Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I got another one, Haikyuu season 3 is a complete ten episode long story.

season 3 feels like a bad answer to that question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

man, stars align got loving robbed. i still really enjoyed it, but it's hard to recommend to anyone with an ending like that.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

dogsicle posted:

while i did not read every option offered by the posts so far, nor do i know if the op was being rhetorical or not

I was partly rhetorical because I don't really care all that much for 12-episodes anime specifically, I was just wondering how common it is in the industry that those series feel so contrived.

But, uuh, that's probably a lot of great shows I haven't watched, so thanks for all the recommendations guys!

cave emperor posted:

man, stars align got loving robbed. i still really enjoyed it, but it's hard to recommend to anyone with an ending like that.

Nah, if you finish before the final post-credits things it's still very good. Maybe not 100% conclusive but at least satisfying. But those last scenes are just :stare:

Edit: Oh hey, we might get continuation after all!

macabresca fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 27, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Special 7 was alright in the end for an urban-fantasy Stand Alone Complex, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it. My only complaint with it at the end was they repeatedly went out of their way to hide the face of Akane's boyfriend, and nothing ever came of it.