Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
So the death cross spell is currently essentially a win button with one perk and spell modifier, or two spell modifiers. Get homing shots either through perks or by modifier, then use anything that gives it a damaging aura. That can include the damage aura spell, electrical, heavy shot, increased damage, or even freeze since the blast will shatter anything it hits.

It seems that damage ticks happen as fast as your fps will allow, so any enemy will simply evaporate, and even the final boss will die in just a second or two. I enjoyed my first two victories that way, but now I kind of dread seeing it show up because I know exactly how the rest of the run will proceed. Lighting, late game projectile spam, etc. It all pales compared to the furious pixie tearing everyone limb from limb.

That aside, I'm really liking all the mods that are streaming out. I can't wait for what will be a huge number of new spells and perks to come out. That and new maps cause goddamn am I tired of the mines->snow caves loop, hoping for something to carry me through the base, or getting bodied and having to reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

nightwisher posted:

After a few days of tinkering with modding, I've decided to release a rough v1 of my Noita+ map expansion mod:

Noita+ on Modworkshop.net

A comparison of the original world biome map, and the mod's map:

I really appreciate this. I was getting really tired of the existing map. That said, this layout is a little unintuitive given the totally random nature of the terrain. I had to keep your pixel map open just to know where to go. Also, there are large chunks that don't seem to have anything in them, including one right below the starting area. Just a huge block of nothing.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
I'm waiting until someone inevitably makes some rad mods based off this:

And since we already have a titty mod, when are we gonna get our beefcake skin?

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Broken Cog posted:

Does explosion immunity protect against nukes?

Yep.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

resistentialism posted:

with some caveats

Yeah it causes big chunks of the terrain to rain down. Don't get squished. Or do. Noita.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
For anyone wanting to make the game a little easier and reduce the repetition, without making it a cakewalk there are a few mods you can try.

First off, getting the mod where gold doesn't despawn is very nice as it takes the pressure off you to brave really dangerous situations like a cloud of freezing vapor for that filthy lucre.

Dissolve powders is a silly perk and it can make the snow biome a bit awkward but not having to turn around because the engine put a pile of coal in the way is extremely nice.

Faster movement just speeds everything up which makes restarting and plowing through the mines again just that much faster.

All seeing eye is actually sort of a bigger cheat, but not having to walk down every dead-end is nice, and just because you can see that health upgrade doesn't always mean you have the tools to get to it.

Finally, repelling cape can take away some of the jank that makes Noita Noita, but not having to constantly takes showers or worry about two pixels of toxin is pretty spiffy.

Those alone have reduced the early game grind for me immensely.

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 21, 2019

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
Quote is not edit.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Bad Munki posted:

Anyone know if there's a hidden lava and/or chill immunity perk? I'm not seeing one in the game files, but I want to cheat like a god drat shameless bastard.

I didn't see it in the perk files. You could modify the player entity file and remove that from the list of damaging materials to force it if you really wanted it.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
The freeze field and teleportitis both feel like more punishment than benefit. The same it true for a few others to a lesser degree like electricity. I really look forwards to more perks, as well as the crazier modded perks that get added. Right now it seems that most runs rely to much on getting the perfect wand and perk combo. And not getting instagibbed upon being surpris polymorphed. Also, why is the blinding wizard even in the game? 30 seconds in which either I sit, bored waiting to be able to get on with my life of 2 seconds of panic in which I flail around uselessly and get gibbed. Either way, it sucks.

I made a little mod that actually gives the sheep more health and the same movement as the base player so at least I have a chance to escape before getting wrecked.

Edit- Also, no i-frames on extra life means that 9 times out of 10, I get a game over screen with a helpful popup saying "extra life gives you another chance" or something equally insulting.

What I'm saying is I wanna hate gently caress this game.

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 22, 2019

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

IronicDongz posted:

idk how you guys are getting polymorphed so often

More than half the time it's because I get winged by some random projectile, fall straight down with no way to do anything else, and fall into a random puddle from a broken flask I didn't even know was there. The fungal caverns are especially bad about this.

And speaking of which, can the total stunlock effect of projectiles be lessened some what? I don't mind losing my flight ability, but losing horizontal control seems excessive. It makes me terrified of every little projectile and not in a fun way. I just fear the bullshit.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
Mod list is scrollable as well. Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
Game was working fine as of last night, with and without mods. Woke up this morning and it will hang/crash randomly. Sometimes it is just the video and I can hear the game otherwise continuing in the background, sometimes if is totally locked up. Either way, if I alt-tab and then back into the game, it will just show a totally black or white screen, rapidly flashing. No crash report has been generated. I have tried it without mods, totally removed and reinstalled. Beta branch, restart computer, etc. Nothing seems to fix it. Sound like anything anyone has heard of before? Searching so far hasn't turned up anything that I can find.