Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you fill time between seasons?
This poll is closed.
Attend WWE's Spring Training Camps... in Fall? 7 6.93%
Take the massive 7 day gap to learn a new language 12 11.88%
Sit in a dark, empty room unblinking, waiting for the interminable 7 days to be over 36 35.64%
Get a gym membership and then never go 24 23.76%
Finally take the chance to binge-watch this entire season and get caught up 22 21.78%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Tonight's big match is a Fatal Fiveway to determined an opponent for Universal Champion Seth Rollins on next week's SEASON PREMIERE of Raw!
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0qB8CVspY
  • The video opening of the show was hijacked by Bray Wyatt, who changed it to a recap of THE FIEND terrifying Rollins last week.
  • Rollins came out and said being confronted by THE FIEND last week was worse than the beatdown he took from The OC and Roode/Ziggler. He promised though that he would prevail against THE FIEND like he had against Brock Lesnar and BRAUN! in the past.
  • BRAUN! came out and dared him to say it to his face, blaming Seth for losing their tag titles and claiming Seth was too scared to fight him. Seth pointed out he had a match scheduled next week against the winner of tonight's Fatal Fiveway, and then THE FIEND at Hell in a Cell, but he wasn't going to back down and agreed to fight BRAUN! tonight.
  • The Viking Raiders defeated Gallows and Anderson in a 10 minute tag match. Cole asked,"ARE YOU GUYS READY TO JOIN THE RAID!?!" as they came to the ring, in case there was any chance they might still be considered cool and he wanted to ruin it. AJ Styles was kicked out by the referee for getting involved, and got attacked by Cedric Alexander as he left. Despite Cole's best efforts, the crowd was still into The Viking Raiders winning.
  • Roode was interviewed about his part in tonight's Fatal Fiveway, and reminded everybody that he was the one who pinned Seth to win the tag titles.
  • Michael Cole interviewed Becky Lynch about her upcoming Hell in a Cell match, being reminded that Sasha had been in one before but Becky hadn't. Becky's retort was that Sasha LOST that match, and she couldn't wait to get into the cell for the first time. He gave a warning to Sasha that she was being given a chance for the title so she better take it.
  • Rusev defeated ECIII in a squash. The crowd chanted for Lana.
  • Rey Mysterio dedicated his match tonight to his large son Dominick.
  • Sasha Banks defeated Nikki Cross in a 15 minute singles match, with Dark Bayley and Alexa Bliss in their respective corners. Nikki at one point seemed to have Sasha beat, but Dark Bayley distracted her on the apron before being taken out by Alexa. Sasha was able to submit Nikki, and attacked her post-match and took out Alexa before she could do anything. The crowd was quiet for most of the match but enjoyed the finish.
  • AJ had escaped Cedric (or maybe just effortlessly beat his rear end again?) and had a meeting with the rest of the OC backstage.
  • The Street Profits were doing their bit backstage when the Miz arrived and announced he and Maryse had now had their second child, which got a pop. Miz said his guests on MizTV next week were Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan (the latter was booed).
  • Lacey Evans defeated Ember Moon in a 5 minute match, tapping her out with the Sharpshooter in a pointed jab at Nattie Neidhart. Nattie spoke backstage and warned Lacey that she'd be the one tapping out if they fought.
  • In a Firefly Funhouse segment, Bray hung an empty picture frame next to those of rollins, Kane, Angle, Lawler, Balor and Foley, saying there was always room for more. He stopped Ramblin' Rabbit and the pig from fighting over a Rollins action figure, saying they could share, and ripped it in half before happily declaring,"SEE YOU IN HELL! :haw:"
  • R-Truth and Carmella ran to the ring chased by the jobbers, but Carmella stopped them from attacking Truth, pleading for sanity since the title was consuming her life and she wasn't even champion... at which point she rolled up Truth for a the shock win, becoming the new 24/7 Champion.
  • Truth actually raised Carmella's hand in triumph, and then they ran away together as the women jobbers raced out to chase them. This flipped situation may be the new direction for the belt going forward for the "new" season.
  • Sami was hyping up Shinsuke Nakamura backstage ahead of the Fatal Fiveway, but Shinsuke shut him up in Japanese and Sami apologized.
  • In the most heated match of the night, Chad Gable fought King of the Ring winner Baron Corbin in a rematch of the tournament final, only now nothing was on the line. Chad looked good and the crowd got really into him... and then Baron smacked him with his scepter and Chad won by DQ.
  • AOP were doing a sitdown interview about how feared they were when they suddenly stood up, walked out of the room and down a corridor where they beat the poo poo out of Heath Slater, then came back and finished the rest of their promo.
  • As the Fatal Fiveway between Rey Mysterio, Ricochet, Robert Roode, AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura was set to start, it was just randomly mentioned out of nowhere that it was now an Elimination Match.
  • Ricochet got a promo before the match about proving his time was now. Ricochet was the first person eliminated.
  • Shinsuke was the next eliminated, pinned by AJ Styles who was immediately hit by the Glorious DDT by Robert Roode, leaving it down to Roode and Mysterio.
  • Rey beat Roode to win the Fatal Fiveway and earn a title shot against Universal Champion Seth Rollins next week. The crowd went nuts for this.
  • Seth was interviewed backstage and congratulated Rey Mysterio, admitting it was a dream for him to face Rey but he had to believe he was going to beat BRAUN! tonight, win against Rey next week, and keep his focus on facing THE FIEND at Hell in a Cell.
  • Seth became frustrated as frogsplashes failed to put down BRAUN!, so he started taking him out at ringside with suicide dives until BRAUN! caught him in midair and knocked him down, then ran around the ring and shoulder-charged Seth.
  • It seems BRAUN! was going to beat Seth when THE FIEND's music played and the lights went out. THE FIEND took out BRAUN first then approached a screaming, terrified Rollins before putting the Mandible Claw on BRAUN! and crouching over his corpse. The show cut to black and Bray's laughter was the last thing heard on the season finale of Raw.
  • See you next season... in 7 days!

