Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nobody else has posted a thread yet and the press release is out so here it goes... the season 23 South Park thread. Also this season they will be hitting 300 episodes.

Episode 2301 “Mexican Joker” Press Release
NEW YORK, September 24, 2019 – Randy fights against home-grown in the season 23 premiere of South Park titled, “Mexican Joker” airing on Wednesday, September 25 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

In the pilot episode of the new hit series, Tegridy Farms, Randy battles home-grown weed and comes to terms with the fact that he might be a towel. Meanwhile, Kyle goes to camp...

Also, i stole this press release from reddit, not the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Preview clip. ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZQHG2-weic

The jewish characters going to the ICE concentration camps...

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 23, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PaybackJack posted:

"Tom I'm standing here in TV IV where it's time once again to follow along as this forum hate watches South Park.

This year, as the political climate thaws on "getting triggered by loving everything that doesn't conform to their specific viewpoint based off of the poo poo everyone around them shouts in their echo chamber"; middle ground Westerners all around the globe wonder 'Can we go back to laughing at South Park, and publicly admit the new Dave Chappelle special had some funny jokes?'

The answer based on the Rotten Tomatoes debacle is 'No, probably not.' Back to you, Tom."

edit: Get your bingo cards ready for classic forum responses such as 'serialization killed the show' and 'we need more kids being kids episodes'.

There's really only a small handful of goons that turn South Park threads into absolute garbage. If you add them to your ignore list, then the threads are much more enjoyable. Some of the guys that no longer find South Park funny still manage to post 40+ times every season, in the threads about how much they dislike everything. loving ignore their assburgers rear end.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hmm... not gonna put the press release on the bottom of page 1... That would be dumb...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

NEW YORK, September 30, 2019 – Randy sees an opportunity for TEGRIDY in China in the newest episode of South Park titled, “Band in China” airing on Wednesday, October 2 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Randy lands himself in big trouble on a visit to China. Meanwhile, Stan starts a band to work out his frustration over having to move away from South Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXCAjyqJutA

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shitenshi posted:

The hell was that junk they dropped in Randy's yard?

It was money.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty good one.

I don't think the Randy plot fit together very well. Like it goes from Randy appearing before judges with Pooh and Piglet in prison, to the next China scene all of them are out and getting chewed out by Mickey. And then Randy wants to help Mickey for some reason. And somehow him killing Pooh makes them ok with him selling weed there.

Solid gags throughout though. Randy's ad for the Chinese market was great.

It fit together. But they did some creative plot jumping with the judges. As it was all in Chinese and seeing what happens after, seems pretty obvious Randy worked out a deal with the judges.

It would be interesting to know what was actually said, but knowing South Park, it was probably all gibberish.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Vegetable posted:

I don’t think so. The voice actor sounded like a typical white guy following a phonetic script (poorly).

It’s nice that South Park is calling out Hollywood’s acquiescence to China’s censorship. But I don’t understand why they need to frame this season around Tegridy Farms. It makes the plot lines seem somewhat unfocused. Not sure what I’m supposed to get out of Randy’s shenanigans.

Cause gently caress South Park.

Matt & Trey obviously have always loved Randy. Seems they decided to go full force with their love and make the season revolve around Randy and Tegridy with a little bit of the boys thrown in.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

New press release for this week! Wednesday will be the 300th episode of South Park and I guess if you still watch Comedy Central they will be marathoning South Park starting at 9AM. Although in a preseason interview, it didn't sound like they were planning to do anything groundbreaking with the 300th episode considering how poorly 200 & 201 went...

https://southpark.cc.com/blog/2019/10/07/episode-2303-shots-press-release

Episode 2303 “Shots!!!” Press Release
Categorized Under: Episode
SOUTH PARK REACHES 300TH EPISODE ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9 ON COMEDY CENTRAL

All-Day South Park Marathon Starts at 9 a.m. ET and Leads into All-New Episode at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT

——–
All-New Season 23 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
——–
NEW YORK, October 7, 2019 –The show’s creators celebrate the THIRD episode of Tegridy Farms in the episode titled, “SHOTS!!!” airing on Wednesday, October 9 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

This week, Randy revels in a Tegridy Farms milestone. Meanwhile, Cartman stands his ground and refuses to get a shot.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

punk rebel ecks posted:

Can you even watch episodes 200 and 201 legally anymore?

