Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh god A-Set has an actual Youtube channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > AI: The Somnium Files - Goons? Internet, heavyset, A-Set!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Relin posted:

i think i lucked into the best route for story progression by chance, reveal order wise. all of the right, then upper left, then all the bottom stuff

i dont plan to play his other games (because i've heard about plotholes), but is getting the true ending as straight forward in other titles as in this?

Mostly. The latter two games in the Zero Escape trilogy have way more branches, and some of them involve taking passwords and such from one timeline into another. But I don't think you need to do anything too weird.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I made it to my first ending ----------------Lemniscate Receptionist timeline returns----------- lmao

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I wish they'd stop giving me the option to inspect objects whose description is just "It's a ___." And for that matter, I wish they'd stop making objects that are like two pixels wide.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

drat, there's a bit that "requires" knowledge of Cowboy Bebop. I mean, it isn't a huge deal, you'd waste at most an extra 10 seconds in the Somnium if you didn't know it, but still, lol.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I think I'm coming up on the ending soon; I just got to the big twist and I'm still stewing over whether or not it's going to be consistent on a review of the plot. But it does explain a lot of times when I went "wait, why is nobody mentioning this obvious weird thing?"

Anyway, how is this game tracking the time played? There is no way I've clocked 69 hours on this game; I'm not even sure if that much time has elapsed since I started playing it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Finished. (ending) I am very disappointed that not only were Kizuna's legs not healed by the power of song, but Hitomi's arm was retroactively unhealed from when the power of song healed her in the first game

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > AI: The Somnium Files: Nirvana Initiative -

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I don't remember "amnesia in every room" being a plot point at all. ZTD had a crappy core twist, and it wasn't sufficient as a finale for the story, but it's fine as just "another entry in the series". Uchikoshi's been somewhat teasing that he'd like to do another one so the disappointment is probably gonna be mitigated somewhat.

edit: vvvvv oh yeahhhh i guess i got injected by that bracelet too because i totally forgot

Argue fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Didn't realize it but the quiz at the start of the game has a ton of responses for various wrong answers, including: giving their last names instead of their first names, naming "kaniza", and inputting a bunch of obscure first names from the series. I'm too lazy to check myself but has anyone tried putting in Zero Escape character names?