Smackdown Results:
  • After a recap of Erick Rowan and Luke Harper's attack on Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns last week, Rowan came to the ring to laud the attack as a work of art.
  • Daniel Bryan rushed the ring and demanded that Rowan earn the respect he wanted with a fight. The two went at it, with Rowan using his size and power to good effect but Daniel Bryan just absolutely loving refusing to go down and countering everything as the crowd cheered loudly for him, especially for the YES! kicks.
  • Luke Harper interfered when Bryan had Rowan in the Yes Lock, but Bryan took him out with a suicide dive. Rowan grabbed Bryan on the apron to put on the Iron Claw, but Bryan's foot got tangled in the ropes and the ref had to assist him to get out. Once he was, Rowan finally put on the Iron Claw and got the win.
  • Rowan and Harper were putting the boots to Bryan when Roman Reigns rushed down to attack them, but got overcome. Bryan had recovered enough to help Reigns out, allowing him to hit a Spear on Rowan. Afterwards, Reigns - who never apologized to Bryan - tried to help him up but Bryan shoved him away, grabbed a mic and challenged Rowan and Harper to face him and Roman. He asked the crowd if they had an answer and they chanted,"YES!"
  • WWE Champion Kofi Kingston was interviewed by Michael Cole about accepting Brock Lesnar's challenge. Kofi pushed that he was a fighting champion, pointing out all the great wrestlers he'd successfully defended the title against. He promised he would walk out of Smackdown's first episode on FOX still the champion.
  • Chad Gable came out to talk about how despite all the short jokes about him, he'd made it to the finals of King of the Ring and almost beat Baron Corbin on the final rematch on Raw. Mike Kanellis came out making short jokes and said he was going to prove himself to his pregnant wife.
  • P.S - On Raw last night, Renee just casually pointed out that Rusev is NOT the father of Maria's kid, so there goes that storyline I guess.
  • Chad squashed Mike in a quick match. Elias then appeared on the Titantron and sang a song mocking Chad's height.
  • Charlotte Flair was looking for 24/7 Champion Carmella but could only find R-Truth, who pretended he hadn't seen her. Afterwards Carmella arrived concerned about how Bayley had betrayed their friendship.
  • The commentators made a point of thanking the USA Network for all the years it has been airing Smackdown, which moves to FOX next week.
  • Bayley and Sasha Banks faced Charlotte Flair and Carmella in a tag match. The 24/7 rule for Carmella's championship were suspended for the duration of the match.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0qB8CVspY
  • Sasha and Bayley won the match after Carmella took out Bayley with a superkick but then got locked into the Banks Statement and tapped out. Immediately after the match the women jobbers rushed out and Truth helped Carmella escape. Sasha and Bayley attacked Charlotte but Becky Lynch ran out to save her.... friend?
  • Shane McMahon was shown speaking to his legal team backstage about the Kevin Owens lawsuit.
  • Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Ali thanks to Sami Zayn pulling Shinsuke out of the ring when it looked like he was beaten. Ali chased Sami around and into the ring and ate a Kinshasa and got pinned.
  • The New Day defeated The B Team. The commentators pointed out the teams might get split up during the upcoming draft.
  • Mandy Rose was handing out copies of Maxim magazine which she is on the cover of, while Sonya tried to keep her mind on their upcoming tag match. Otis from Heavy Machinery showed up hoping for an autograph.
  • The Kabuki Warriors made a rare appearance to defeat Mandy and Sonya in a tag match, in which Mandy was more concerned about protecting her copy of Maxim magazine. Asuka and Kairi hit a combo Codebreaker/Insane Elbow to get the win.
  • Shane McMahon came to the ring and asked Kevin Owens to join him, hoping to convince him to drop the lawsuit in exchange for being rehired and having his recent fine dropped. Owens pretended to consider, then laughed and said the money wasn't the problem, Shane was. He wanted Shane gone, and was willing to drop the lawsuit in exchange for Shane agreeing to a Loser Leaves Town match where whoever loses is gone from WWE.
  • Shane, who had laughed at Owens attempt to goad him into doing the same a month or two back when Owens' career was on the line, had no choice but to accept or risk losing millions. Owens declared it would be a ladder match, with the legal documents hanging above the ring.
  • The show ended with Becky Lynch being interviewed backstage when Sasha Banks jumped her from behind and beat her down until officials hauled her off.
  • This marks the end of Tuesday Night Smackdown. It returns to its old Friday Night timeslot from October 4th on FOX.

