Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I know how to tie like 3 flies but I am looking forward to trying more now that I've inherited an actual bench!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Caught some trout on some ugly flies this last weekend, just proof they don't have to be pretty or perfect to work!

I'd be more than happy to participate in a traveling box. I don't know many patterns yet but I can tie plenty of them so everyone can get a few of each.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

Also, those of you looking for interesting/unique feathers may want to talk to the folks in the birb thread in PI. They might be willing to send out some feathers when their birbs molt if you paid for the shipping. Parrot feathers would mean some very interesting colors that you normally wouldn't have access to!

Also, do you have a video on how those gravedigger jig heads move in the water kobolds? Do they have an action like a square bill crankbait with that big ol lip?

Previous bird owner: Can confirm this is not a problem at all and many bird owners are happy to share the many, many colorful feathers that happen to be lying around the house. Generally they'll end up in the trash or a craft anyway.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I had a dream I found a 2 foot long feather that was a beautiful color I'd never seen before and I was excited to tie the perfect fly with it

Sounds like you need to find someone who has a macaw! They come in all sorts of colors and their tail feathers are easily over a foot long, sometimes two.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I'd say maybe just after the season? Sales are going on right now but with all the boxes on doorsteps it's the best time of year for porch pirates. I'd hate for the thread contributions to suddenly stop because it was my turn and whoever likes stealing boxes in my apartment complex happened to take the traveling flybox.

It mostly seems to happen over the holiday shopping times. If nothing else I could just wait for the New Year for it to be my turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Not yet, but I have some books and supplies and am planning on a duck hunt/pheasant hunt weekend coming up. Hoping to get some extra feathers for tying to bring back!