Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Am I wasting my time trying to use a gamepad with this? The movement is easier for me to handle - as is usual for platformers - but aiming my spells is a load of old rear end compared to having a mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I've turned into a total addict to this game, though it took a while to get over the initial difficulty/overwhelm hump

This weird thing showed up in my first New Game this morning, right at the start :psyduck: guess now I get to see what's under the lava lake! seed is 40974936

(e) lol i'm a liar, that's a lot of goddamn lava :psypop: maybe i can make it back from snowland with something more apropos. and a way to make it through the lake of blood left over...

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 29, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

not gonna lie, i'd play any of these multiplayer ideas

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

took them and their riches with you, at least

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I love how so many Noita deaths could just be called hubris.mp4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I gotta say, not being certain to start with some water is a total buzzkill

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Whoa, is this new with 1.0? This makes experimenting with wands much easier to grok.

https://i.imgur.com/z8y38dF.mp4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

so the vast majority of regular runs end in area 1 or 2, right, because jesus

why do those fly things have so much lavablood

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ngl, worms give me the willies real fuckin bad :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

wish i could survive long enough to get a hosed up wand like that

I have the one win months back, but i have just been getting slapped since 1.0 :gibs:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

personally i'm just never quite sure what to do with accent marks, never learned it :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I cast the "summon wand" spell in the Hiisi base once. It summoned a wand with the Earthquake spell, which promptly caused an earthquake, which nearly killed me and did kill the wand. So I went and picked it up and used it. And that earthquake killed me. :v:

My bad habit that's doing me no favors in getting wins: exploding every explodable container that I can along the way

Look, I like the freedom to move okay!!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

you know it's going to be either a very short or very good run when you load into a new game and hear two nearby explosions

(e) Think I might try gamepad again... I remember it having an easier time with hovering and fighting than I'm having with keyboard, mouse aim or no

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/DmhTwkn.mp4

yaaay finally got to make something strong enough to cause pushback :yayclod:

(you may notice the gap in the wand. you may also notice the freezing mod in my inventory, the snowpile and ice left, and my less-than-full HP. I'll elide the rest of the tale :v:)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 26, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

There's also a mod specifically for making you always get water instead of whatever in your flask

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Clark Nova posted:

I've played several rounds since the latest hotfix patch and haven't spawned with a bottle of anything you can't put out a fire with

ditto sludge? i'm happy to uninstall the mod as long as i can get the fuckin toxic goop off

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Item-wise what do you all like to keep on you, besides water? A tablet is the only other thing I try to hold onto so far, the rest I kinda :shrug: and forget about

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I swear i'm going to start slam-picking sludge immunity over anything else that isn't perk lottery

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is Cast Time disregarded if Recharge Time goes below zero, or vice versa, or both?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

okay, one more question - spell wrapping. I don't get how/why it works from watching videos. I read up on the advanced wand mechanics wiki article so I'm aware of the concept of spell blocks, but how to wrap usefully still eludes me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

And do any of these fancy rules work with shuffle wands, or is triggered/modified-spell-selection shuffled too?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Goki's mod has an option that does exactly that. Kick spells from wands under game modifiers.

beginning to think i'm going to want to install goki's before I even get a 1.0 win :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

It's pretty much a one stop shop for tuning the game as you see fit. Hate shuffle wands? There's an option for that. Hate the massive poo poo they took in the perk pool in 1.0? Turn off the ones you don't want to see. Want less samey starter wands? There's several flavors to try.

I installed it and turned off everything except the "treasure hunter" class loadout for now, and I'm already real happy. Digging limited by mana instead of charges, right from the word go, is so much more fun

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 29, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How are y'all taking mid-run, cropped, non-death videos?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How do you all work through the biomes on a normal run, I typically stall out by snowlands or the hiisi base just from a lack of good spells and it makes me wonder how much is RNG and how much sideways exploration I need to do

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Seems like the basic summary is:

- Clear a route to the safety of the portal, then explore
- Hang about in the mines & coal pits for longer; long enough to have a good attack wand/a bunch of money/both (and digging wand but I've modded to always start with one because nuts to that imo)
- try the Fungal Caverns if daring

What about the Collapsed Mines?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

why is the trigger needed for a basic murderwand, I never quite got that

unless you're talking about dangerous spells like Explosion of course but you seem to mean in the general case

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I had 312 hp by the third zone, just calmly making my way eastwards and then:

Just gotta laugh I guess...

holy poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Just say no to lance hoses

but boy fuckity did you ever kill that mob

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

do t he wand models/colors themselves mean anything?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sailor Dave posted:

Going to be real here, this is probably the most impressive and satisfying thing I've seen in this thread.

Seriously, a perfect goal-shot of a barrel starting in water? That's :golfclap: at least

dis astranagant posted:

It affects your own projectiles and can have unpredictable results while moving.

also

note to self, minimize screen shake in options next time i play

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I did think those little goobers from the top picture looked a little Hempuli-ish :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hubris.gifv

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

animatorZed posted:

Explosion forensics time.

It's not my projectile.
It doesn't appear to be a nuke as it doesn't cave in the ceiling
I first thought holy hand grenade, but it doesn't have the signature falling fireball effects in the middle.

Current theory: off screen enemy randomly rolled the glass cannon perk and picked up a bomb wand.
However, bombs have a fairly long fuse and that thing goes off almost as soon as I crest the hill so maybe it was a different explosive.

can i just say i really appreciate this game and any other where death forensics is sometimes necessary

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

what do you even say after a death like that :negative:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

excellent

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

are there any early-game unlocks now besides the orbs that might help me actually get past mines/coal pits consistently again

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

most of my difficulty is in aiming, i can't hit poo poo anymore, even when i'm not panicking because 4 of those slime bat assholes jumped me out of the dark (or from a very long distance but i just keep missing gently caress)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

it's like i can't draw lines in my head anymore and it's driving me absolutely bonkers