Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiamonBack
May 7, 2019
Good day to all,
I am new to post in forum but i follow a lot of the topics in here, for that i am sorry if this is not the ideal place to post this topic :)
Today i thought i could create a post about computer language, more precisely Kotlin (Java for android).
I intent to talk about myself a little bit and at the same time get some opinions about this topic.

So this is the main topic i would like to see developed:
What you guys think of Kotlin and is it good to invest in learning this language? Is it better or more intelligent to bet on Flutter toolkit or Xamarin (.Net and C#)? How can one know what is the best investment?

As time passes by as a full stack developer i felt the need to follow along to android development and i started to do some flutter tutorials. After some time a colleague of mine told me that it is better to focus on some specific like full android or full iOS. In my head it makes sense, it is better to be good at one think rather that medium at several .. that made me change my focus to kotlin. although i still feel that i do not know enough of this world (mobile one) to make a final decision and that is where i hope to get with this topic.

With that said, could you help me in this quest?
Thanks in advance and cheers. o7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

You might have better luck in the Cavern of COBOL subforum.

DiamonBack
May 7, 2019
Thanks feedmegin! I will move the post to the subforum!
And to all sorry for this.
For all that matters i'll stick a link for that post : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899445

DiamonBack fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 23, 2019