Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The number of iframes quick dodge gives is utterly ridiculous, it's like a solid 1/2-3/4 of a second. You were chunking him with the bayonet though, which one is that? Not been impressed with their damage compared to 1hs so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It feels like they've done a surprisingly good job of balancing stat requirements for gear and gifts with the codes. Like, you can do retarded broken poo poo like buffed heavy melee with a quick dash speed, but you're gonna be giving up all your passive slots to pull that off. I'm really liking it so far. Hopefully the eventual DLC won't introduce blatant power creep except for the ability to color anything and mix-n-match clothing pieces like Warframe. God I'd kill for that.

Merilan posted:

i found a 1H sword from the endgame area enemies (the argent wolf sword I think?) and it swings *crazy* fast compared to the other 1H swords I've found
This seems like the end-all-be-all of 1h swords unless you just really like the ones with innate elemental damage. It's relatively light, does great damage, all the attacks are a nice wide arc, and it looks sexy as gently caress like all the other argent weapons. Really the only downside is that the alt-normal attack is a thrust instead of the cleaver/black sword jump-slam.

lunar detritus posted:

How long is the game?
I'm seeing lots of folks saying 20-40 hours for your first playthrough depending on how much exploration and grinding you do. Right in front of the final boss door myself, with steam showing 48 hours of playtime. I have done a fair bit of grinding going forthe "good" end and capping out all my gear and all gifts mastered and such though.

Edit
Nah that's it as far as I know, don't forget to bring Io with you for the boss fight though. Was more referring to making sure I've completely manually run over every inch of every zone and the materials for capping like 20 pieces of gear and all the gifts in every code and doing all the side quest chains all the way through.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 3, 2019

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

On the upside, a fire infused fire katana with the fire buff active loving shreds the ice pinball assholes, so when it works, it works really well.
Hopefully they'll add more information regarding game mechanics like elements and scaling as the DLC drops. In the meantime we really need a dataminer or something.

Nearly done taking every weapon and every variety of every armor up to +10 and getting to level 200 so I can go to NG+ for the bad end codes and achievement. The various chromes in NPC gift inventory should really restock slowly over time, I feel like I wasted the "heavy" chromes on early game weapons that are largely outshined by lategame gear and now I can't get any more without going NG+.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That's by far my favorite halberd for general use because everything is a nice wide swing, and being the highest raw damage option doesn't hurt either.
It's a shame everything except hyperspecialized magic plays third fiddle to greatsword raw damage output and sustainability though.