Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Really glad to see this; the combination of reviews and unobtainable status give this game quite the reputation and one just can't help but wonder how bad can it be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

From a "Norse mythology reimagined as science fiction" standpoint, the only character I kind of like so far in visual design is Heimdall.
I like the half-robot lady in the intro provided she turns out to be Hel. If not, why the Hel make a design that screams Hel if your character is not Hel?
Not that I'd put it past the devs...

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 24, 2019

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Sooo... just how many characters in the game are just Steve Blum doing the exact same voice? I could've sworn he did a named character in the last video, now it's faceless soldiers.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, they got quality VA on the large - I'm fairly sure Baldur is Crispin Freeman and I could swear I've heard Robin Atkin-Downes as one of the soldiers. It's just that they seem to have received absolutely no direction.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Crystalgate posted:

The way Balder slides from one enemy to another when fighting the basic mooks reminds me of the Arkham combat a bit. The first problem is that while the Arkham combat works with a few exceptions, Too Human does the opposite and doesn't work with a few exceptions. The second problem is that where Arkham games adds guys with knives, armor, martial skills or who are just very big to mix and spice things up, almost all attempts from Too Human to mix things up seem to disrupt the combat. You're stuck with either the bland basic mooks or you have other mooks who disrupt the combat by freezing you or are awkward to attack.
The main difference, though, is that Arkham combat feels good: the punches have a weight to them, you get pretty brutal cracking sounds of breaking bones, they really make you feel that your character is strong. Balder, as far as I can tell, just impotently waves his sticks and enemies die with zero feedback.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I just wanted to turn this conversation into one about why EYE is a great game.
Only as long as you don't understand what the hell is going on. Figuring out the mechanics turns it into a boring grindfest.
Another reason why the horrible translation is actually a boon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, nothing explains - or excuses - a 20 minute cooldown. Special moves are there for you to have fun with.