Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Been getting into this game recently. Are there particular tips for how best to play the first few "levels"? Should I be going horizontal and trying to scavenge as much as possible before hitting the next temple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Thanks, good to know the fungal caverns are usually a good source of better wands. I see posts about getting awesome wands or triggers and I feel like a lot of that comes down to lucking into finding good spells/wands; my furthest run came from me finding a really great wand that let me rapid-fire the energy orb almost endlessly and that carried me absurdly well (until it didn't lol). Sometimes I get discouraged when I'm hitting the third temple and feeling like my wands are still rear end.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
It's not the optimal choice but I always pick the 'glass cannon' perk because the bombs get a hilarious blast radiu

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol i discovered nukes

and "explosion immunity" pairs rather well with them :getin:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
yeah, i ran into that sometime after making that post :xd:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I recently finally got to an ending in the game, so now that I've accomplished a mod-free playthrough I went and grabbed a mod that makes killed enemies drop health pickups. It's very adjustable, you can choose whether it heals a fixed number or a percentage of your total HP, how likely it is to drop, etc.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Made it to New Game +, whew that cranks up the difficulty a bit.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Got back into Noita, and after what was initially not a promising run I managed to luck into Gamma and Wand Refresh - which means you can stick any spell after Wand Refresh, Gamma will trigger it and not consume the charge. With black holes, and then Circle of Vigour, I can wander to the parallel worlds at will.

Gamma and Wand Refresh also let you ignore spell cooldowns, if you ever wanted to really spam Nuke. Combining it with Chain Spell might be a bit much though lol

Also dang the fuckin' High Alchemist and the Wand Connoisseur love to hang out top-side in the parallel worlds

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
RNG is weird though, some games I find a shitload of chainsaws, I haven't seen a single chainsaw this whole run.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Aw man, I forgot/didn't realize that if you have too many orbs on the first run, you can't do NG+. :(

Does anyone know what this text says?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Thanks!