Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Same thing happened with zero time dilemma, I feel bad for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Was Dahlia ever explained? Just a little confused why he used that instead of Uru

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Dang, guess I expected some heavy handed exposition with regard to that, but its cool that they wanted you to make those connections yourself.

I finished the game last night and I basically agree with everything thats been said and I feel like it's not as memorable. Being more focused on characters and their relationships is cool but not as impactful. The twist is some M Night Shamalyn level of "oh i see" and didn't really change the dynamic or anything compared to AI1.

I do gotta say the best things are Iris's wink psynchs and the rail gun.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I think someone already went over it but the somniums in AI2 were just trial and error and didn't really go into the whole dream logic thing the way the first game did, which was so unique.

Also, Uru's being escape rooms made me feel kinda like them experimenting with zero escape style rooms in 3d space so I hope he works on another thing instead of AI3. I think I'm good on jpop endings now, even though I loved the bit with Lien.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

if you forget that it's supposed to be the final game and don't expect it to wrap up anything from vlr, ztd is actually really fun in an over the top way

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I will admit I haven't played vlr or ztd since launch, I just have it in my head that I enjoyed them at the time. I think i'm going to replay them, there's a lot I don't remember. Time to rediscover why two milkmen went comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

he loving owns