Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I had some real issues with Butterfly but after taking a break and coming back to it I almost killed it in two tries and in the third attempt I wrecked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kanos posted:

To explain the confusion(plot spoilers i guess?):

There's two potential codes from each successor. If you find and visit all of the successor's memories(all of the Isis vestiges from Anor Londo, for example) BEFORE you fight the boss in question, you can save the successor after they turn to stone and you receive their "human" code - in that case, the Isis code from Aurora. If you don't collect all of the vestiges for the boss and visit them before you fight the boss, they stay dead and you receive their Queen code - in this case, the Queen's Ribcage. The codes are mutually exclusive in one playthrough, so you can't get both Isis and Queen's Ribcage without NG+.

Whether or not you save each successor apparently determines which ending you get, as well.

I had just found all of the codes and that was all I needed to save them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kanos posted:

If this is true then that's good to know, I've cobbled together this info from reading a bunch of posts in various places so it's still a little fuzzy.

I've been meticulously clearing every area/checking every memory as soon as I find it before progressing so I didn't even know there was a "bad" resolution to things until I read a post about it and then did some research into it.

I think that is only true for the first one. Every other one you have to have gone through the memories before fighting the boss.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Spoilers for the ice boss If you save him then in his cutscene he puts on his hat again.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

Of course I write that about easy mode and then immediately stumble on the worst fight in the game - TWO boreal brutes in the depths. Even the AI isn't helping me much here. This is ridiculous!

That sounds absolutely horrifying as I take it there is no cliff for them to suicide off of.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just checking but there are only 6 harmonia vestige fragments to pick up?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What I have enjoyed about the games story is that it feels as though you are playing the characters that in usual dark souls games were supposed to clean up everything before it got real bad but failed.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Be sure to embrace the system and change up classes often as itt makes the game feel more alive when you handle each area with a different build.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

Let us have 8 active and 8 passive gifts you cowards.

I am pretty sure you can have 7 active gifts when using a controller.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

So this game actually is turning out to be pretty decent then? I'll have to keep it on a wishlist for a sale.

The story may drag on in places and some of the areas are a real pain to navigate but the combat is solid enough and being able to change up your entire character build at a moments notice is a lot of fun.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the flamethrower.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Intoluene posted:

Mid-Cathedral Vestige spoiler question:

Are we a void type because we took a shitload of damage to our heart before being implanted with the BOR Parasite or because we got infected with the Queen's blood?

Our heart got damaged by queen in an attack making us a void type. What made things go weird was when we basically consumed the queen.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Intoluene posted:

I'm gonna have to re-watch that cutscene when I get home, thanks!

The bit about what happened to you happens at the start of the flashback. The second bit obviously happens at the end.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I do love how fluid quick movement speed feels, especially when it comes to dodging.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Turncoat Mommy posted:

NG+ Endgame boss Cannoneer & Blade Bearer solo.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/489116686

I don't think it's a well designed fight but I think just removing the fireball and pillars and maybe improving the cues a bit would make it a much more fun fight

I wish I had taken a screen shot of my map of that area as it looked very similar to yours.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just found one of the last bosses in the depths and all I want to do is scream.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I just discovered something. The Blade Dancer and Cannoneer fight in the depths work the same way as their inspirations do in Dark Souls. As in when you kill one the other one has a full heal and powers up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eopia posted:

From what I understand they are: Bad Ending: don't save any successors. Neutral ending: Save some but not all successors. Good ending: Save all successors, some kinda bonus scene that counts as a seperate ending for achievement purposes if you get all the Eos vestiges? So that's four runs in total to get them all.

Just checked to make sure and there are only three endings. You have to see all the Eos vestiges to get the good ending.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I beat the game yesterday and I really liked the good ending.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am kind of surprised that Jack didn't recognize the player character the moment they first share a scene together instead of after the successor of the ribcage boss battle.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I do love the twist involving the tutorial character.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

Which female characters are you thinking of for that none of the ones I can remember off the top of my head are like that

Well there is the girl who becomes the inheritor of the claws but from both her and her fellow experiment scenes it is clear that they were all looking out for each other as best they could. There is also Eve but by all accounts Jack would be just as willing to sacrifice everything to keep her safe.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ulio posted:

In the snow level, what is the weakness of the snow giants that roll like a retarded milktank? They are tankier than the other snowmen + deal 2x more damage. Every other enemy in the area seems weak to fire except them...

Either use two handed weapons to break through their activated armor or try to get them to roll off a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It has it's weaknesses but the ability to almost completely revamp your build at any rest point makes it a lot of fun to mess around with stuff.