Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Arist posted:

Yeah I live in the Tri-State Area and that joke killed me. I've been hearing that jingle for years.

It's played in the sf bay area during baseball games, including on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Guy A. Person posted:

Brent’s bad in a different way than original Jason and Eleanor who were both super trashy liars and petty criminals, original Tahani was probably at least as entitled and oblivious tho obviously not racist.

I feel the difference is that Brent is much, much more agile with his awfulness than any of the original 4. Tahani, Eleanor, and Chidi* could basically have a specific flaw get boxed in and isolated, allowing reflection and growth. Brent shifts to different flaws with inhuman speed and manages to constantly deflect one flaw from being isolated.

*Jason is imo an outlier and I don't think the show developed him correctly.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

uvar posted:

As pettily smug as it might be, I would be disappointed for the show to go "happy endings all round, except for Brent who ended up in the bad place after all". He's an rear end in a top hat, but he's not literally-infinite-torture bad.

Shut down the Bad Place, everyone goes to a 'Medium Place' limbo and is guided until they go to the Good Place. Which I realise means eventually Hitler goes to Heaven so the show probably won't go that way.

Dante's Purgatorio has some people waiting hundreds of years before they can even start the purgatory process so Hitler could be kinda solved with his journey taking thousands or millions of years.