Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I always look forward to SP, I just hope we see less of the Cartman/Heidi and PC Principal/Strong Woman subplots. The latter seemed to have the two accept what they'd done toward the end of the season, so maybe they'll let it go.

I also wish they'd figure out a fun plot like the Amazon/Bezos thing and let it ride over several episodes as opposed to putting it at the end of the season and running out of runway to keep going with it.

Hope springs eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I groaned when I saw they were starting with Tegridy Farms, but laughed at the various methods Randy employed for the farm tour.

Did they just run the theme music and then have like a 6-7 minute block of commercials or was there a cold open?

e- Have we had a vengeful Randy Marsh Adventure yet?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 26, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This had its moments. The Tegridy Farms plot was weak. Cartman in the detention center was annoying but Santa doesn't come, for me. Santa no esta, aqui made me laugh.

Mexican Joker hit the spot since it feels like we just had a Joker movie, yet are getting another.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

They missed an opportunity for a callback in Stan sending Cartman to the ICE facility.

"They somehow found out my name was Eric Cartmenez".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

NEW YORK, September 30, 2019 – Randy sees an opportunity for TEGRIDY in China in the newest episode of South Park titled, “Band in China” airing on Wednesday, October 2 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Randy lands himself in big trouble on a visit to China. Meanwhile, Stan starts a band to work out his frustration over having to move away from South Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXCAjyqJutA

SP taking Randy and trying to give him a folksy twang because he's got 'tegridy now feels like kind of a lame adaptation to the character...until he comes off it when he's startled.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Alright, look, I don't mind the Randy Marsh Adventures (sometimes) if they're isolated, but I don't know if I can do an entire season's worth.

You know what I could do an entire season's worth of, though? Stan Marsh Death Metal. :tviv:

e- This flight. :laffo:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 3, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Shitenshi posted:

I thought Kenny would be the lead singer in the death metal band since he's a Lovecraftian abomination and all.

Kinda bummed Butters doesn't growl, too.

e- Dear God, Randy, Winnie the Pooh, and Piglet in a Chinese hard labor camp. I already love this plot.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 3, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Zero One posted:

Mickey is always a great guest star

OH poo poo

Mother of God, now Fingerbang?

e- I wondered how it was 1984.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think the Randy plot fit together very well. Like it goes from Randy appearing before judges with Pooh and Piglet in prison, to the next China scene all of them are out and getting chewed out by Mickey. And then Randy wants to help Mickey for some reason. And somehow him killing Pooh makes them ok with him selling weed there.

It felt to me like they were trying to make Randy in the hard labor camp be a funny thing but then wanted him to be able to talk his way out of prison usin' good ol' 'Merican Tegridy. Randy, from time to time, has been overly eager to be part of something and goes to great lengths to do it, so whoring himself out to Mickey for his own gain kind of fits.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

China gonna get stomped at the sarcastaball world championships

But will the US get to play them in dodgeball?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The alternate title sequence was funny once, but is already old.

South Park appears to be taking on anti-vaxxers. They've got a great opportunity here and I hope they don't gently caress it up.

E- God drat, they'd better be going somewhere with this greased up pig Cartman thing. It feels like it's going to be a lame ripoff of "Tsst".

E2- yeah, we did this already.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 10, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Crazy Dastard posted:

I concur though that while they did develop his mom to actually stand up to her son (like she did in "Tsst") they also backslid her to spoil him again by freeing him from the round-up.

She was actually letting him take a toy out of the toy box each time he DIDN'T get the shot, then freed him from the rodeo, but denied him a toy after she did.

Didn't they develop her even more in the iPad episode where she stood up to him? That would be a further backslide from that and Tsst.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But the shot made his mom Artistic. Clearly a danger.

I totally missed it. I thought it was just that the shot had made her extremely mellow.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jiro posted:

Tegridy burgers chock full of Tegridy is a Randy thing to do.

I can't believe this isn't a thing already, come to think of it.

...and it probably will be now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tastes Like poo poo.
You Won't Care.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, the official website shows more episodes after this. This is just Randy's personal finale.

Thank gently caress.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Pretty interesting press release this week... Seems tegrity farms is in fact done for the season. And in it's place is a new South Park series...

Episode 2307 “Board Girls” Press Release
Categorized Under: Episode
AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

——–
All-New Season 23 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
——–
NEW YORK, November 11, 2019 – The Annual Strong Woman Competition pushes everyone to their limits in the all-new episodes titled, “Board Girls” airing on Wednesday, November 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

In the season opener, an even stronger woman causes big problems for PC Principal. Cartman, Stan, and the rest of the boys meet their match when some of the girls join their board gamers club.

Also of note, Stan is wearing his normal jacket instead of the hemp shirt.