No, and I don't believe 201 ever aired uncensored... Although, magically it has gotten out into the world of :filez:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh, here is a preview clip for tonight. Antivax, here we go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOKGACYr59Q

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I don't care if it's similar in some way to Tsst. Cartman being a pig, greasing himself up and running around naked to avoid getting a shot is loving funny.

Also, gently caress the Chinese government.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shitenshi posted:

Did I miss something, or did they skip over how Cartman and Kyle got back to South Park?

Yea you did, they got off the bus in the last episode before doing the fingerbang....

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

But the shot made his mom Artistic. Clearly a danger.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode 2304 “Let Them Eat Goo” Press Release

NEW YORK, October 14, 2019 – Cartman has a heart attack in an all-new episode titled, “Let Them Eat Goo,” airing on Wednesday, October 16 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The citizens of South Park are moving toward a completely plant-based diet. Cartman is pretty sure the new food in the cafeteria gave him a heart attack.

And the preview clip that has nothing to do with the above because gently caress you. (Well unless the all plant diet is an all cannabis based diet I guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5TwMFlH1o

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, BK's impossible burger isn't completely vegan because they use the same equipment. It's pretty normal really for restaurants I think. It's pretty similar as to why you need to tell a restaurant you have food allergies even if the food you are ordering isn't something you have an allergy too.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Halloween episode time!

NEW YORK, October 28, 2019 – It’s the Tegridy Farms Halloween Special in an all-new episode of TEGRIDY FARMS titled, “Tegridy Farms Halloween Special” airing on Wednesday, October 30 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

It’s Halloween and Randy is dealing with his daughter’s marijuana problem. Butters gets an unexpected surprise when he visits the Egyptian Artifact exhibit at the Denver Museum.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The entire episode was pretty lacking when it comes to an actual plot. It was just some stuff that was kind of related with some decent jokes and gags thrown in.

Certainly a pretty weak Halloween episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ShoogaSlim posted:

even how preposterously low-toned the voiceover says "tegridy weeeeeed" in the very beginning shows how much fun they must have goofing off on the sound set. they know they're driving this poo poo into the ground and having fun with it. episode ruled.

It's fun because they know they are running it into the ground. And even have made some comments about it but they don't care... Which leads into their press release for this week...

NEW YORK, The citizens of South Park have had enough of Randy and Tegridy Farms and they just want to lock him up in the all-new episode, “Season Finale,” airing on Wednesday, November 6 at 10:00p ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The Mayor has evidence that Randy blew up his neighbor’s yards in protest over homegrown weed and then blamed it on a Mexican Joker. Now the citizens of South Park have had enough of Randy and Tegridy Farms and they just want to lock him up.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this the season finale of tegridy farms and not South Park?

Yea. South Park currently runs 10 episode seasons.

That's not to say that next week won't be "Season 2" of Tegridy Farms though...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow, that was a pretty drat good episode with some solid jokes and also had an actual plot.

Also, kind of legit like their, "People are tired of Tegridy weed" then went straight into some political poo poo to be like, "Yea, are you really tired of it?"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pretty interesting press release this week... Seems tegrity farms is in fact done for the season. And in it's place is a new South Park series...

Episode 2307 “Board Girls” Press Release
Categorized Under: Episode
AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

——–
All-New Season 23 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
——–
NEW YORK, November 11, 2019 – The Annual Strong Woman Competition pushes everyone to their limits in the all-new episodes titled, “Board Girls” airing on Wednesday, November 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

In the season opener, an even stronger woman causes big problems for PC Principal. Cartman, Stan, and the rest of the boys meet their match when some of the girls join their board gamers club.

Also of note, Stan is wearing his normal jacket instead of the hemp shirt.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They really haven't done anything with Strong Womans character yet so it might be just fine if they put an episode arc with her around...

