Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!

Fun Shoe

I had a pretty good time with the demo but really, a delayed game can eventually be good, a rushed game is bad forever.

I'm probably going to give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

I'm finding it a bit easy myself but to be honest, I'm digging the character customisation and ability system. Switching builds on the fly is an amazing idea.

Also, I've mainlined all of the From soft games so I've probably gotten gud. AI partner does a shitload of damage, too.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

DisDisDis posted:

Are the items on the little ledges in the drop into the howling pits anything worth grabbing or can i safely skip platforming in a souls game?

You'll need to platform down there at least once. It's not that bad but not really worth it to go for all items. The main thing is to remember that if you go off a cliff, you'll drop straight down from where you left solid ground.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

I just finished that area and it pops you right back where you picked up the vestige.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mid-Cathedral Vestige spoiler question:

Are we a void type because we took a shitload of damage to our heart before being implanted with the BOR Parasite or because we got infected with the Queen's blood?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

Our heart got damaged by queen in an attack making us a void type. What made things go weird was when we basically consumed the queen.

I'm gonna have to re-watch that cutscene when I get home, thanks!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

The bit about what happened to you happens at the start of the flashback. The second bit obviously happens at the end.

Oh, okay so I was right.

We got hosed up in the heart BEFORE resurrection and the events of "our memory" so we were a void type from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rascyc posted:

Does the queen Knight reborn really need to blink 15 times in a row

Gotta go fast.