Please, God, don't let this season end with a Strong Woman/PC Principal arc...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I know I posted with dread about a Strong Woman Arc, but I can't wait to see where they go with Not Randy Savage Who Identifies as Female.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Episode 2308 “Turd Burglars” Press Release

NEW YORK, November 24, 2019 – Kyle and Ike are desperate to keep a lid on their mom’s medical condition in the newest episode of South Park titled, “Turd Burglars”” airing on Wednesday, November 27 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Hey, this sounds like it could be an old school episode like in the first 10 or so seasons!

quote:

Kyle’s mom looks so good after her fecal transplant that everyone wants to get their hands on her goods. Cartman and the boys jump into the quest for the best microbiome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8USOd7Hhk4

...aaaaaaaand, it's gone. Can't wait to see what commentary they attempt to make with this.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

This is like the last several seasons of Archer, but in one episode spurts instead of running every gag version of the show into the ground.

Tegridy Farms was half this season plus part of last.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This was fun and felt like a classic episode but they ran the four-hour service window joke into the ground. I was also hoping they might make a reference to the fact that, with all the streaming services available, it's gettng to the point where cable might be cheaper in spite of the fact the customer service sucks and you can't go five minutes without a commercial promoting the reboot of Mad About You.

I loved the callbacks to PC Babies, Crab People, and the jewelry show. I also liked the subtle joke that Terrance and Phillip had been on for 23 seasons.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 6, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Not really a fan of that episode the Tegridy Farms storyline.

I'm hoping we never hear Randy with a forced, folksy twang....evur agiiiiiiiiiiiin.

The season-long plots with continuity could be fun if done right, but none of them are. Gerald the Troll, Cartman/Heidi, Tegridy Farms (how do you gently caress up a season-long Randy Marsh Adventure?). They all sucked.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Why is South Park trending today?

Do I even want to know?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Where is South Park when we need it?

I'd like to think they would be able to skewer everything that's gone on since the last post was made in this thread in epic fashion next season, but I've already resigned myself to the fact that we're going to get a season of Randy and Towelie trying to use weed as a cure for Coronavirus and the Detective being used for some metaphor about the police when they already have an idiot policeman right there with Officer Barbrady.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Which episode saw the town turn on the police force only to come crawling back when the homeless overran their Whole Foods, at which point the cops taunted Randy and the locals on their 911 call? I could see that attitude of "WE HATE THE POLICE except when our interests are being affected" being revisited.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Knee posted:

Was it:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5113840/?ref_=ttep_ep7

S19, Ep7

11 Nov. 2015
Naughty Ninjas

The ever more PC citizens of South Park decide that they no longer need a police force. As the first American town to get rid of their cops, they plan to celebrate their advanced sensibilities with a PC Carnival.

The kids pretend to be ninjas, everyone thinks they're ISIS, etc.

Edit: Yup, it's this one. It's on as I'm posting. The whole city just gathered in front of the police station to party and blaring "gently caress the Police." Next day, homeless all over the Wholefoods parking lot passed out.

It's the same episode that Officer Barbrady (sp?) shoots kids.

It's not a 911 call, they all go over to the station to apologize and the cops are getting ready to have a Hawaiian Lūʻau. "Who was it that said gently caress the police? Oh right, it was YOU guys."

That's the one. I'd love to see them tackle that again. "gently caress THE POLICE until we actually need you because you can defend our conveniences and interests, at which point you're not so bad."

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 8, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tegridy Farms 2020 Special. :suicide:

I've never seen a YT video which was 30 seconds long and had a 20 second "CLICK HERE FOR MORE CRAP!" outro.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It really doesn't seem like they are doing anything to promote it being the start of the season. And it also seems the pandemic special is actually airing at 8PM for some reason. Pretty confident at this point that this is going to be a 1 off 1 hour episode and Season 24 will come at some point in the spring...

I thought I saw it started at 10 and was surprised to see on my cable box it's apparently been on twice already.

This feels like it has so much potential, yet could just as easily be garbage. Hopefully, we're getting the Tegridy Farms poo poo out of the way.

E- I miss overindulgent Randy who would get in fights with parents at baseball games, not arrogant dick Randy.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 1, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Quite a bit of The Randy Marsh Adventures leading up to the last couple of seasons involved him overindulging in something, be it weed, cooking, or fighting other parents at baseball games. He's still overindulging only, instead of being one off episodes, they've turned it into a primary plot and made him narcissistic and psychotic.

It's tired.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It felt like they introduced the detective and the new cops right around the time the show tried to become, for lack of a better term, more intelligent. Instead of having "idiot cop", they had to have "gritty, grizzled, overzealous, hard-nosed veteran of the Force". Or something. All I know is it's one of the things they feel like they've over done in the last decade or so

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

yesssss.