NXT Results:
  • The show opened with a recap of last week's first episode on USA, including Roderick Strong winning the NXT North American Championship. The Undisputed Era were shown looking down from high up over the crowd and posing to celebrate their successful acquiring of all the male NXT Championships.
  • Fully understanding the joy and beauty of a hoss-off and beefy boys battering each other, Ketih Lee and Dominick Dijakovic were the first match on the show and they beat the poo poo out of each other. Keith Lee won after hitting Dijakovic with the Jackhammer.
  • By completely coincidence, next week when they go to a full two hours on USA and just so happen to be up against the debut episode of AEW, NXT will have limited commercial breaks.
  • Dakota Kai returned from a lengthy injury absence and defeated Taynara Conti in a singles match. Kai's Finisher is the Go To Kick (GTK), a modification of the Go To Sleep knee.
  • Matt Riddle defeated Killian Dane in a Street Fight to become the new number one contender for Adam Cole's NXT Championship. They fought in and out of the ring, at one point Dain slamming Riddle through a wooden wall. Once they got back to the ring they hit each other with chairs and kendo sticks. Dain kept getting up from everything so finally Riddle finished him off with a Fujiwara Armbar since he couldn't keep him down for the pin.
  • NXT Champion Adam Cole came to ringside to confront Matt Riddle postmatch, talking mad poo poo to him. However, when he tried to jab his finger in Riddle's face, Riddle immediately wrapped him up into an armbar and the rest of Undisputed Era had to charge the ring and chase him off before checking on a freaked out Cole.
  • A recap of Imperium's confrontation with KUSHIDA from last week aired.
  • Rhea Ripley faced Kayden Carter in a singles match. Carter was talked up by Mauro and had a strong opening, but Rhea quickly turned the tables and dominated for a relatively quick victory.
  • Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch defeated Chase Parker and Matt Martel in a tag match.
  • Chelsea Green and Deonna Purrazzo were watching the show from the crowd.
  • Cameron Grimes defeated Raul Mendoza in a singles match, using the Doubl Stomp to finish Mendoza.
  • KUSHIDA, Tyler Breeze and Fandano fought Imperium's Marcel Barthel, Fabian Aichner and Alexander Wolfe in the main event of the evening. KUSHIDA started strong but Imperium got the advantage and then tried to keep Tyler Breeze isolated, pulling KUSHIDA and Fandango off the apron to avoid him making a desperation tag etc. Finally Fandango got.... THE HOT TAG! and ran wild, then brought in KUSHIDA who countered a counter to roll up Barthel and get the pin.
  • KUSHIDA was celebrating to end the show when WALTER jumped him from behind, and he and Imperium posed over his body as the show went off the air.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe is a pigeon, and me? i'm a seagull

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is this for talking about WWE?

[NN]Darel
Jul 10, 2003
I OWE OZZ-FACTOR MY LIFE (read:account lol)
Can't wait for The Fiend to turn face as The Friend. I give it three months.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

What a cool ending. It was like The Fiend was PROTECTING Seth from Braun. Because Seth is HIS and nobody else can have him.

Dear god WWE, don't gently caress this up. You've hosed up so much, DON'T gently caress THIS UP.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Seasons come. Seasons go.
Vince McMahon, let me go.
Luke Harper NO I WILL NOT LET YOU GO

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sanguinia posted:

Dear god WWE, don't gently caress this up. You've hosed up so much, DON'T gently caress THIS UP.

Narrator: They hosed it up.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Same, but with Carmella as 24/7 champ.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Lacey Evans defeated Ember Moon in a 5 minute match, tapping her out with the Sharpshooter

Jesus loving christ

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Tomorrow is the #EndOfAnEra for SD.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I think it’d be cool if THE VIKING EXPERIENCE joined Eric Rowan’s Amon Amarth fan club.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I hate Seth, i’ve always hated seth. I love any angle where he hides and screams himself like a piss pants cry baby scared of WWE’s halloween angle.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybw_KkFFFJ0

THE CHANGING OF THE SEASONS!

