Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

For such a loving amazing show (that I just finished watching) this thread sure is talking about some weird and unrelated poo poo.

There's honestly too much to write about how much I loved this and am actually legitimately mad there isn't more. Maybe I'll come back to all the positives and instead just mention my only two issues.
First, if there was any reason we were supposed to think Alma actually is schizo, it's completely thrown out the window due to the 2 scenes where she actually used her powers in a way that other people could understand. The security guard who lost her sister and the mom's secret that she was in dad's lab. As such, without reconciliation of what we witnessed in these two cases, there is no way that we can perceive Alma as a mentally unstable person or question our views of what we've been watching. I don't think the show was ever trying to do that but if it was, if anyone saw it that way, or if they ever took it there, let it be known that there are 2 moments that would need reconciliation.

Second, there wasn't enough loving crazy trippy poo poo. I kinda expected a lot more awesome scenes like what we got as Alma became awakened to her powers. Hopefully we'll get a season two with a lot more time traveling and a lot more "what else can my powers do?" space fuckery.

An announcement of a renewal can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU