Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

I can't imagine going from years of Bortles to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
so is he actually good or is it just a meme

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
He's better than Bortles was. Arguably he's pretty good, but who else's name do you know on the Jags offense?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

He's better than Bortles was. Arguably he's pretty good, but who else's name do you know on the Jags offense?

Chark's pretty good. We know Fournette but that's because he's bad or at least not as good as he should be. And obviously we (the last three posters) know Chris Conley, he's actually doing okish.

My overwhelming love for the man aside my take on Minshew is that he's not amazing right now. But how in the world could you ask for anything more from a 6th round rookie quarterback unexpectedly thrown into the starting role? He's not exactly tearing everything up, but he's doing enough to put his team in position to win fairly consistently. He's not just throwing checkdowns every single play and being protected by scheme, although there's some of that. He's playing well within their offense with some legit throws and now and then pulling a play out of his rear end.

Maybe it's lightning in a bottle and he's going to turn to crap. But we ought to have fun with it while it lasts, and I don't think it's out of the question that he actually is a pretty good qb.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

LiquidFriend posted:

I suppose, but I remember a few of us being rather pissed that Spagnuolo was the actual hire so I think you might be exaggerating what we thought a little bit.

But the thing is even with how awful he is, yes he's still better than Bob Sutton.

Yeah, iirc the main argument was people saying the Chiefs defense would be even worse with Spagnuolo and without Justin Houston and Dee Ford and everyone on the Chiefs side of things saying it'd be better without Sutton regardless