Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

JustJeff88 posted:

Surprised to hear that; it's been 8-10 years since the last ones. I really enjoyed the Legends trilogy, but I recently reread the War of Souls and it mostly just confused me. I'm hypersensitive to plot holes, unfortunately.

Weis & Hickman had a lawsuit against Wizards of the Coast, which was dismissed without prejudice and suddenly WotC announced new Dragonlance books.

TSR/WotC have had this weird love/hate thing with Weis & Hickman for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bony-Eared Assfish
Oct 4, 2018

Evil Fluffy posted:

Reminder that new Dragonlance novels are in the works. I would love to see Beamdog take their reverse-engineered infinity engine and make some Dragonlance games since the cowards at Bioware never did. :argh:

Hell, they'd have a solid starting point, I mean, the first serious modding tool for Baldur's Gate series was the Dragon Lance Total Conversion Editing Program. They even released a demo that had about an hour+ of gameplay.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I am pretty sure that as a child I beat Secret of the Silver Blades more than any other Gold Box game. I really liked it for some reason.

This should probably have been a sign of what was to come. :ohdear:

(Of course I had the hint books so it wasn't like I was flying blind.)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Okay I know I say this a lot but this thread isn't dead. More traveling this week completely nuked the update I had planned.

Not necessarily needed a response since I say it a lot but I have to keep bumping during these long dry spells so I don't Paper Sorceror this.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's all cool!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Narrator: They Paper Sorceror'd this LP.

Little bit of a C/P here from another thread, and I know it's sudden. But, after ten years, I'm leaving the Something Awful forums tonight. I've been pretty vocal about my criticisms of the admin staff even after the wifebeating piece of poo poo owner Lowtax was kicked out, and reinstating FYAD and letting a transphobe back on the board because they apologized to someone, somewhere, and then pinkie swore never to do it again hasn't helped. (Doubly so since I came out as nonbinary soon after.) I find myself looking around the forums and not laughing at things I did five years ago. I think I'm tired of cruelty based humor. Maybe I've grown up some, or at least grown old.

At any rate, this LP ran out of material riiiiight around the time I left the loving lens cap on OBS for about 20% of Blades, which is why we had the brief time hiccup. So, it was probably doomed anyway :v: I want to thank you all so, so much for all your support and readership over this last decade oh god did I type that right yes I've been doing this for ten years aaaaaaa. FFL1 gave me back my ability to write for an audience during a dark time, and it all took off from there. I mean, y'all (Randalor specifically) gave me a clock. A loving clock! For writing video game jokes! I defy anyone to get a cooler fanbase than that. Also, never forget that these are your characters, too. Literally! All the FFL 1 & 2 LP crew were original concepts from first/second page posters. I just took the ball and ran with it.

If you're still interested in reading my LPs, grab yourself a Bread 'n Roses account, because I'm finally loving doing Bard's Tale. (Yeah, that's right, I plugged an offsite. It's not like I have any reason to worry about it now lmao.) I don't care if it's to an audience of 7, I'm doing Bard's Tale anyway. Why? Christ, I don't know. I've been trying to figure that out for years. Still haven't.

In summary: if the characters I've written have ever given you laughter, joy, or even pause for thought, then I can retire from SA'S LP forums knowing I did my goddamn job. It's been a hell of ride. Thanks, everyone, and take care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Denouement: Where Are They Now

And so, the All-Stars found an important ally in the Taarakian named Vala.

quote:

Vala. You son of a bitch.

:hai:

:hai:

Sadly, the budget would run out soon after, and they would be forced to do a summary wrap-up. They located the Dread Lord and defeated him, only to discover...

quote:

*bzzzzzzzzzt*

What the—he's a robot?

Omigod! The person controlling him must be around here!

Quick, search for anything unusual!

Or I could just headbutt this wall until it falls down.

Right, like I said.

I think they're onto you, Frank.

Well, poo poo.

After lightning bolting Frank and his brethren into oblivion, the party would banish the abomination back to his realm and save New Verdigris. Nevertheless, they were still left without a way home. They regrouped at New Phlan to discuss their options with Mayor Sasha...

quote:

Well, hey! You've done okay for yourself, toots.

