Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

It's of very limited use and does basically nothing that I am aware of except in the cases of Vampire perk + blood.

iirc, the vampirism perk doesn't work when you right click a blood flask.

Which is great, because you drink all of the flask in one click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I feel like at that point you start having to dig through each holy mountain so you can backtrack to spell caches you've set up previously.

I do feel like once you get a handle on basic gameplay, the "completionist" run is problematic. Having to run all over the game world and especially getting back outside once you've gone through the first mountain is very slow and reliant on getting black hole wands; as far as I can tell nothing else can realistically dig up through temple brick, and once you're in the Hisili Base that's your only option for backtracking.

I lucked out and got "always cast matter eater bolt" wands. Slap on a 20 damage spell and they plow through extremely dense rock like sand.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, I think my alchemic precursor is borked as *gently caress*
Seed 44933648.
It appears to be water, whiskey and gold.
I've turned most of the mines into gold dust and i'm vaguely scared. Sitting at $20k+ before the first holy mountain

Edit: okay, maybe it's not that. but something is making draught of midas super easily.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Ambaire posted:

According to cheat gui, it's soil, water, and mud. No wonder. I used that seed mod and shared in the gold fun.

Jesus. No wonder i turned the world to gold. Thanks.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

How do you get mud, anyway? It is actually just something that happens when water touches dirt? I can't really figure where to get Swamp, either.

Mud is soil dropped into water.
Swamp is moss + water

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, is there any good way to deal with lightning elementals? I got tagged by one offscreen, fell into water, and proceeded to get stun locked from 290 HP -> 0 HP without being able to recover.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

What does work reliably on robots? Explosions do better than most things, but they still seem to take way less damage than other enemy types.

Mind, then you get to the Hiisi...officers, I guess, the bigger ones, in the Jungle, and they just soak up preposterous amounts of damage. Had a run where the best wand I was able to scrape together was a laser machinegun (rapid-fire Concentrated Light) and it still couldn't kill them very quickly at all.

Magic Missile, higher grade explosives. Basically, you avoid them instead of kicking them to death.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

I am reminded -- the same run that I did that horrible exploding burrowing death cloud thing, I also experimented with homing glowing lances, and the results were...awful? They'd consistently stop after going maybe a lightsaber's length. I thought they were supposed to go through walls. Sticking +speed on them didn't make a noticeable difference either.

I'm not really clear on how Matter Eater works either. I tried putting it on some firebolts and got anemic results; it'd burrow some, but then the bolt would bounce and explode like normal. It did well on the mist AFAICT because mist doesn't get destroyed when it hits a wall (or else has lots of bounces). Does anyone have a good understanding of how Matter Eater works?

Glowing lance basically has half the range of Summon Arrow. If it fell straight down, your aim was off, it's pretty reliable.
Matter eater works based on the damage of the spell. Weak spells won't do jack, but stronger spells punch through anything.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Is there a good mod client for this yet? I want to mod the game, but I hate manual updates.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
So, is there any particular reason Noita crashes steam when I close it? Or is that just weird poo poo for my PC?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

resistentialism posted:

new perk ignites nearby vapours

This will light you on fire with enough vapor.

Trust me.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, i brought the broken spell to the anvil and forged the Strange Portal, but i can't seem to get the cast to work. Any tips?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

dyzzy posted:

It has a requirement that has to be met before the portal will stabilize.

Look for some statues in the jungle, there are two identical pairs

Oh, dang. Thanks. I was trying to get enough teleportium together, because i thought it would be like the portals to the holy mountain.

E: I mapped the entire jungle and only found two.
The west at the far west edge had one flat pointing east.
The east one was at the far edge, and had two flats, east and west.
I couldn't find any other statues, so whatever.

Post poste fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 13, 2020

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

dyzzy posted:

No, not really

There is a second pair of statues, that point up and down. You're meant to cast the portal at the point of intersection between the two pairs, which takes you to a hidden location with a wand and a spell. The spell is not good for you

I found and cast the spell, like a SUCKER.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

i kind of wish the loose vein gold wasnt really there in the early game, or maybe just a few spots. once i get a wand that can drill i feel compelled to start mining and mining is boring

It makes me wish for a "reverse explosion" that forcefully rips gold out of weaker materials.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
It's kind of really weird that bouncing spells turns the Laser Drill into a projectile, but it's fun to annihilate... everything. with it.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Clark Nova posted:

I have a superstition that shooting chests (or letting them burn) makes them more likely to spawn a few gold nuggets instead of anything useful. I think they took bombs out of the chest loot pool some time before release? I haven't gotten one of those for a while

No, there are still bomb chests. I managed to get one with flasks of chaotic polymorphine, acid, gunpowder and lava. And several bombs. In the same chest. Noita!

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, i found the spell "Liquid to explosive gunpowder" while i had two stacks of More Blood.
Dear god the world was scraped clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Thanks these are all pretty handy.

Is there an easy way to put lava in a flask? I know you can use that to help push the odds that it will fungal shift something

Wait, there's a way to control what fungal shift does?
I really feel like I missed something.