Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

The Dregs posted:

"Consious of class?"

Dobyou really think you're higher class than him because you hired him to do something you can't do yourself?

Do you really need to ask whether or not?

It's like in the US where welfare, employed, millionaires and different races don't mix, but they call it working class, etc... as explained on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

Just fuckin w ya. But it’s bs that women don’t get into trades more. Electrical, plumbing, etc all accessible for weenies like me. Good money too.

Here's one relating some interesting anecdotes.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cable-tech-dick-cheney-sex-dungeon_n_5c0ea571e4b06484c9fd4c21

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
it's considered polite to offer someone a beverage before hoovering their massive hog, real golfball through a garden hose style. just fuckin suck the skin off that bad boy, good on your parents for raising you right, OP.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

A few years back I was in the midst of a Cox nightmare and I was calling them every day that the problem wasn't fixed, making them send out their useless contractors twice a week. In the midst of this I had a fat goony looking fucker at the house first thing in the morning, and I was making my coffee so I generously offered to make him one, thinking these retards obviously needed all the help they can get. By the time I poured it and put some cream in it he was already ready to leave, having not tested the line or fixed anything and instead just redone the wall outlet, which had literally been done two days earlier by the previous inept contractor. He chugged it and fled. It was hot and I hope it burned all the way down. Lesson learned. Don't give those animals anything until the problem is fixed.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poverty goat posted:

A few years back I was in the midst of a Cock nightmare

Hell, same

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Mooseykins posted:

That's a blatent yes.

Did he have a white van?

it was off-white

in the end he wanted more than the £20 that had been agreed on which was an awkward moment as i had no extra £20 to give

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Should have given him a builders tea. They call it that because it builds good relationships I think

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

ulex minor posted:

Anyway I was wondering if folks in the US feel a similar need to offer coffee to the Mexicans who come round to mow your lawn. Or if there's some traditional beverage in Norway or South Africa etc. etc?

:yum: haha what

In California we tend to have lots of bottled water all over the place, so we usually offer that to anyone who enters our home. When it comes to hot beverages, people are more inclined to say yes if it's morning time and they see that the pot is already ready and don't want to bother any further. Tea's weird and considered more a holistic drink that makes tummy aches go away, so it's the equivalent of offering somebody cough medicine.

When it comes to laborers, we tend to offer and put out bottled water in a small cooler, sometimes without asking them if they want any, just here's some water drink up! If it's a big job that's gonna take most or all day, we usually buy them lunch from a local diner. Usually a cheeseburger, fries, and drink. The thing is, we don't ask, we just do, it's our custom. We don't ask if you're thirsty, we see that you're thirsty, and just bring you a water. I've mostly dealt with Latino laborers, most of which I didn't know, but it's always been the same thing, be friendly, put out water, count how many workers, bring back a family pack of burgers to feed everyone around 11:30am, go back to watching tv with my burger.

Also, regarding the Mexicans going around cutting lawns; it's a more structured system split up between lawn companies much like cable companies do. That way they have specific days when they'll be in the area. The idea of a small 1-person mowing business is real, but they have to worry about marketing and contracts, and also the extent of their skills. Can they set up or fix a sprinkler system? Does the lawn job include tree trimming? Then there's insurance to worry about.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
It sure would be a nice gesture to offer a beverage to all these thirsty posters OP.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

It sure would be a nice gesture to offer a beverage to all these thirsty posters OP.

mine's a TWAT - tea white and two (sugars)

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

I'd love some tea!

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
OP when you make tea do you use loose tea leaves in a teapot or just the lazy teabag in a mug?

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

Pickwick High posted:

mine's a TWAT - tea white and two (sugars)

Good Ol Filbert posted:

I'd love some tea!

i know enough about your country that you are selling a ruse filbert

but here, for you all

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

ulex minor posted:

i know enough about your country that you are selling a ruse filbert

but here, for you all

Ruse? Which ruse?

*slurps tea super loud*

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ulex minor posted:

it was off-white

in the end he wanted more than the £20 that had been agreed on which was an awkward moment as i had no extra £20 to give

lol what was he doing that was only going to cost you twenty quid? hammering down a couple of nails? i'm not surprised he wanted more, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Even masseuses won't leave the house for under $85, and sexy masseuses for under $150

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Mozi posted:

i don't watch contractors do their thing cause i know it bugs them but honestly i'm really interested in how they do what they do and if it were acceptable i'd just sit there and watch just out of curiosity

One trick is to hang a portrait on the wall where they're working and drill holes where the eyes are into the other side of the wall, then you can observe them by looking through the holes. I've done it myself many times, but make sure you hire a contractor to drill the holes so you don't destroy your house. I've done it myself many times.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Good Ol Filbert posted:

Even masseuses won't leave the house for under $85, and sexy masseuses for under $150

True, I'm a sexy masseuse and that's why I spend a lot of time indoors posting.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Grevling posted:

True, I'm a sexy masseuse and that's why I spend a lot of time indoors posting.

Some people just don't have the budget sometimes, y'know?

*whispers* That's why everybody tends to get stuck with Geronimo *Geronimo looks up from his phone*

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Uh.. was all this about you ordering pizza?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Good Ol Filbert posted:

Some people just don't have the budget sometimes, y'know?

*whispers* That's why everybody tends to get stuck with Geronimo *Geronimo looks up from his phone*

Will Green Bay Packers receiver Geronimo Allison suffice?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Offer to suck his dick op

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

bradzilla posted:

Offer to suck his dick op

ah, that explains the £20 actually

he was incredulous that OP didn't realise that the £20 charge came with an expectation of additional hospitality

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Remember when britain ruined China because they were too poor to just buy tea like normal people?

Dont Touch ME fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 23, 2019

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

Will Green Bay Packers receiver Geronimo Allison suffice?

He's a gorgeous man and deserves the full one fifty

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Watch the guy fix it and do it yourself next time. It's like paying for a lesson.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Mooey Cow posted:

One trick is to hang a portrait on the wall where they're working and drill holes where the eyes are into the other side of the wall, then you can observe them by looking through the holes. I've done it myself many times, but make sure you hire a contractor to drill the holes so you don't destroy your house. I've done it myself many times.

this is a good idea, i think i know just the portrait to use!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

this is a good idea, i think i know just the portrait to use!

Here's some trivia everyone knows,

in this painting (American Gothic), it's not a husband and wife, but a father and his daughter

(They are almost certainly loving each other though being farmers)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how's your "tradesman's entrance" today, op

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
literally threw a 15 pack of hot dogs down the hallway

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Hammerite posted:

lol what was he doing that was only going to cost you twenty quid? hammering down a couple of nails? i'm not surprised he wanted more, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed

oh gently caress i typed that all wrong

i meant to say he wanted £20 more on top of the original price we had agreed on

which also sounds ridiculous and i believe he was trying to push his luck after hearing my weak offer of making tea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Cut out the bottom of the tea cup and put your dick in it.