Thanks. For once, I feel like things are going well. We've really turned the corner.

...does anybody else hear that?

Hmm. Yeah, I do!

Is that... is that the Liberty Bell March?

Well, I wouldn't say I'm shocked.

:cripes:

...only to discover Bane himself was not pleased with their antics. Elminster the Sage would intervene, pulling them safely into Limbo.

quote:

...so, that's the long and the short of it. We need to beat all of Bane's liutenants using this interdimensional pocket as a base, or the land will be blighted in darkness forever.

Hmm. You say this place has access to every dimension?

Yup. Any place you can possibly imagine.

CYAAAAAS

*bamf*

Well, at least I can count on you, Shanna.

CYAAAAAS

*bamf*

OH COME ON

Don't sweat it, I saw this coming a mile away. Here, take this amulet. It'll restore all your powers.

Oh neato! Still can't do this myself, though.

No worries. I got that covered too.

Hells yeah!

And that's the story, of how Urtosuki and Rezen saved the entire Forgotten Realms.

Shanna would return home to Aliahan, checking in on her former companions.

quote:

Embezzling. You were arrested for embezzled in your own town. The one you started yourself.

Well. I wouldn't say arrested so much as overthrown.

By who?

Time for your dinner, capitalist swine!

That's an answer I probably should've guessed.

Meanwhile, Erika would chase the Archfield Zoma into Alefgard. After a hard fought victory, the passage back to her homeland would be sealed, leaving her forever trapped. Nevertheless, generations to come would remember her...

quote:

...and for thy deeds, the entire land wilt remember you, celebrating both thee and thy descendants.

Hooray.

Thou shalt also receive a new name befitting thy courage, Eric.

Erika! It's Erika!

What? What is that? Erdrick? A fine suggestion. All hail the hero Erdrick!

ARGH

Like Shanna, Justine would return home, looking for her family after her long adventure.

quote:

loving finally. Aldo, keep a rocket rifle in the lab for me. The next time I hear that goddamn scraping noise, I'm gonna shoot first and ask questions never.

Good thing I know a guy!

Oh, for the love of... all of these chemicals are expired! Where the hell is Nico? He should've been picking up the slack while I was gone.

Last I heard, he was seeing Alyssa off for a work trip. Maybe he got held up at the space station?

Rezen, having saved yet another world, would do the same...

quote:

VWORP VWORP

Hey, everybody! I'm finally back!

Oh, hey, Rez. Glad you're still in one piece.

Ryzen? Where's Elly?

Promise me you won't get mad.

...only to discover some complications.

quote:

ELLY WHY ARE THEY SHOOTING AT US WHAT DID YOU DO

WHO CARES JUST KEEP FIRING BACK

Sara! Zero! Take cover!

:derp:

Trog has always wonder: is him or friends?

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION

Is friends, thinking.

Heather would find her way back to DONG's Final Dungeon, where she resumed her former iron-fisted dictatorship.

quote:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING STOP IT STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Aw.

:mad:

Having finally escaped the Librum Claustrum, the Four Assholes of the Apocalypse would go their separate ways. Frank would flip on Llewyn in exchange for amnesty for himself and Vlad, which is good, because Vlad folded like a cheap suit without any bargaining.

quote:

Here's the ledgers. You can bury 'em with this.

Excellent. We'll still need to put you in witness protection until you can testify.

Already got you covered.

Released from any legal consequences, Vlad would return home to his Canadian sorceress girlfriend.

quote:

Hey, sweetie! I'm back!

Don't give me that "hey sweetie" bullshit. What'd you do this time?

Well, there was this interdimensional god of evil, and—

That was rhetorical, I don't actually care. Also, you need to take out the garbage.

:smith:

Willow would settle down with the Spirit of the Book, and with all the Librum Clastrum's prisoners as their minions, they would easily subjugate the land that trapped them in their leatherbound prison.

quote:

Hey hey, check it out! Vlad sent us a wedding invitation!

Oh, how nice! He and Llewella are finally getting married.

Man. If you'd asked me which one of us was gonna get hitched first, I wouldn't have even thought Vlad was in the running.

Maybe he won't be... the only one?

Well, I do like it. I guess I'm obligated to put a ring on it?

