Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Chinese characters clearly aren't voiced by native Chinese speakers and Mickey was just mumbling gibberish. The City Wok guy is meant to be a racist depiction but here I think they literally just don't care.

That aside these two episodes had zero laughs. The fingerbang stuff felt like bad fan fic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Zero One posted:

Was it maybe a subtle joke that Mickey can't speak Chinese?
I don’t think so. The voice actor sounded like a typical white guy following a phonetic script (poorly).

It’s nice that South Park is calling out Hollywood’s acquiescence to China’s censorship. But I don’t understand why they need to frame this season around Tegridy Farms. It makes the plot lines seem somewhat unfocused. Not sure what I’m supposed to get out of Randy’s shenanigans.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Scooter_McCabe posted:

They have been killing someone in horrible ways at least once a season since 2000, this is nothing new.
That’s kind of the point being made, I think

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The best version of Randy was in The Losing Edge. I got into South Park really late and that was one of my first episodes. It's a classic.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love the detectives though. I can remember a ton of good episodes featuring them. Toilet paper episode was a classic, as was the junior detectives one.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Oh yeah it was

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

New episode needed more jokes

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Can't fault them for taking all that cash but I'm pretty sure whatever they make next will continue to erode what's left of South Park's legacy

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

To me the South Park feud against Family Guy seems so childish in retrospect. It was entirely one-sided and no one cared about it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Their take on Chapelle is pretty much what you’d expect from two guys whose careers are built on saying whatever they want. Could be a lot worse, I guess.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Loved the episode. Structurally it was super similar to the older episodes. The jokes were punchy. The gaslighting over Token/Tolkien was a clever way to rehabilitate a character whose name used to be an edgy, racist joke. I’ve really tuned out of the show in recent years but I’d love to get back into a South Park that finds funny ways to refresh its legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah this was about half a good episode. Cartman’s mom and the town council felt very unnecessary. Some funny stuff though.