Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pre-load is available on Steam now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Dark Souls was developed by FromSoft. Code Vein is developed and published by Bandai Namco.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Learning that Nioh 2 has character creation was amazing.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

When they say the story is dark and serious do they mean anime dark and serious like God Eater or slightly overwrought dark and serious like Soul Sacrifice?

It's like Dark Souls mixed with God Eater so far, but I had to stop partway through the tutorial.

The world is basically dying and humanity is almost extinct.

The player is a Revenant, which are like the Undead in DSouls, but they need blood instead of souls. Complete with being created from a human corpse, and reviving a while after being killed (each time they die in-universe, they lose part of their memory) as long as their heart is intact. There was even a project enacted to restore the world, but it went out of control.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Caidin posted:

Are they? Because all I can tell is that a fog wall has confined this to just the one town.

The other Revenants in the intro are talking as if humans are basically gone (how hard it is to find actual humans to get blood from), but they might have just meant from this area?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

I just noticed the stats screen actually shows how much a weapon's attack power will come from its stat scaling.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

How does this game fare in the exploration department? Does it feel pretty rewarding or is it dull? Thatís my favorite part of dark souls.

There's a lot of items you won't find if you don't go exploring, some of them required to unlock skills, and there's Souls-style shortcut opening. Outside of the home base and the "Depths" (optional dungeons you open by finding maps), everything is connected.

After you reach 100% on an area, there are also NPCs who will show up in that area, and they can have shops or short sidequests.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Game is good so far but drat yakumo referring to io and mia as sheep was both offputting and kind of dumb considering I'm playing as, you know, a woman.

I just hit this scene, and he meant sheep as in he is a shepherd, and his friends are his flock that he has to protect. He was saying he has three new friends to watch over (the player, Io, and Mia). He wasn't calling them sheep because they're women.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

There's no maybe about it. He just finished talking about how much he treasures his friends, and wants to make sure they all survive this terrible situation.

Also, why do you not like him? He's friendly towards everyone who isn't being an rear end in a top hat, and is ready to throw himself into danger to save people he doesn't even know. I'd understand if he was a rude dudebro, but he's just been a nice guy the whole time.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Luceid posted:

Louis give me back all that candy I traded you for your katana, it's identical to the one I already had. Louis I DEMAND my CANDY BACK you FUCKER

Should've given your candy to Murasame.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

Like, six or seven weapon categories. But not all single swords have the same attack animations. So, aside from different statistics like weight, dmg, etc, liking the animation of your attacks his huge.

Speaking of this, I just found a bayonet that is a shotgun instead of a rifle.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Some skills can not be inherited, and will always require having that Blood Code equipped.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm not super far (Just beat the Stripper Pole boss) but I feel like none of these Codes I'm getting are worth using. Prometheus has such crazy stat scaling that everything I find is just a downgrade on str and dex. Even wearing the lightest armor and one of the lightest weapons I can only get Quick moveset with it equipped.

The Blood Codes have their own base movement speeds, which are calculated with your equipment's weight to get your final speed.

Darkseeker has some skills to mess around with venom. Venom buildup ranged attack, an area effect that builds venom, adding venom to your melee during focus, and gaining ichor when near something that is taking damage from venom. Haven't run into anything immune to venom, yet, except the Depths version of the Butterfly.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

with the whole innate things im getting a real dragons dogma vibe from the system, reminds me of augments and encouraging you to play a bunch of poo poo to unlock their innate stuff.

It's got that kinda feel to it, but unlike DDog your stat gains from leveling aren't determined by your class at time of level-up.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

There's also a whole help menu that explains a ton of terms and mechanics.

Rascyc posted:

It took me awhile to find out but I think the required stat listed for the spell also doubles as the scaling stat. Makes it a lot easier to sift the lemons from the good ones.

It does. Every skill scales off its required stat, and gunshots scale off dexterity. Your veil choice is a huge source of damage for your spells, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

why is there no FIST weapon

The ogre-class blood veils are your fist weapon.