Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Just started playing through this, and while it is pretty fun, it does have some annoying bits I could do with. Is it just me or does the camera just feel kind of not great? It always seems a little too close to let me see what's going on in a fight, especially in close quarters, and the game seems to love close quarters. When I lock on it wants to angle downward too much, especially on tall enemies, so that any tells for their attacks are lost off the top of the screen. It's manageable but just feels off enough to be frustrating. I'm learning a new appreciation for the Dark Souls cameras which usually just worked without ever having to think about it.

Also I was really pissed to find out that the E key is hard coded to 'interact'. Why are console ports always so dumb about this? "Here are your keybindings you weird PC player, they cover 90% of the buttons you'll need, and we'll hard code the other 10% so any binds you make are unusable anyway, enjoy!" I normally use an ESDF setup, which therefore becomes useless if there's anything interactable nearby. Especially if you need to interact and then move. Like, say, trying to climb a ladder. I'm struggling through with a controller, but even with the sensitivity cranked up to max it seems to take forever to do a 180. Which is why I really prefer M+KB in these 3rd person games, even though everyone insists controller is better.

But hey, outside of that I am having fun running around with my anime vampire murder waifu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU