Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's more funny because China went crazy about censoring this meme to the point of the entire Winnie the Pooh franchise in any context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

If it wasn't drugs I'm pretty sure Towelie would be a spooge rag for, like, grocery money. He's just that kind of towel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They kinda almost get there since there's definitely a thing of privileged bullies who use progressive social issues as a bludgeon to exclusively target people weaker than they are while being utterly impotent in the face of anyone with actual power (see Garrison-Trump) but stumble at the finish line in actually picking their battles and falling into the same trap of not correctly determining who actually has the power in a situation, let alone the moral high ground.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I feel it's missing the forest for the trees in that organised sports is kinda hosed up as an institution.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Waltzing Along posted:

I think this is the biggest problem with the show currently. They don't want to work. 10 weeks over a 12 week stretch is all they want to do. I don't think any other TV show ever invested so little time in production.

Trey is incredibly talented and was able to do this for years but the well has pretty clearly run dry. They need to go back to basics and actually spend time on each script. I mean, if they want to be great again.

Kinda strikes me as the opposite of Venture Bros.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

TheFattestPat posted:

That video was supposed to be from a moderate perspective? That guy dressing up like an angry lesbian is really not helping.

Women certainly do have to put up with a lot of crap from men, and now their athletics aren't safe anymore. They can't even complain about it without being labeled as toxic bigots in the current year.

Trans women are women. This is not up for debate. Women have demonstrably more to fear from the people who are 'critical' of trans people than from trans people themselves.

That said, blue hair has a bad reputation for a reason, generally usually ending up to be spoiled trust fund kids who start running to Republicans wanting common-sense bipartisanship at best the moment their money is threatened.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Same way there's 'debate' over whether black people are human or women deserve rights. One side is only bigotry and leads only to misery.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Majorian posted:

Yeah, it's this. It has less to do with the girls being smarter, and more to do with Cartman being a stupid lazy entitled piece of garbage.

It's a bit funny since paying attention you can actually see why the friends keep Cartman around; he's usually the one taking the initiative and doing the organising for games and events like the fantasy LARP, though he tends to stop putting in effort when it's no longer interesting to him and/or doesn't get him the attention he likes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ironically South Park already did the apropos thing in the Special Olympics episode where Cartman pretends to be retarded to get in but he's so fat and out of shape he performs terribly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

Look when people read “I have never thought Family Guy was good” on a web forum it automatically tells us everything we need to know about you and makes us wonder why you’d be posting in a thread for a show you haven’t liked in apparently 20 years. Coming off as “too smart for cartoons” or whatever is just cringey as gently caress dawg.

If you don’t think any of the last five seasons of South Park are good then the show is not for you any more, but millions of people are still laughing

You could literally say the same thing about the Simpsons.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Doltos posted:

The guys in the show act the same way. That's the point.

Also in real life.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ManBearPig specifically shows up in The Stick of Truth as an imaginary creature. And the followup episode specifically has Al Gore go 'I gave up and moved on with my life just like you told me to, and now you come begging for help? Your problem now, lol' with Stan starting to imitate his speech patterns. Pretty clear the idea is they were full on climate change deniers and did a 180 because they realised they were dangerously wrong.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Eh, they could have gone all Zombie Simpsons years ago but I'll give them credit that South Park has been genuinely trying to mix things up, even if with very mixed results. Probably choosing the worst time to experiment with long-form story arcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Apparently the key to Stan and Kyle being happy is them being friends, and the key to Cartman being happy is not being around Kyle.

There's just something about Kyle that drives Cartman (and his future kids who no longer exist) crazy and turns them into violent self-destructive maniacs.

Meanwhile Kenny gets to be a genius billionaire no matter what happens, and honestly I feel like he deserves that.

I mean, how many episodes are specifically about Cartman being driven to insane, self-destructive actions based on irrational spite that seems to consume his entire being?