IS HERE NOW!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Oh Snapple! posted:

Jesus loving christ

What Jerusalem forgot to mention was that the Sharpshooter that Lacey pulled out was quite possibly the worst in WWE history. I'm including The Rock's in that as well.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1176307010930970624?s=09

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It seems BRAUN! was going to beat Seth when THE FIEND's music played and the lights went out. THE FIEND took out BRAUN first then approached a screaming, terrified Rollins before putting the Mandible Claw on BRAUN! and crouching over his corpse. The show cut to black and Bray's laughter was heard.
But not for long.
Seth Rollins & Bray Wyatt were nowhere to be found, and the crowd at ringside grew restless as the show continued to fade to black and darkness.
This was a dark moment for the WWE. The WWE had lost a lot of confidence.
It was a moment to see how far the company could go to save itself.
A couple of minutes later, one of Randy Orton & Roman Reigns was forced to break character into a dance, the entire arena began doing the dance and even Bray's mask began to move.
After the dance, Bray had his mask brought over by Orton who then proceeded to walk around the ring and did some crazy hand waves. After the dance, Bray took off the mask to reveal a face mask, which led to a massive cheer from the

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DarkstarIV posted:

What Jerusalem forgot to mention was that the Sharpshooter that Lacey pulled out was quite possibly the worst in WWE history. I'm including The Rock's in that as well.

lmao

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

lmao

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I'll have you know that sharpshooter is well liked backstage.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Are people genuinely excited for a Bray Wyatt match? Last time I checked the only good Bray singles match was against Daniel Bryan from the 2014 Royal Rumble.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe is doomed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drew McIntyre posted:

the wwe is doomed

good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drew McIntyre posted:

the wwe is doomed

Finally

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

ohhhhhhh my

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
#JoinTheRaid

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DarkstarIV posted:

how many people gently caress up the sharpshooter? Like, I love Bret but it's not like that was a complex hold, yet it seems half the people who pull it out make it look terrible

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I don't really get why people are dunking on the fact that Seth's character is legitimately afraid of The Fiend. I get that he's the Top Face, but I don't find it to be like, harmful to his credibility or whatever. The Fiend SHOULD scare him, he's been set up as unstoppable as a physical threat AND more supernatural than any opponent Seth has ever faced. I find it kind of refreshing for the Face to be facing a legitimate struggle against his own fear against an opponent like this.

It also made the fact that Braun REFUSED to be intimidated by him more special, strengthened the contrast between Seth and Braun which is a good thing with your #1 and #2 Faces, and made Braun's fall at The Fiend's hands that much more impactful: it doesn't matter if you're brave or not, big or not, strong or not, the Fiend is still going to hurt you just the same.

EDIT: Like, they went out of their way tonight to show that Seth is still the same Seth who didn't fear Brock when HE challenged BRAUN to a fight he didn't need to take, just because he felt like it was what he had to do. The Fiend is something different so Seth acts differently toward it. It's cool.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
ending the show by having your #1 guy pissing his pants in terror two weeks in a row rules lol

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

DarkstarIV posted:

This doesn't even capture the beginning of it when she hosed up which way to put Ember's legs lmao

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Ember Moon kicked Lacey in the neck, and that was good at least.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

WatermelonGun posted:

ending the show by having your #1 guy pissing his pants in terror two weeks in a row rules lol

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1176339389342859265

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Character work.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
How on earth do you gently caress up a sharpshooter so badly? I had a smoother sharpshooter when I was like 7 playing wrestling with the neighborhood kids at school.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

your #1 guy pissing his pants in terror

Great choice of words here

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
fiend owns still, sorry

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

So like, is the kayfabe that Lacey learned how to do the Sharpshooter just from watching Nattie? That irrationally bugs me. Like, it's supposed to be the Hart Family's Secret Weapon. Cesaro learned it from Tyson and that was cool. I mean, I know realistically it's not like, a complex hold or whatever, but... I dunno. They've spent so many years with the consistent in-universe logic that the Harts and the Dungeon and all that are special. It seems f'd that Lacey just... figured it out.

I honestly prefer the Rock using it without explanation.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Glad to see Lacey get a hard fought and well earned win. Excited for the season premier!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ember's weird hanging-outside-the-ring stunner was cool as hell and that should have been the finish for the match.

gently caress Lacey is what I'm saying.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yessss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

How on earth do you gently caress up a sharpshooter so badly? I had a smoother sharpshooter when I was like 7 playing wrestling with the neighborhood kids at school.

It happens I guess. Remember the first time Miz busted out the figure four