Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm not expecting DS levels of gameplay, but if it can atleast beat god eater's combat and have a pretty good story I'll bite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I don't usually play casters, but there is something satisfying about farming up a ton of ichor, equipping what I call '8 different versions of fireball', and then immediately sending a boss to the shadow realm.

RIP Dark Knight guy, maybe in NG+ I'll see what your attacks are.

I literally just did the same lol. I never play casters in souls-like because you're supposed to be alone most of the time but the AI in this game is pretty competent.

I'm having fun with this game but gently caress whoever designed not-anor londo It's way too long and everything looks the same so it's super easy to get lost. Oh, and did I mention the path forwards sometimes requires you to spot platforms that you can fall on so I hope you thoroughly look at those samey paths. And don't ever try to run because the main enemy type of the area has a teleport move that can track you.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Also the invasion mechanic where the game literally teleports wave after wave of enemies to you can get hosed.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Stickman posted:

I get the impression that the invasion waves actually spawn at fixed points (though that can change between waves), so if you move the fight away from where they're spawning you'll have a little more breathing room. Doesn't help too much the first time you initiate the invasion, though!

nope, I'd be ok with them if that was the case. The one that really made me mad was the second cathedral one because it spawns a bunch of the halberd ladies and if you try to run up a ladder or something they'll pop right on top in super closed quarters.

[e] I don't get the bayonet. It's supposed to be a light support weapon for casters right? Why does the projectile cost icor? It doesn't do that much damage and if you're paying anyway you might as well use magic. It takes a bunch of hits to down anything and your hit box is garbage. I switch to a halberd I found and I instantly started sailing through the area with the exact same build. It does way more damage, staggers often, and every hit is a huge AOE.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 2, 2019