Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Carl H. Yaeger only published four books because the fall of the Soviet Union either deprived him of storylines or caused him to have an orgasm so intense that he could never recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

I'm either the brandished wreath or the gigantic uzi, I can't decide.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

That "#20" intrigued me, so I did some looking.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
That's a lot of Soldier of Fortune novels.

I was curious to see the reviews on Goodreads since that screenshot you posted showed it with a three star rating. Sadly, there is only one review, which gave the book 1 star. It's pretty recent, so I can't help but wonder if this is someone who read it here:

Two other people rated it 4 stars, but they didn't write reviews. Jerks.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I can't help but wonder if this is someone who read it here

Yep. That's me.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i can’t believe i read this entire insane thing

curse you, op

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

TenementFunster posted:

i can’t believe i read this entire insane thing

curse you, op

you're telling on yourself here

dont worry your secret is safe with me

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Former DILF posted:

you're telling on yourself here

dont worry your secret is safe with me
i am certainly more insane for having read it

i really don’t get why tulsa is held out as a city on a hill so fondly, especially at the time of writing. sure Oral Roberts was at the height of his 900ft Jesus Powers back then, but the economy was tanking due to the price of oil crashing from its early 80s highs, and the place has always been generally unremarkable, soulless, and lovely. was the author from here? had he even been?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

He hosed up the lyrics twice in four lines smdh

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
I finally received my copy of Carl Yaeger's remaining novel, and have some good news and bad news.

The bad news is that it doesn't appear to be a sequel to The Cult Crushers.

The good news is that it looks to contain a similar percentage of insanity (100%).

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
In the far future of 1992 there is only Cuba.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
But will Brenton Massingale shoot his enemies’ genitals off and have them buried in a shallow grave?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I finally received my copy of Carl Yaeger's remaining novel, and have some good news and bad news.

The bad news is that it doesn't appear to be a sequel to The Cult Crushers.

The good news is that it looks to contain a similar percentage of insanity (100%).
please. you can’t do this to me. i’m begging you.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

TenementFunster posted:

please. you can’t do this to me. i’m begging you.

some may question gutter pheonix's right to subject people to the works of carl yaeger. those who understand know that he has no right to spare us

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I just read this entire thread, and novel.

Somehow it’s worse than if I had spent the same 4 hours staring at goatse.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Oh poo poo, I almost forgot about the other three Carl Yaeger books in the Soldier of Fortune library!

I have a couple of projects that are sucking up all my time right now, but maybe I can do a thread for one of the other 3 books in the near future. I'll take a look at them and see how they compare to Cult Crushers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Oh poo poo, I almost forgot about the other three Carl Yaeger books in the Soldier of Fortune library!

I have a couple of projects that are sucking up all my time right now, but maybe I can do a thread for one of the other 3 books in the near future. I'll take a look at them and see how they compare to Cult Crushers...

Looking forward to more Bircher insanity