Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm trying to learn to parry. How do I tell whether I pressed the button too soon or too late?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

If you get hit, you didn't do it right.

I got that bit, but when I get hit I don't know whether I should be hitting the button earlier or later in order to succeed. Does the failure look different either way?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm lugging a zweihander around atm so dodging doesn't work great.

Claw seems like the best veil to me because the charged drain has a lot of forward dash to it. Any of the other veils don't have enough reach to be usable.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is it possible to get fastroll? With Atlas and this 'festive ogre' veil the lady was selling I can get midroll.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The most useless one I've found makes spikes shoot up in a small area around me. Like how am I even supposed to use that without getting staggered out of the charge animation?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dagnabbit I remembered fortification zweihander as 100 but it's 100.05, making it fractionally to heavy for the alleviated festive claw I just built.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There is a MASSIVE difficulty difference between normal play and bosses in this. They're not so more tougher as they are 5x faster than regular enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah, I just can't get past the water boss.