Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Venuz Patrol posted:

yeah i can sorta understand why you’re not allowed to loot all the spells out of wands for balance reasons, but i’m not here to play a balanced game. i’m here to scald all my skin off with a pentagram pattern of arrow bolts with acid trails

Maybe just disabling access to your spell bank but allowing you to move spells around in the wands themselves would be a good compromise.

For ailments in general I'd like to see some sort of build up meter or something. It could be a short build up but just a second to see oh I'm standing in poison better get out would go a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lmfao I just got my first win with the most degenerate strategy. I had made it to the jungle with a pretty sweet wand, melee immunity and a couple full invisibility potions. Unfortunately a worm angered the gods and I thought my run was over there (I have no idea what to do about the skeletons). I decided I'd try to sneak by him with the invis potion and sure enough it worked. And then I just like... kept going... staying invisible the whole time. Turns out that you can stay invisible for a long rear end time just topping yourself off every once in awhile and with melee immunity there isn't really much even the ghost worms in the vault can do about it. My gameplay till the end just consisted of avoiding puddles and occasionally bombing my way to the exits. I was pretty nervous coming up to the final boss, which I had never fought before, but I smartly grabbed low gravity just before and proceeded to never touch the ground the whole fight which made it pretty easy.

Game is sick but I don't think the worms should be able to tunnel into the god rooms.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

lmao

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The god room hearts should give you like 10-15 max hp

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

OwlFancier posted:

New beta adds +10 max life to the between level life refill pickups, and also a weird inaccessible room with a crystal in it under the spell shop that I don't know what it does, also might have changed the anger the gods mechanic somehow.

hell yeah called it. the pace of updates is really nice this game is gonna be polished as hell in no time

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I love that this game is becoming a mod sandbox extravaganza. I hope the dev is prioritizing steam workshop support

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ambaire posted:

'slow down gameplay'. In other words, the testers weren't testing the game fast enough so the devs removed QoL features so the testers would 'test faster'. gently caress that noise.

Lol this take

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ZypherIM posted:

If I could make a suggestion, as a completely new player, the "quit" button on the end game screen should really have some sort of confirmation message before dumping you straight to the desktop. Ideally you'd have a "main menu/desktop" option pop up, it was pretty jarring to go into what appeared to be post-run sub menus (click to expand) and have one of the options full exit the game.

In addition I think the progress screen should be accessible from the main menu as well

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It wouldn't really be arbitrary since giving up a potentially good flask for some water is a meaningful decision

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Can it be any potion or is it drawing from a limited pool of possibilities? You catch on fire all the time in this game so the only flask I would ever prioritize over water at the start would be ambrosia, most of my runs have started me off with slime. I can't think of any scenarios where slime is actually useful, so having to dump it out at the start of every run to grab some water seems like a completely unnecessary change. It's not like having water at the start was overpowered or anything.

I'm not sure if its pulling from the full pool but any non-harmful liquid can extinguish fire so dumping out invisibility or berserk or whatever would be a waste. Granted you don't get the fire resist from being wet but that's a fair tradeoff I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zesty posted:

Mods disable achievements. I don’t think this should be the case. Also needs more achievements. A lot more. For all the cool hidden things.

this