Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

What's the best way to deal with this enemy? Nothing seemed to work against it (so far).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

eke out posted:

its entire thing is (effectively) reflection, you just don't ever attack it

doing big damage explosions like lightning bolts and immediately ducking around a corner works in a pinch, but they have a lot of health

jaete posted:

Never tried it myself but I hear throwing an emerald tablet at it works well

resistentialism posted:

You can also dig a narrow tunnel vertically and strand it .

Ah okay. I'll just ignore it the next time.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Is there something wrong with the 'daily run' start? For some reason it's disabled for me (and I have it turned on in the options). Is it working for everybody else?

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

resistentialism posted:

Playing on the main branch I had it greyed out for a moment whenever I opened the new game screen, but it still worked. Playing on the beta branch it looks normal.

Well I guess it's some sort of a bug then? Before the 1.0 update it worked fine.
After the update it was greyed out with the message that I should turn the online on in the options (it was on).
After the hotfix I have a 'connection error' message.

nekoxid fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 17, 2020

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

nekoxid posted:

Well I guess it's some sort of a bug then? Before the 1.0 update it worked fine.
After the update it was greyed out with the message that I should turn the online on in the options (it was on).
After the hotfix I have a 'connection error' message.

So uh about this problem I have/had with not being able to access the Daily Run.
Turning the Online features off actually fixed the problem and now I can play do the daily run. :psyduck:
(Also now if I want to turn the Online features back to on (to see if it locks me out of it again), the game just freezes, so something is still not okay with it).

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Lord Harbor posted:

Final beat the game*. By the time I reached the Snowy Depths I had a shotgun wand with long range cast and homing, which I eventually upgraded with explosive projectiles and liquid detonation, so the game was just creeping forward and blowing up entire rooms from behind a wall. The hardest part was that once I got to the Vault and Temple, all the explosions made it difficult to see what was a wall covered in soot and what was open space. I got explosive and fire immunity perks which is the only reason I survived.

Since I've already gotten the ending, I'm now trying to cut my way back up to do some of the optional stuff, but I never found a good digging wand so I'm stuck in the Temple and slowly getting whittled down.

*Technically my first win was a practice run that gave me an infinite "Create Water" wand along with Breathless and that perk that makes you constantly emit lightning. The only question there was whether my computer would die before the enemies.

Regaring the digging wands: If you can get an energy orb spell before reaching the Hiisi Base, you just need to do a few extra steps to get your hands on an item that will make digging much easier.
1. Get an energy orb spell.
2. Go back to the surface all the way to the right, and get the Essence of Earth.
3. Go to the nearest Essence Eater and destroy it. This will turn the Essence of Earth into an item that (when held) will turn every nearby solid material into soil.
And that's it. Now you can easily dig into every surface.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

What actually happens:

1. Get an energy orb spell.
2. Go back to the surface all the way to the right, and get the Essence of Earth.
3. Die almost immediately from the constant explosions.

(Also I don't think energy orb can dig through the material that protects that item, you need lightsaber or black hole or maybe a flask of acid for that?)

The Essence of Earth is the safest one to have. You can time it when it triggers, but when I tested out what happens if I stand on the ground, it did only 3 damage to me (probably because it's not explosion).
Here's step 2: Getting the essence

Here's step 3: Destroying the essence eater

And here's the item in action (turning the extremly dense rock into soil)

I admit I'm still surprised how easy to do this, but I'm not complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Zesty posted:

I'm sure it must remove cursed rock, but does it remove curse area?

I don't think so. When I visited the parallel world once, I used the good old black hole + ambrosia combo.
(But it is a good way to deal with the cursed surfaces in the Temple of the Art if a green crystal exploded.)

nekoxid fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 2, 2021