Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Unperson_47 posted:

Glad someone started a thread for this.

And I always pinch my barbs down - especially if I'm whipping them around on a fly rod.

Same, this thread is awesome. That Do-It website is blownig my mind right now. I'm also in the 100% pinch my barbs down and my dad always gives me poo poo for it but in all the years I've been doing it I haven't lost fish for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Wu Tang Bugger ain't nothing to gently caress with! Catching Record Exciting Actinopterygii, Mainly CREAM catch and release yall

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

That's a fantastic post! Beautiful work; thanks for sharing it.

This is great info, too. Fish behavior is so important to understand, but there is a lot of bad information out there and people run the risk of convincing themselves of things that aren't necessarily true and long-term gently caress themselves. Thanks for providing a quality source!

So in the past there has been some talk about the possibility of a traveling flybox and/or lure box. Would people participate if I started one?

A traveling fly box is such a good idea and I'm in agreement with the rest too.

Keep posting pics if you don't mind they're great!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Whoa are you making your own buzz bombs? Also kidney sinkers would probably be in my top 3 most purchased fishing related item, you're really making me want to get my own set up here. What do you use storm sinkers for?

Wait a sec could I make my own kastmaster spoons?!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I had a dream I found a 2 foot long feather that was a beautiful color I'd never seen before and I was excited to tie the perfect fly with it

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Yea those look really good

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Yooper posted:

inner for some added icing.

What the gently caress?!?!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

crazypeltast52 posted:

This should help me save money

:laugh: yes..... I'm saving I say as I open another package of bulk eyelets and 10 different colors of 500yd thread and a $25 tip top and 3 different color reel seets and and

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

Just bought a rod, anyone have any resource they could recommend for the basics? Casting, when to use which flies, etc, literally any video at all that ins't chock full of bullshit

The best advice you can get is just look up Bill Dance Bloopers on youtube and do everything he does, hes a pro

Most people dont realize how dangerous snakes falling out of trees on your head are for instance

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

There you go saving again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I made some things.

Seahorse lure with integrated swivel and blade. Pretty fuckin' fancy.

The things you're making there are giving me goosebumps they are so cool. That seahorse lure is particularly special