AlthoughI feel like they would be more likely to make this series of episodes more based on the girl kids.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode had some A+ songs in it. Pretty funny episode and fine on it's own. But considering their past episodes on trans issues, this poo poo is gonna hit the fan.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PaybackJack posted:

The trans-athelete issue is a somewhat divisive issue I suppose, but as usual the problem is that South Park took it far into satire land but not far enough that stupid right wingers would miss the point or think they weren't actually parodying anything. The two weeks thing was probably the dumbest thing as a lot of trans people are required to take medications, such as testosterone inhibitors, and a two week turn around is dumb considering they could have easily kept the setup and gone with 2 years.

Well... the joke was certainly that she hadn't done anything other than decide to identify as being a female to compete in female sports to destroy Strong Woman.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

In other news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yjauXCyVjw

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Knee posted:

About the episode... when the Macho Man character was shown in bikini bottoms, or whatever, they were clearly shown as still having a dick and balls swinging around. Doesn't that imply that they had not transitioned at all and just claimed to identify as female? I feel like that should be pointed out...

They more or less did go out of their way to show this. As they never mentioned her transitioning in anyway, just that she just started to identify as a female.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There's really only a small handful of goons that turn South Park threads into absolute garbage. If you add them to your ignore list, then the threads are much more enjoyable. Some of the guys that no longer find South Park funny still manage to post 40+ times every season, in the threads about how much they dislike everything. loving ignore their assburgers rear end.

FYI for anyone that has forgotten the most basic advice for South park threads.

It's also always D&D morons that should just say in their lovely subforum

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode 2308 “Turd Burglars” Press Release

NEW YORK, November 24, 2019 – Kyle and Ike are desperate to keep a lid on their mom’s medical condition in the newest episode of South Park titled, “Turd Burglars”” airing on Wednesday, November 27 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Kyle’s mom looks so good after her fecal transplant that everyone wants to get their hands on her goods. Cartman and the boys jump into the quest for the best microbiome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8USOd7Hhk4

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I guess fecal transplants are actually a thing. What doctor out there, went you know what, lets just stick some poo poo in your butt and you'll be fine!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's amazing how they have done this like twice this season now...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Here is a preview clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSIDd2pBgL4

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also YouTube just played this after, solid edit by whoever made it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzqtXi8T67w

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tenzarin posted:

There is an entire episode of South Park warning us of blindly following a tv show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e20DtUJDxDg

THEY MADE IT IN 2003! GOD drat CRAB PEOPLE! Hang on does that mean Matt and Trey are crab people?

This is again evidence of their clear dislike of the GLBT community!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Honestly that was a fantastic episode. Probably a top 20 even!

"I'm more than my diabetes" ... "I'm not"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

This was fun and felt like a classic episode but they ran the four-hour service window joke into the ground. I was also hoping they might make a reference to the fact that, with all the streaming services available, it's gettng to the point where cable might be cheaper in spite of the fact the customer service sucks and you can't go five minutes without a commercial promoting the reboot of Mad About You.

I loved the callbacks to PC Babies, Crab People, and the jewelry show. I also liked the subtle joke that Terrance and Phillip had been on for 23 seasons.

Running a joke into the ground is classic South Park.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Finishing off the season with a Christmas Episode

NEW YORK, December 9, 2019 – The Holidays are off to a rough start in the season 23 finale
episode titled, “Christmas Snow”” airing on Wednesday, December 11 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

It’s a bleak Christmas Season in South Park this year and it’s all Santa’s fault. He is single handedly stealing the joy from the holiday. The town just wants their Christmas Spirit back but that will take a Christmas miracle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vchtqx8yaHg

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 9, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A show based around trying to offend people has to be careful that people don't decide that it's speaking to them...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Knee posted:

Dude gently caress you. Really? Obviously the answer to the Great Question is Unified Atheist League!

AAA, triple A? What are you? A car service?

By the end of this argument we're all going to be bouncing on bubbles or some poo poo

You have really too high expectations of goons if you think this argument will come to an end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm hoping we never hear Randy with a forced, folksy twang....evur agiiiiiiiiiiiin.

The season-long plots with continuity could be fun if done right, but none of them are. Gerald the Troll, Cartman/Heidi, Tegridy Farms (how do you gently caress up a season-long Randy Marsh Adventure?). They all sucked.

But Tegridy farms was great? :confused: