Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
is anyone else having the game tell you its a new record for everything every time you die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

not sure if there's a clear reason to go to a lot of the side areas yet

orb

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

grate deceiver posted:

Pyramid enemies are hella beefy, I recommend getting something better than the starting wand before going there.

is it even possible to get over the mountain without a teleport rod or something? am i just bad??

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

resistentialism posted:

Ok help me out, how do you 'drink'?

hold s in a liquid

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

if you get a bottle of water and the aoe freezing thing aura perk you can basically fly forever just making platforms of ice by spritzing yourself.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

got a wand that makes blood, one pixel at a time, with 250 ammo. put it on the bomb wand and it put me out of fire nearly instantly

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

im confused as to when falling objects will hurt me or not. is it just earthquake that makes that happen or is there other cases?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

goferchan posted:

I don't think ice does it, i've intentionally tried and couldn't get it to hurt me. Same with the stalactites in the first room of the cavern. It seems to be only a specific material called "broken concrete" (or something close to that?) and the material is only spawned, as far as I can tell, by nukes and by the Holy Mountain collapse after you pick a perk up

i died to "physics" damage after using earthquake and having the top of the level right out of the pipe fall on me so maybe its related to the temple bricks

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

i think shuffle wands should be replaced with random wands, which have no recharge stat and instead cast from a random slot every time the wand is fired. if the random slot is a mod, a new slot is picked and it continues from there

that would be insane as soon as you can fill the slots

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the cement spell is cool. what are the new perks im traveling and haven't gotten to look?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

andrew smash posted:

Where is the altar?

over the mountain

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

I suspect angering gods is a way to try to discourage cheesing somehow. Like digging through the temple to avoid an enemy, or to return to a previous floor, or something.

pretty sure spells would fall through the floor if you destroyed it, and spells become free once they leave the temple

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

made it to the vault for the first time, is the jump in difficulty there always so big or did i get hosed by rng? first room is 5 guys , half of them with shields, who can tank multiple large firebolts or lightning bolts

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

What exactly angers the gods? It seems a bit arbitrary.
I bought a homing spell and apparently this was a step too far?

destroying the temple, or entering it from not the portal.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

just shoot every chest to open it, but only with like spark bolts or whatever so you don't explode a flask of lava

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

one of those spider jerks from the jungle burrowed into the temple and i lost like 300 hp fighting it and the lich at the same time, since spider guy broke the part i would usually use to cheese the lich : |

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

you can hit crates and barrels with tentacles gamer

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

all of the starts seem a lot easier? you have lots more firepower and only the lightning theme ones don't have an easy way to remove stains, and they can one shot almost everything for 5 floors

e: unless you get the start with just 2 circles on triggers those suck

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

But not all of them. I recently drank a bottle of fire and it actually gave me damaging heartburn until I drank some water to balance it out. :v:

drinking stuff from a bottle is not the same as drinking it from a puddle.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

you can get up the mountain with lots of the random starting mage things in the beta. explosion of Thunder or even just the big orbs you get as thunder guy and a couple of the fire secondaries can blast chunks out the mountain. maybe summoner can too? probably slime if you get an acid wand. and warlocks can teleport up there

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

silentsnack posted:

Found a vat of polymorphine and discovered it's possible to put some untouchable liquids into a flask by dropping the flask so that it is immersed. Getting it back out might be nontrivial, but hey.

destroy the vat so it leaks out . this is how you make lava bottles too

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Sailor Dave posted:

How are you getting killed by scrolling your mouse wheel? What items are causing that?

if you have thunderstone or a wand with lightning stuff on it it will shock you if you are standing in water or other liquids

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Mozi posted:

I just had a really good run going but assumed that because holding the flaming rock protected me from fire damage, it would also protect me from lava. That was not the case.

Kind of think it should do both if it does either.

the perk that gives fire immunity also does not protect from lava. just like the perk that makes you immune to toxic sludge doesnt protect against toxic rock or acid or anything other than toxic sludge

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

and water+concentrated mana=more concentrated mana

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

simply explode the acid or push it away with the wind gust wand, then you can get the sweet sweet gold

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

my recent slime cloud always cast explode on slimey enemies wand seemed to go off more than once per enemy with homing, but then my explosion on drunk enemy cloud of spirits wand did not

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I got an always-cast propane tank wand with a bunch of energy orbs on it in the coal pits. And, like, I really wanted the energy orbs...and I knew that casting that wand, ever, would immediately explode a propane tank in my face. So I was constantly telling myself "don't use wand 4, don't use wand 4" until I got to the holy mountain.

you can use that wand! just not with a projectile on it.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

im hitting for a thousand damage with spark bolts on my always cast spells to power wand, because its eating my levitation trail from the perk.

got me my first win because i could just one shot everything up to the boss

jsoh fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 24, 2020

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

silentsnack posted:

Insanity to Power?

(it's a bit hard to see but apparently a couple of those damage numbers were in the ~35k region. Does critical chance affect STP damage stacking?)

i think like, every pixel of magic you have on the screen works on spell to power, so the big rear end shield and stuff

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

dropping it into slime mist or water or wahtever so it falls slow is the only way ive been able to have it survive

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

you can kill everyone in the level just do it with sick skateboard tricks

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

if you apply more than one hit in quick succession it just totals them, you can see this by shooting something with a spark bolt 4 times in a row or whatever

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

freeze field teleportitis homonculus and angry ghost seem really bad to me. i was also super disappointed that vampirism + oil blood or slime blood didnt let me recover hp by drinking oil or slime but thats besides the point

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

The Gripper posted:

Also pouring water into toxic sludge turns it into more water.

concentrated mana+water = more concentrated mana also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

HookedOnChthonics posted:

:eek:

also while im asking beginner questions, what does satiation do, other than being a nerf on vampirism or a slow way to burrow through snow? do love the mental image of my wiz just cramming every scrap of cave lichen in their craw as they go tho :kimchi:

in prerelease versions it didn't exist and you could eat anything, including I think the entire lava sea