:shobon:

Hanover and Sternn, free to do whatever they want with the humongous pile of gold coins they stole from the rest of the party, set a land speed record for getting arrested by the Federation.

quote:

Do I even need to go through all this? You know the drill by now.

Your honor, the defense would like to call Hanover Fiste.

No! We're not doing this again!

HE'S NOTHING BUT A LYING LOW DOWN—oh. Dang.

Why do I even work for yoos guys?

I'unno. That huge sack of gold we gave you?

Okay, I'm just going to assume "not guilty" here. Bail is denied because of the five thousand times you've already escaped. Next case.

Docket number 69420-LOL. People vs. Llewyn the Sorcerer.

Mr. The Sorcerer—

Call me Llewyn. Mr. The Sorcerer was my dad.

Sure, why not. Llewyn, you stand accused of *puts on glasses and peers* all the crimes. That's what it says here: "all the crimes." How do you plead?

Up yours.

I... don't think that's an option. Defendant pleads not guilty, bail is also denied.

Psst. Hey.

?

50 zooleks says you can't break us out in less than an hour.

Oh man. Easiest 50 zooleks we're ever gonna make.

True to his word, Sternn would spend approximately 3.1 seconds inside of a cell before all three of them were in the wind.

quote:

All done! Hand over the cash.

I don't even know what zooleks are, you dope.

Wha—

SEE YAS

*bamf*

...I swear I've seen that guy somewhere before.

Who cares? I found a sack full of diamonds in his personal belongings.

Score.

Thus, a rivalry began that lasts to this very day.

And now you know... the rest of the story. Good night, Chokesverse, good luck, and gods bless.

Wait. I feel like I missed something.

No, that's it

And the adventure continues...

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Sorry to see you go, but wishing you all the best. (I'd personally suggest another forum as an alternative/supplement to B&R, if you end up looking for a more familiar audience.)

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 8, 2021

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Chokes McGee posted:

Narrator: They Paper Sorceror'd this LP.

Little bit of a C/P here from another thread, and I know it's sudden. But, after ten years, I'm leaving the Something Awful forums tonight. I've been pretty vocal about my criticisms of the admin staff even after the wifebeating piece of poo poo owner Lowtax was kicked out, and reinstating FYAD and letting a transphobe back on the board because they apologized to someone, somewhere, and then pinkie swore never to do it again hasn't helped. (Doubly so since I came out as nonbinary soon after.) I find myself looking around the forums and not laughing at things I did five years ago. I think I'm tired of cruelty based humor. Maybe I've grown up some, or at least grown old.

Sorry to see you go, really enjoyed your LPs and can understand where you're coming from with this - it's why I mostly just post in BYOB.

Wishing you all the best and hope that wherever you end up things get better for you and yours.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Farewell

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I always got the idea there was more going on in your LPs than I ever care to know about… Fare thee well, I guess. Thanks for the entertainment.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yeah that other place that has the paywall.

I'll think about it after work because while I'm pretty sure Id was the reason I got an account here, your work would be good enough to give some other random idiot money.

...I still need to sit down and read your drat book too.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Sad but totally understandable. Thank you for all of the excellent and hilarious LPs you've given us over the years, and thank you for the closing note instead of simply walking away.

You're good people, Chokes McGee.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thank you for all your work over the years. It's been a pleasure reading it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It was a hell of a ride, amd I hope you all the best. That being said, I've already bookmarked your thread on B&R not-LP page.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Thanks for all the good funny stuff here and the good serious stuff in other threads. Like others have said, it's a sad but understandable decision and I wish you all the best.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I'm only really familiar with you from this thread, but sorry to see you leave. This LP was fun while it lasted, thanks.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all your works over the years Chokes, your LPs have been some of my absolute favorite and some of these characters you've created have will live rent-free in my head for years to come.

Whatever you end up doing though, keep writing! You're great at it, and wherever you decide to work on will find its audience.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Thank you, Chokes, for the hours of entertainment you've provided!

And godspeed on your journey to whatever is next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Thanks for everything, Chokes. Best of luck in your new endeavours.

I am unlikely to follow you to your new home, but the Internet is large, and who knows what the future may bring?