3 min to a phil chee steak place and by some.

Whta am I missing out?

e: on?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Linux Pirate posted:

I've never had tasty cake despite the fact that I can drive 3 min to a phil chee steak place and by some.

Whta am I missing out?

e: on?

not a loving thing if you've had a little debbie cake before. tasty cake is just philly trying to feel special

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Don't go there you'll get AIDS

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Edgar posted:

Philadelphia Museum of Art.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I got asked for documents to prove I was legally in the us to buy beer in Philadelphia lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

DiggityDoink posted:

not a loving thing if you've had a little debbie cake before. tasty cake is just philly trying to feel special

Tastycake was good before their new factory.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I saw Tom Green standup when I was there and there were a bunch of assholes who wouldn't stop heckling him. There are more potholes than people. I took an Amtrak there and the return trip was delayed 36 hours. I've tried a few cheesesteaks from different places and the only difference between the cheesesteaks in Philly vs everywhere else on earth is that they cost 2x in Philly.
On the plus side I smelled weed smoke everywhere. The Mutter museum loving rules. Overall three stars.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I loved their for 10 years and I still love the birds but overall it’s just a city like any other city and you can find something to love about any city, except Salt Lake City or Indianapolis

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1174345847338934273?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bust Rodd posted:

I loved their for 10 years and I still love the birds but overall it’s just a city like any other city and you can find something to love about any city, except Salt Lake City or Indianapolis

I remember finding SLC clean as hell

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Someone post the bill burr philly rant

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

I remember finding SLC clean as hell

Well it's owned and operated by a religious cult, alcohol, color tv, dancing, and spiced food is illegal, so it's hard for much to get messed up

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Someone post the bill burr philly rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bill Burr hating Philly and vice versa is sound judgement by both parties

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

For the record, I like both

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Philly is great and the people who hate it are usually Mets fans or racists

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

hahah "weed smoking, warehouse working disappointment to your mother-SEVEN MINUTES LEFT"

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Also Bill burr sucks rear end

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
That's the city that threw batteries at Santa Claus, right?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

oh dope posted:

That's the city that threw batteries at Santa Claus, right?

Yes. We also rioted in the streets when Obama won, and again when we won the World Series... and again when we won the Super Bowl.

I was in Carolina when the Super Bowl went off, and I stayed up refreshing twitter for like 4 hours to watch the riots unfold.

-10,000 people shut down a major highway by marching on it, chanting “gently caress Tom Brady”
-naked people surfing on cars downtown
-World War Z style human waves overtaking the giant iron gate to city hall
-stealing police horses to ride through the city
-knocking over a 30 ft tall highway light post
-police greasing streetlights so people couldn’t climb them
-people climbing police vehicles to get past the greasy parts so they could more easily climb street lights
-flipping a fire truck
-eating horse poop

This is how Philadelphia acts when it’s PROUD and it KNOWS you’re watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
City wides are the reason I had to quit drinking.