QAnon is perfect for a south park special.

Just as long as the plot isn't "Randy gains a batch of vaccines and adds his secret ingredient: :420: while discovering QAnon and overindulging in its insanity".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Come for the South Park, brace for the potential lame message-sending and storylines from the continuity era.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

^^ I saw it and it was definitely different, though it felt more like a dig at the recent news about Pepe Le Pew and the Doctor Seuss books.

It feels like South Park, in its own unique way, is either sarcastically or seriously acknowledging they've done bad caricatures of groups before but, rather than do the "whitewash it and pretend it didn't happen, YAY NOW EVERYONE FEELS BETTER, WE'RE WOKE!" thing, is saying they're going to learn from it.

The first 26 minutes of this have been much better than the last few seasons combined.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 11, 2021

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Fair. I don't live in the U.S., and haven't in well over a decade, so I couldn't tell you the last time I actually saw American TV news.

FOX News is basically state-run propaganda at this point, especially the opinion hosts.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I just hope we get away from continuity and back to the old style of standalone episodes. Between skankhunt, the Cartman/Heidi storyline which felt like it existed because somebody on the writing staff had just gotten dumped, and Tegridy Farms, I can't think of any of the full season plots I've actually liked.

e- Oh, and PC Principal and his subordinate, Strong Woman, do a no-no and spend two seasons unable to handle it because office romances are totally un-PC, bro. I'd tried to suppress that one.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 5, 2021

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well the 1st South Park Special / Movie thing is coming on Thanksgiving... but it's only on Paramount +. No info on a new season as far as I know.

South Park - Post Covid with adult Kyle and Stan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhVsTHZvOPw

This...doesn't look good.

I'd like to see a few things out of Trey and Matt. South Park: All Grow'd Up isn't one of them.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm about 10 minutes into this because I found it on YouTube (just search the title of the special and there's a burn on there which does the "zoom in and out to try and avoid a copyright strike" thing) before they pull it; I'm not signing up for P+ for this.

There have been a couple chuckles but, beyond that, this sucks so far. I'm interested to see where Cartman being Jewish to the point of being obnoxious is going to lead.

e- This had some fun gags like Stan's waifu, Kenny's speech being cut off by the interviewer/muffled by a mask, making digs at cryptocurrency, Strong Woman now with a new guy who's a minority, but Stan is a dick now and Randy is an even bigger dick than before fell flat and the constant "IT'S THE FUTURE" and everything PLUS felt like it was run into the ground.

Randy being the cause of COVID is on-brand.

You can tell about 5 minutes from the end that they're setting things up for a sequel, which I probably won't watch. This almost felt like it could've been a video game. Many of the explanations felt like setups for missions.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 25, 2021

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

sure okay posted:

They're not gay, and have said so many times to anyone who will listen

But it literally doesn't matter. Not to the the other characters around them, and I guess not to the audience either!

Small White Dragon posted:

Hm, I don't think Tweek ever denies it. Craig gets upset, but only until his seemingly homophobic father accepts him for being gay.

That particular episode, of course, leaves things very ambiguous.
Maybe they're just really close friends?
Maybe they actually had feelings for each other?
Maybe one of them had feelings for the other?
Maybe they were both gay and the town just decided to fix the two gay kids up?

...But that said, you should play the game and watch some of the later episodes, because they sure to care an awful lot about their relationship after the rest of the town stops caring and Craig can be sickeningly sweet with Tweek in private.

The feeling I got was the Yaoi art was the only fuel that they were gay just in time for South Park to try to become progressive, so the town went all in on it to help their image and, when they staged the fake breakup to their fake relationship, it bummed the town out so much that they just continue to go along with it. It's then awkwardly shoehorned into a subplot later in the series.

It felt like the message was "people should be gay not because they are, but because it will make everyone else happy", which didn't feel on brand for South Park.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Agreeing with the posters who thought the Jimmy stuff was a bit eh. Also thought the police shutdown / nanny state logic was a bit nonsensical too tbh.

Most Jimmy stuff is a bit eh.

lezard_valeth posted:

I liked the "Cartman being jewish" schtick, but I don't see them landing the punchline.

If it was a "40 year in the making" plan to gently caress with Kyle, he's already done that multiple times
If it's genuine, idk where they can go with it.

This is an extremely nitpicky viewpoint, I'll fully admit, but the 40 years aged Cartman is the least convincing of all of them. He just doesn't look...right.

Like I could buy virtually all of the other aged versions of the kids, but he doesn't even look like he's from the same show.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

“haha gently caress it Tegridy Weed is the answer again since we know you guys are sick of it”.

This is a relief to me because I figured I was one of the few people who hated the continued use of Tegridy Farms to try to make seasons move along.