Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Me whenever I come within a screen of anything flammable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

me: Oh I'll test this cool wand I made
also me: https://i.imgur.com/RnwG73Y.mp4

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Are you sure? I tested it a couple of times previous to me dying while being in the water and that didn't happen. It exploded into lightning, fire and gunpowder and I guess some lightning stuff fell into the water?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

rip in piss me

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Well this is a stroke of luck. Toxic sludge + water + dirt/mud? I am immediately going to gently caress this up :)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

No idea. The first enemy I saw ws the flying toxic assholes and they left a pool. I shot some water into it to dilute it and it turned into alchemic precursor then it started turning into midas draught.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Every time I find a lightning bolt wand on the 2nd level I'm all yeah! this is the run! Then I promptly explode my own face off :cripes:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I found an 'always cast boomerang' wand with shuffle earlier. It had toxic mist on it. Want to guess what happened when I test fired it? I never ran for a portal so fast in my loving life.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I had a pretty boss wand the other day. Explosion on slime, slime cloud and double cast death cross with gunpowder trail. I of course totally loving beansed it but it ripped poo poo apart.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I was exploring the magic temple feeling like I was on top of things. Then a ghost grabbed an earthquake wand and dropped the entire loving place on my head.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The fungal caves is really just wall to wall bastards.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Sometimes the chests on the first level are uh...quite generous :stare:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I've never seen that modifier before. Acid/Toxic charm?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I'm only at the 2nd temple :stare:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The first wand I found in the ice caves had 3 damage ups.

This is getting a little absurd now.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Wizards have the best fireworks

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I wish I had explosive immunity right now.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Flannelette posted:

The best part is the minute you take staring at the spells thinking "will this instantly kill me if I shoot it?"

Oh don't worry I just blew myself up in the vault spectacularly. Who knew that 6x lightning bolts in a hex pattern don't play nice?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Had some really loving good wands from fungal caves. Then I got loving drive by'd.

https://i.imgur.com/BFEbs5M.mp4

What's that green ba-gently caress. Guess it had somewhere really loving important to be.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

They need to paint lines on the platform. Heads will roll for this.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Now I know what Hughie feels like. W-Train keeps on rolling.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

How did these alchemists even get anything done when this fungus gets you high as poo poo.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The dragon cave just dropped a wand for me that has about 500 double spark triggers and I just have no idea what the hell to do with this thing.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

Rip them out, you only need one to cause chaos.

Chaos you say?

TOO MUCH CHAOS ELECTROCUTED IN LAVA.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 24, 2019

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I went back up thrrough the ice cave to the first level and got the orb above the mountain and just decided to keep flying up with some polymorph juice.

It uhh. Yeah.

https://i.imgur.com/PbcoLJn.mp4

My body got stuck in a single pixel of rock as I tried to put myself out from being on fire.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

the acid is just *kisses fingers like a chef*

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Plague rats and hissi bosses are fun because he just keeps spawning more chumbos and that spawns more rats so you just get a swimming pool of gold, blood, bodies & rats all having a swell time.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

toxic sludge is one of the things that annoys me the most. The sludge bastard enemies taking 3 hits in the first level while at the same time spraying sludge over every surface and if you accidentally get a pixels worth on you then you have to stop and douse yourself in water otherwise you're easily taking 10 damage.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Maybe blood cloud with fire crackers? That actually sounds like a neat combo.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Huh that crackling audio isn't supposed to be like that turns out. I thought it was a stlye choice.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

TACD posted:

Oh man did you find out how to fix this? It’s been a huge issue for me but didn’t see anyone else mention it so I thought it was an idiosyncratic hardware issue.

I turned my sampling rate from 48 to 96khz and it just disappeared.

Found a wand on the mines and went "huh, why is that sawblade bigger than usu- oh gently caress it's coming back at me"

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Projectile repulsion field knocks away the new barrier spell projectiles which is cool. I also didn't know it made black holes fly away from you at the speed of light either!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Shielding? I thought it was invisibility.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I have no idea what this is except something got polymorphed into it in the fungal cavers and they go out with a bang :stare:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Not sure about the random loadout on regular runs, having to empty and fill a flask with water if you don't spawn with one just so you dont get hosed by fire or toxic is a bit of a pain in the rear end.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

was puff of air interacting with fire in before 1.0?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

yeah I think random starts either need to go or make it so you always start with a water flask and keep the random wands. So many times now I've accidentally stood in some sludge and it's like welp, guess I'm taking 20 damage because I can't douse myself and the RNG didn't spawn much water in this level.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

What's stopping you from emptying the starting flask and filling it up with water from the guaranteed water pool like 10 meters to the left from the spawn location?

Yes the game should have arbitrary busywork at the start based on luck.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Which is made way worse if you either don't spawn with a flask that can clear sludge/fire or get barely any water pools. It's a totally uncessary difficulty ramp for the first area. If I start a run with bounce shot and a bad flask I just hit restart before I've even gone down the ramp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

not if you get a crappy low rof wand or you only spawn with one spell on the wand.